It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm pretty disappointed in you guys.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

People are SO STUPID it's doing my head in. They STILL to this say buy into partisan politics, how thick are we?

Same here... Made me finally conclude that ATS is nothing more than entertainment.If I see it otherwise it becomes frustration.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: humanityrising

There are several members who feel the way you do. Would it not be possible to round them all up and promote or support one of the lesser known candidates?

Use those ATS investigative skills to find the best person for the job and put forward the benefits of electing someone other than Trump or Hillary.

That would be the true ATS way, it seems to me.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I'm pretty disappointed with myself too but unfortunately, not enough people are awake enough to not vote for the red or the blue so I'm sucked in. I'm not proud of myself for it but wtf can we do?

I don't honestly know. In many circles, speaking the truth will get you yelled at or worse. I've pretty much resigned to just sit back and hope people figure it out as things get progressively worse. There is literally no real community of people who see the big picture anymore, so cooperating or interacting with others is almost impossible aside from rare conversations like this that take place on left-right paradigm oriented message boards or social media.

It's just really sad seeing the truth movement dwindle into something so petty and ignorant. We are losing.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   

mea culpa - i am pretty dissapointed with myself too - my chief "sport " this election season has been to insult the idiocy of all wingnuts without any partisan bias or favour

i have done nothing to attempt to be part of the solution - but TBH - as i have said in other osts - i truelly have no dog in this fight - its upto the american people to choose thier idiot - then i shall have to deal with that descision once policy changes occur

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: berenike

There are several members who feel the way you do. Would it not be possible to round them all up and promote or support one of the lesser known candidates?

Use those ATS investigative skills to find the best person for the job and put forward the benefits of electing someone other than Trump or Hillary.

That would be the true ATS way, it seems to me.

I'd like to think that is possible but the reality is that the vast majority has been duped and the chances of creating a movement this late in the game are slim to none.

I don't really care for Stein or Johnson to be honest. I'm convinced Johnson will not challenge the establishment, and though Stein may have some legitimate stances she also has so many shortcomings. I will vote, but have absolutely no idea who it will be for yet. Maybe I'll write in Morpheus.

At this point I'm expecting the next 8 years to be the worst possible scenario.

USA seems to be going down at an increasing speed, and I think we might have missed the boat at a chance to ever turn it around.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

mea culpa - i am pretty dissapointed with myself too - my chief "sport " this election season has been to insult the idiocy of all wingnuts without any partisan bias or favour

i have done nothing to attempt to be part of the solution - but TBH - as i have said in other osts - i truelly have no dog in this fight - its upto the american people to choose thier idiot - then i shall have to deal with that descision once policy changes occur

Man... I hate sounding so pessimistic, but I guess that's the point I'm at presently: I don't think any change occur. We're dealing what is basically a giant mafia who has secured its hegemony so tightly that by design, any real, tangible change is flat out impossible at this point.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I'm just waiting for this s*#tstorm to end, so we can get back to regular ATS.
edit on 20/10/2016 by Raven_Heart because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Then you've just given up without even trying.

No wonder either Trump or Hillary are walking to victory. The opposition won't even stir itself beyond everyone saying how disappointed they are - either in themselves or everybody else.

You're all inviting your own defeat. For goodness' sake couldn't you even try to go out with a bang instead of a whimper?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
That's so funny.. I was just going to write a post just like this.

It is amazing how so many seemingly intelligent people w good professional careers fall for this entire thing.

It doesn't take a whole lot of discernment to figure out what is going on.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

It is also because ATS has been inundated w 'regular' people due to advertising or whatever other reason a mass of people were brought into this site. Maybe many are a bunch of shills, but definitely many are not.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I am so glad to see this thread

From an outsider of the USA i see that until the elections begin almost everybody talks about the NWO and how the elections are rigged, how the president is just a puppet/muppet sitting in the white house doing exactly as they are told and then the elections begin and ATS become divided on who is cheating, who is the best for the seat and who will make America great again.
Do you guys really think someone who has the people in mind will get into power!?!?!?!?
Do you really think the new president will stop the wars and help the people that really need help!!!!!
Every government of this world is corrupt and it will always be that way, nothing will change with this election or any other election coming.

6 months after this election ATS will calm down and start talking about the puppet/muppet in office and how badly they are screwing us over as they do here in the UK and the rest of the world.
Does everybody believe their vote counts????
Our rulers are hand picked because they are evil and will do evil things when TOLD TO DO SO by the REAL RULERS OF THIS WORLD.

Elections are a farce, always have been, always will be for as long as we continue to vote like good sheep

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Granted, one thing I can say is that some presidents and presidential candidates were actually close to the inner or outer circles of tptb and were/are to a certain extent, in-the-know. One person sort of in the know I think was George Bush senior and also current secretary of state / past presidential candidate, John Kerry, both Bonesman. While still probably far from running things, likely in-the-know to a certain extent.
edit on 20-10-2016 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I'm with you bud. You talk perfect sense, or, as much sense is possible on this giant lunatic asylum we call Earth.
I gave up on ATS years ago when I saw it for what it is, and only post here very rarely. I flick through the top topics every now and then but I see it has been littered with moronic discussion about these two hopeless facktards for over the past year. It is excruciatingly painful to watch because it shows the vast majority of you have STILL LEARNT NOTHING. This is supposed to be where the smart guys hang out but it seems most people are as gullible and easily distracted as the rest of the comatosed masses.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Finally a thread I can relate to.

It appears as if humanity is lost, mind lost. I'm afraid that the 2012 movement and Occupy were the last chances we had as a specie to save ourselves but we didn't.

