It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

So, no drug test for presidents?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Czulkangg

Think of it from a different angle: drug testing was put in place as a way to exclude minorities from consideration and eliminate a vast swath of workers compensation claims. Anyone who agrees to work in a place that does compulsory drug testing is perpetuating this system by complicit agreement.

I don't drug test my employees. Its wrong for me to do it. Not to mention humiliating to ask someone to submit bodily fluids as a prerequisite for employment.

We all complain about corporations....but then want to expand their hiring practices to anyone who doesn't have to suffer such indignities, just to make it fair?

oO "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you", not "Do unto others as was done unto you".

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Poor people can be so unpredictable.

You can't blame them for not trusting us plebeians on a fork lift without a test but handing over the reigns to the free world? NO PROBLEMO!
edit on 2016-10-19T17:49:23-05:002016Wed, 19 Oct 2016 17:49:23 -0500v000000232016-10-19T17:49:23-05:002016Wed, 19 Oct 2016 17:49:23 -0500Wed, 19 Oct 2016 17:49:23 -0500 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
My company requires pre employment drug screening, so why not the president.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
No white lists either (drugs that are OK to have in your blood stream).

The local pusher, er, Walgreens, can provide a cornucopia of pills that are legitimate to own, possess, and ingest (according to the instructions on the bottle) so why give them a free pass? If I need legitimate Sudafed I have to put my name on a watch list! How can POTUS be free and clear of ANY drug test?!! GAH!

Ah heck, it is ATS after all!

How do you test a reptilian anyway?

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Czulkangg
I work at a kroger part time in the deli and i was drug tested before i could operate a meat slicer. Truck drivers walmart employees cops airline pilots cab drivers ect ect are all drug tested but not politians who's decisions effect our lives are not drug tested? The president has the power to literally end the world and kill billions but no drug test????? Does that make sense?? No it does not.

The requirements to be eligible to become President are outlined in the US Constitution, (Article II, Section 1, Clause 5).

No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States.

www.law.cornell.edu...

That's it. Everything else is voluntary, such as releasing tax returns, releasing medical records, showing up for Presidential debates, having __ amount of credentials or experience, etc. If a candidate wants to voluntarily take drug tests and release the results to the public, they're free to do so. But it would take an amendment to the US Constitution to require it.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

You do know that presidents can get there hands on any drug illegal or otherwise if they want it? I believe it was Kennedy that got weed and cuban cigars whenever he wanted...just ring up the DEA for the ganja.

There has been stuff written about that back in the 90's or so...'gonna dig around for it, n Ill get back. Kennedy had painkillers and steroid injections as well whenever he asked the Presidential Physician for them...and a lot of amphetamines (speed)floating around the government in the early and mid 60's and 70's

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: proximo

If someone makes it to presidency I doubt they're a drug addict. Just gonna go to the hood in the caravan to score some smack? Get a grip.

These kind of people don't need to go to the hood to obtain illegal substances. Get a grip.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Most real professional jobs don't require drug testing. It's something that's only done to people on the bottom in positions where you don't really care who you hire.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo
Really? So to be respectful we should potentially let a potential drug addict have control of the nukes.

It wouldn't be the first time.

Obama is a former coc aine addict.
W loved to party and was into basically everything until the 90's when he sobered up.
Nixon was drunk morning, noon, and night while also addicted to a pharmaceutical.
Kennedy was hooked on painkillers among other things.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
That and an psychological test.

1 in 5 CEOs are psychopaths, study finds:
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Could be even worse with presidents, anyways when you look at most leaders/presidents I would be surprised if that wasn't the case.

edit on 21-10-2016 by Pluginn because: slight change

<< 1   >>

join