It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.2 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Near Kurayoshi, Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
cnn

Kurayoshi City, West of Osaka.

The depth is 6.3 KM.

Almost 80,000 households suffered from initial blackouts, but most power has been restored. A handful of light injuries were reported.

There is some severe property damage, but only a few injuries have been reported. There is no tsunami warning.

There have been no reports of any problems at nuclear facilities.

"We're hearing reports of homes suffering damage, several major highways have been closed off while the authorities assess their safety and tens of thousands of people have been left without power," said Kunio Senga, CEO of Save the Children Japan.

Japan's Meteorological Agency noted aftershocks are possible for a couple of days.
edit on 22-10-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

eta: I see this is from yesterday. I searched and finally found it briefly mentioned in Quakewatch. Odd, lots off 6.2s. I posted a thread for a 6.2 in Japan in April.

I never saw it in the news until just now.

edit on 22-10-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Thanks reldra! I have the problem of "do I create a new thread or tag onto one that already exists" all the time. Some are items that take years before new developments are made. Sometimes I tag on (like posting to 'severe weather watch' or 'north korea watch 2016') but find that in the maelstrom of politics it is over passed. Other times a thread that only last a couple of pages is the best that happens.

*sigh*

But either way, thank you for pointing this out! I did not hear anything about this myself (avoiding MSM like the plague and watching sports to drown it all out). So why not throw up a page?? Thanks for info because I have not watched TV in over two weeks! The last thing Japan needs is another devastating earthquake.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Yeah you should have posted it on Quakewatch, you might have got more responses,
I've filled a page with technical info. but few have responded link
I followed the aftershocks for 60 hours, there were over 2000 of them at that point
perhaps people are getting blasie about japans earthquakes, there are so many of them
NIMOBY syndrome? who cares?
*sigh*

(Not In My Own Back Yard)

edit on 1000000029829816 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

join