It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, no drug test for presidents?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I work at a kroger part time in the deli and i was drug tested before i could operate a meat slicer. Truck drivers walmart employees cops airline pilots cab drivers ect ect are all drug tested but not politians who's decisions effect our lives are not drug tested? The president has the power to literally end the world and kill billions but no drug test????? Does that make sense?? No it does not.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Czulkangg

They should make them test every drug.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

You are right, it seems that the person with the launch codes would have to do a drug test every 4 hours and a breathalyzer too. They should have to breathe into one of those things before they even get access to the buttons.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

i was under the assumption that they already did that - maybee thats the problem ?

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
How do we test for an addiction to power?

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I guess it depends on what type of drug testing we're talking about.

If you want to know every type of medication or substance that shows up in the candidate's blood-stream, that's sketchy. Although the candidate could volunteer it if they like.

On the other hand, if you just want to know if they are using illegal substances, to me that's a fair question.

These days, having pot circulating through your veins would be seen as a plus by a certain demo. The Bernie crowd would probably be down with it, as would many libertarians.

Can you imagine Bernie saying, "Yes, I do enjoy a smoking blunts from time to time."
edit on 19-10-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I work at a kroger part time

You must live in the midwest! I haven't seen a Kroger since I was in Kentucky last.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Haha lol

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
A drug test without cause is basically a witchhunt which is a deplorable
thing that happens in businesses all the time. What they do is schedule
periodic drug tests for all employees regardless of suspicions.

So I think yes, drug test Hillary because she acted very suspiciously
last debate, but not Trump because he seems totally sober.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I think there comes a certain point in one's profession career that a drug test is condescending. If you've proven yourself to a certain extent than drugs are kind of irrelevant.

More specifically for president, you're and have been in the public limelight much more than most people, so if you have a drug problem most people will notice.

Also, they have a very stressful job, if they want to take a night and have a few drinks, I encourage that. We all have to decompress. Hell if they want to smoke a little, again I don't care.

There comes a point as adults we know what balance is, most at that level have proven it.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The decision should be up to the people, not the politicians. Politicians know who elects them but quite often forget who they serve.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
when you consider that people can vote without taking a drug test then that`s even more of a reason why the politicians should have to take one.just because you got elected doesn`t make you above suspicion and depending on who voted for you might make you even more suspicious.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Considering the power that they wield, every politician, state representatives, governors, Congress, President... they should all be tested twice a year for any illegal substance, and tossed after two failures.

I will go along with if MJ is legal in their state then they can partake.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Czulkangg
I work at a kroger part time in the deli and i was drug tested before i could operate a meat slicer. Truck drivers walmart employees cops airline pilots cab drivers ect ect are all drug tested but not politians who's decisions effect our lives are not drug tested? The president has the power to literally end the world and kill billions but no drug test????? Does that make sense?? No it does not.

Yep, and the democrats laugh at trump for suggesting it.

We are talking about a person who can destroy the planet - and for some ridiculous reason it is ridiculous to ask for it according to some people.

Honestly it is probably just because trump brought it up, if Hillary had suggested it, I'm sure it would be a great idea.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
I think there comes a certain point in one's profession career that a drug test is condescending. If you've proven yourself to a certain extent than drugs are kind of irrelevant.

More specifically for president, you're and have been in the public limelight much more than most people, so if you have a drug problem most people will notice.

Also, they have a very stressful job, if they want to take a night and have a few drinks, I encourage that. We all have to decompress. Hell if they want to smoke a little, again I don't care.

There comes a point as adults we know what balance is, most at that level have proven it.

Really? So to be respectful we should potentially let a potential drug addict have control of the nukes.

If anyone deserves to be drug tested - it is the most powerful person in the world, to suggest otherwise is arguing that drugs do not affect a persons judgement.
edit on 19-10-2016 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
If I have to take a drug test to get a decent job even while having a medical mj license in my state than These wanksers ought to have one every 5 minutes.

Of course what fun would the presidency be without a little r&r?

Ain't called the White House for nothing ..

*sniff*

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

We evaluate our NASA astronauts, physically, mentally and for drugs.

Should the person in charge of the entire country be subjected to less? You give up your privacy when you run for public office.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

If someone makes it to presidency I doubt they're a drug addict. Just gonna go to the hood in the caravan to score some smack? Get a grip.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

FUDGE that's funny!

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
the military has to take drug tests so why shouldn`t the commander in chief have to?
one set of rules for the elite another set for the peons, I get it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join