We have failed. From now on it's gonna be even more slavery, more debt, more wars, more poisoning, more centralization, 1984, one world government, etc. There's no way around it anymore. Only the rich and the ones that made it off grid will have a chance to survive or at least have a decent life.

All the rest are screwed, including all Trump's and Hillary's supporters.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I'm pretty disappointed with myself too but unfortunately, not enough people are awake enough to not vote for the red or the blue so I'm sucked in. I'm not proud of myself for it but wtf can we do?

That is some high powered humblebrag there....wow that was red-hot

Have you ever considered that maybe more people are awake than you know, and that they are awake, yet realistic enough to know that while we probably desire a third candidate, it is not yet realistic. Knowing this info, and having concern over the other candidate might steer them away from third party for fear that it will split the vote of the candidate they consider the lesser of two evils.

If you are truly awake and confident in who you are, then what other people do would not faze you and not derail you from your decisions EVEN IF said decision (voting for third party) would be pointless on the grand scale as Trump or Hillary will win. You would not need the "I'm not proud of myself for it but wtf can we do?" excuse.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: humanityrising
I'm completely appalled at how many ATSers or 'truth-seekers' are invested in a candidate this election.

Then why did you ask?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And then you go on about how Hillary is going to win

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 20-10-2016 by Lice000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I understand your frustration. I'm suffering the same. I've listened to people saying that both parties are corrupt for years and yet---they keep on voting for one party or the other. It is insane.
This isn't a sports contest where only two sides exist but that's the media's take on it. They could sponsor debates in the primary with a dozen candidates on stage but for the general election they couldn't manage four debate spots? That is simply ridiculous and speaks to their bias. (Third party campaigns don't make a lot of money for the media---could that be their reason?)
What has saddened me most about this election is that logic and reason have been thrown out the window for sex scandals and corruption. As a relative of mine remarked last evening, "It's like they have proposed two of the worst human being on the planet who literally want to run the entire planet and told us to pick our poison."
It seems to me in the past few elections now, the object has not been to elect the best candidate but to vote against the "other team." That's no way to run a republic.
But I will continue to find people that I can vote FOR. I can vote FOR Gary Johnson in this election because he hasn't the baggage of the major party candidates. He has executive experience in government and in small business. He has the ability to step across party lines and reach compromise for the good of all the people. He's not a perfect man and I'm quite sure he will make mistakes but he is an honest man. To a logical person not chained to the party system he looks like a saint when compared to the front runners.
Honestly, I'm left wondering if BigPharma hasn't taken over the US with all their mind-numbing drugs. I heard a report recently on radio that said that 40% of the US population is now taking some sort of legal, mind-altering drug. What scared me is that those people are both driving down the highways and voting!

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

In summary, wow, just wow. Even us here at ATS, who are supposed to have somewhat of a grasp on reality, are so lost. It's disheartening. I'm not sure what it would take to wake you guys up, or if it's even possible; we seem to be more complacent and ignorant than ever before.

Yet another ATS member preaching from on high to the ATS masses about how enlightened he is compared to the unenlightened masses. Yet another "Wake up, people!" post from someone who has not really inspired us with any particularly insightful comments or information. The real question here is why does anyone think they have superior powers of observation and understanding compared to everyone else? What about these people makes them feel superior, and further, what makes them obsessed with opining on how everyone else is ignorant? Do these people have a superior education to everyone else? Is their IQ astronomically higher? Have they been placed in some sort of position where they have information the rest of us don't? Unlikely, don't you think? I see no evidence.

What is more likely is that no one here will change their position based on what someone else has said here. The Trump supporters will continue to support Trump. The Hillary supporters will continue to support Hlllary. Further, nothing anyone has said here in the past year will have any effect on the outcome at all. Zero. Nada. We're pissing into the wind. ATS is otherwise known as a 'crank conspiracy site' populated largely by people who have no particular influence on the world at large. Nor are we smarter. Nor are we more insightful. Nor do we have a superior grasp of reality.

We do, however, have a fair number of people who THINK they are. And in any case, it's a good place to blow off some steam and be entertained. That's all ATS is. It's not worth blowing a gasket over.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I dont care how many times this guy sticks his tongue out at reporters, he's still better than Trump or Hillary.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

In summary, wow, just wow. Even us here at ATS, who are supposed to have somewhat of a grasp on reality, are so lost. It's disheartening. I'm not sure what it would take to wake you guys up, or if it's even possible; we seem to be more complacent and ignorant than ever before.

Yet another ATS member preaching from on high to the ATS masses about how enlightened he is compared to the unenlightened masses. Yet another "Wake up, people!" post from someone who has not really inspired us with any particularly insightful comments or information. The real question here is why does anyone think they have superior powers of observation and understanding compared to everyone else? What about these people makes them feel superior, and further, what makes them obsessed with opining on how everyone else is ignorant? Do these people have a superior education to everyone else? Is their IQ astronomically higher? Have they been placed in some sort of position where they have information the rest of us don't? Unlikely, don't you think? I see no evidence.

What is more likely is that no one here will change their position based on what someone else has said here. The Trump supporters will continue to support Trump. The Hillary supporters will continue to support Hlllary. Further, nothing anyone has said here in the past year will have any effect on the outcome at all. Zero. Nada. We're pissing into the wind. ATS is otherwise known as a 'crank conspiracy site' populated largely by people who have no particular influence on the world at large. Nor are we smarter. Nor are we more insightful. Nor do we have a superior grasp of reality.

We do, however, have a fair number of people who THINK they are. And in any case, it's a good place to blow off some steam and be entertained. That's all ATS is. It's not worth blowing a gasket over.

You've pointed out what I've said, and the arrogance of it. But do you agree with the things I said or not?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join