It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Rumsfeld's private SS squad?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
According to the Washington Post. Donald Rumsfeld has broad authority over a new branch of military intellegence espionage called the "Strategic support branch".

The Pentagon, expanding into the CIA's historic bailiwick, has created a new espionage arm and is reinterpreting U.S. law to give Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld broad authority over clandestine operations abroad, according to interviews with participants and documents obtained by The Washington Post.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

This branch is designed to operate without detection and under the defense secretary's direct control, A recent Pentagon memo states that recruited agents may include "notorious figures" whose links to the U.S. government would be embarrassing if disclosed.

This sounds like Rumsfeld is building his own secret Army that has carte blanche to do what it wants, they do not fall under CIA or FBI control. This is a very scary scenario its sounds like Rumsfeld is building his own secret Army with Bush's approval!

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
There are 27 "secret" organizations in DC. How many can you name? DIS has been around for a long time...........

In addition there are Seal's, Marine Recons, Army Rangers, ect, and ALL report up the chain of command, aaahhh that would include Rummy.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Yes but this is a new one That was established using "reprogrammed funds" without explicit congressional suthority of appropriation. They are also subject to less stringent congressional oversite the comparable CIA units do.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Pentagon denies 'in-house spy agency'

Recruited agents may include "notorious figures" whose association with the US government would be embarrassing if revealed, said the newspaper.

It said the new spy unit was designed to provide Rumsfeld with tools to conduct so-called human intelligence tasks, such as interrogation of prisoners and recruitment of foreign spies - activities DiRita acknowledged in today's press release.

"It is accurate and should not be surprising that the Department of Defence is attempting to improve its long-standing human intelligence capability," the spokesman said.

Link

Sanc'.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I don't see any reason to be particularly worked up, the office of the secreteary of defense can sensibly enough have a foreign intelligence branch.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Pentagon denies 'in-house spy agency'

well it must be true if the pentagon said so, they wouldn't lie to us...would they?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
"Strategic support branch"

Strategic Support branch

Mmmm.....SS.....

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This must be the torture arm of the CIA headed by Rumsfeld...

Anything goes in 2005.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I doubt it is a secret army if this info is public knowledge. Guess it will make for great conspiracy stories but that is about it. No, we are not in a police state nor will we be.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
"When they lead you away and hand you over, DO NOT WORRY beforehand about what you are to say. But say whatever will be given to you at that hour. For it will not be you who are speaking but..."

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by fourth horseman
"When they lead you away and hand you over, DO NOT WORRY beforehand about what you are to say. But say whatever will be given to you at that hour. For it will not be you who are speaking but..."

What does this mean??? I speak english and not in rhymes or poetry. Speak your mind.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Abigail, you keep making references about conspiracies...Do you realize this is a conspiracy site? Youre going to find many here at ATS

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
"Then he opened their minds to understand the scriptures."

"And [behold] I am sending the promise...."

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
So.......now we know where the "executors" of the abu ghraib and Guantanamo bay orders came from.

No wonder they were so hard to ping point they were Rumsfeld secret SS.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Can't do the dirty work with (infested by liberals) CIA/FBI operatives looking over your shoulder, exposing you to the press. from a strategic point, it makes sense.

Another little step away from the (albeit clumsy and noisy) democracy towards a (more efficient?) theocracy?

Well, in fact I am curious how a mullah rulerstyle theocracy should work out in the USA , will this indeed lead to happier families and less obnoxious crime, drugs-use , gay-pride parades and teenage pregnancys as associated with the "abandoned by God" clueless liberal consumersoceity wich seems to have lost direction and needs a divine Hand to straighten them out?

And actually, I must agree, that the Christians are one of the few groups that seem the have a clear and firm idea how to answer these challenges (allthough I not always might agree with them)

[edit on 24-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

new topics

top topics

join