It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts and Apologies

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh, I don't think I could ever be nasty to anyone. That's the cool thing about the interne, it provides a sort of filter that I normally wouldn't have. So even though I might originally have something nasty to reply with, I end up rewriting my replies, ugh, more times than I'd like to admit, before finally replying with something that isn't even close to the original.

Good thing to always keep in mind is to never assume a person's tone over texts.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I've noticed your responses to stereotyping.

Heh heh...

That's funny, I do the same thing with other drivers. I mostly drive at night or during rush hour. (feast or famine) I get upset fairly quickly in during the day, but it's pleasant at night.

Night driver here, too. I'm living in a pretty big city right now, so I have to be choosey about when I go out. 6:30am to 9:30am traffic and 4:30pm to 7pm traffic is horrid out here, so I do everything possible to avoid it. But in all fairness, sometimes you have drive a little crazy in order to get anywhere, especially during rush hour.

On the boards, I don't mind the blatantly ignorant so it's kind of switched.

I don't mind ignorance, but I loathe "belligerent kneejerk reactions based on ignorance and willful ignorance" (I'll pretend that's a common phrase). I've dealt with that crap my entire life, so I know what a lot of it is alluding to and where it leads if it's left unchecked.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I hear ya on the aggressive driving. In a world of got to get there fast, I'm more low and slow.

HA! The willful ignorance is something I've picked up here debating different folks. It goes hand in hand with selective hearing!

Given what I've seen from your posts you live quite a unique life. One that would lend itself to some of the worst in humanity. Seems it's made you knowledgeable and mentally tough.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

In real life, I try to remember that it's okay for friends to disagree and that it's okay to acknowledge an "opponent" is correct on something. Doing that stops me from holding grudges, though that's something I'm still working on.

Just remember...life is too short and it is the small things that matter most, like compassion, kindness and love. Humor helps too. One day when you pass on from this world, you won't have to regret that you weren't kinder or whatever. You seem like a wonderful and respectful man to me. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Thanks.

I'm working on it, but I'm also well aware that I still have many shortcomings. I agree that we should all take time out to enjoy the positive things in life. Stress can literally kill us, while happiness can heal us, even if just mentally.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join