It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush caught empty handed during church offering

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Rebuttal:

62 million people of over 320 million people (counting illegals welcomed by the US) represents a "mandate" of only 19%. 62 million people of 295 million people (population at 1/1/2005) represents a "mandate" of only 21%.

Evidence against GWB popularity:

* Worst popularity rating of all time for the start of a second presidential term
* 54% of Americans polled disapprove of his handling of the presidency.

Pick and choose whatever figures you want, they are all debatable, particularly fraudulent election outcomes.

The popularity and demography and cartography discussion is nonetheless redundant to the topic.

What is correct, as emphatically stated, is an influential man going in to a church of which he professes to be a part without money for the collection plate is either:

(i) hard up for cash
(ii) badly advised
(iii) a hypocrite
or
(iv) an idiot.

I would dismiss only (i) from the above.

[edit on 24-1-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Sorry, but yet again we see a failure by most people to understand elected officials.

Let me clue you in on something.

People in such positions, aka Heads of State, do not carry around their lives in their pockets or handbags like most of us do. He doesn't carry a wallet on him. What does he need it for? Is he driving? Is someone going to card him? Is there any point he won't be with his entourage? It's pointless.

It was indeed lack of preparation by some staffer that made him look silly here. It could've been easily avoided. But I really don't see how this shows anything about Bush himself and responsibility and what not. This is their life. Go up to the Governor or NY of CA for example and ask them for a peek at their license. They don't have wallets. This is not a "Bush" thing. Clinton didn't either, and I doubt any of them in recent memory carried cash on them at all.

Incidentally, the joint tax return by Mr. and Mrs. Bush is shown here: www.taxhistory.org...$file/bush03.pdf

According to their tax forms 2003 shows them donating $68,360.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a funny story. But come on, the guy gives you folks plenty to work with. No one on this site has ever been lacking anti-Bush material. Why take a flub that has probably happened to dozens of electeds and blow it out of proportion. Seems rather like grabbing for stories.

Having read MA's post above, I'd go with choice (ii). Dumb ass staffer wasn't paying enough attention.

[edit on 1-24-2005 by Djarums]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I've got the numbers up there, too, and I agree, they do speak wonders.

If we're over the election, and it's old news, why are so many people still so bitter? Why were there protests at the inauguration? Why are people still screaming Bush stole the vote? ('nother conspiracy arguement because winning by 3 million + votes is hardly stealing) Nah, people are still focused on the election, and they decided to just attack Bush on every and anything he does. I'm surprised there hasn't been a call for impeachment for Bush not bringing his own cash with him. After all, it gives the appearance that the President actually relies on other people, too, and doesn't rule a nation all by himself.

So, for the next 4 years as people freak out about Bush being president, and that no one likes him, that his policies are hugely unpopular, etc. I'll continue to bring this point up. And as long as people keep saying he stole the election or the nation hates him, that little map is going to fly up. Next time, though, I'll make it a link to wiki so it can be confirmed as not being doctored (by those who don't see the whole human race as being reptillians trying to take over their mind...Sorry, rather crabby and sarcastic today...)

And there you have it

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
You are going to display your map as evidence of election theft in 2004?

Fair enough!

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Hannity.com......Map.....Proof......

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join