It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simulated universe,Why Now??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
More and more scientist, folks from silicone valley, creative types from Hollywood and even industrialist are either convinced or is trying to push the idea that we live in some sorta simulation or matrix, it just happen that I viewed a panel debate about the subject, then within hours Elon Musk is convinced that we are a billion to one chance that we are living in a simulated universe so much so that he is setting people to work to breakout of the matrix, then there is the new series West World everything seem to be converging, keep in mind this is not something I am very interested in, philosophically I hate the idea, it makes life seems pointless like there is some master puppeteer, I truly hope they are wrong, but it is showing up in my news feed and entertainment channels..so hence my question ..why now.

If you have down time it's long but interesting.

In a recent interview at the Code Conference in California, technology entrepreneur Elon Musk suggested we are living inside a computer simulation. On first hearing, this claim seems far-fetched. But could there be some substance to Musk’s thinking? As founder of a number of high-profile companies, such as Tesla and Space X, Musk’s business interests lie firmly in leading technologies.
www.iflscience.com...

edit on 16-10-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

It isn't just surfacing now, thousands of us have been thinking this at least back to Shakespeare. This is prison, a construct based on a 4 dimensional movie. It has plot and a timeline. There are enough meat puppets to keep trillions of prisoners occupied while giving them some kind of training, the end purpose of which we don't understand. We can't as we are stuck inside a system that has no doors out, other than death. So, enjoy the ride, feel everything and observe. You won't remember the next time you come back, but you might remember everything each time you get out.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 10/16.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Thanks Uncle Bob that's was even more depressing ..

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

It isn't just surfacing now, thousands of us have been thinking this at least back to Shakespeare. This is prison, a construct based on a 4 dimensional movie. It has plot and a timeliness. There are enough meat puppets to keep trillions of prisoners occupied while giving them some kind of training, the end purpose of which we don't understand. We can't as we are stuck inside a system that has no doors out, other than death. So, enjoy the ride, feel everything and observe. You won't remember the next time you come back, but you might remember everything each time you get out.

Cheers - Dave

Sometimes im tempted to kill myself just to find out. But I never do it

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I saw this a while back.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The 'official' storyline again. The Matrix has to do with the prison of our minds they created for us. Our beliefs, our aspirations, our goals, thats the matrix thing they give to us. Then distract from that by saying the whole Universe is a simulation...

just like expected.

link   
a reply to: Tjoran

Yeah don't do it, we will all check out soon enough, but do you suppose that it is the same question religious folks are asking?? I mean aren't Buddhist of the opinion that this world isn't real .
edit on 16-10-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

link   

Yup, haven't gotten bored enough yet. But at some point, just to see what's next, if anything.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Yeah don't do it, we all will check out soon enough, but do you suppose that it is the same question that religious folks are asking?? I mean aren't Buddhist of the opinion that this world isn't real .

Im sure coronary heart disease will do me in soon enough as it is. You can put what ever name on it you want but it all comes down to everyone asking the exact same question

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Why now?

Because audience fatigue has set in with regard to the 'robot job-apocalypse' story the media have been punting for about nine months.

The simulated universe fantasy became popular after the Matrix movies, and can be relied upon to ginger up the appetites of readers hungry for global-scale revelations. It has been appearing on and off for several years.

Soon enough, attention will dwindle, circulation will dip a bit, and it will be time to dust off the robot revolution stories again.

Neither yarn has any chance of coming true in the foreseeable future, if ever, so the media are safe to print any old nonsense about them, after having burned their fingers very badly on the Millennium Bug hoax and the "CJD epidemic" that never materialised.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Its a 2D simulation. All reality is seen like a screen in your mind.The screen is in 2 D, but the illusion of real time is added, once the real time is added the illusion of three dimensions can happen. With the illusion of having a body, you have the illusion of self, as you cant observe yourself, you rely on others in the same predicament to do it for you, so we all end up with a general observational agreement of what we are observing. One infinite conciousness, which has the ability to make any reality it wants, including the ability to make an illusion that their are millions of individual conciousneses. It can never become self aware, because its a singularity incapable of self observation. Therefore it relies on its multiple forms, ie. us to create the illusion of being. We are it.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

It isn't just surfacing now, thousands of us have been thinking this at least back to Shakespeare. This is prison, a construct based on a 4 dimensional movie. It has plot and a timeliness. There are enough meat puppets to keep trillions of prisoners occupied while giving them some kind of training, the end purpose of which we don't understand. We can't as we are stuck inside a system that has no doors out, other than death. So, enjoy the ride, feel everything and observe. You won't remember the next time you come back, but you might remember everything each time you get out.

Cheers - Dave

Sometimes im tempted to kill myself just to find out. But I never do it

That's a bit extreme, ride the ride, I could be wrong, maybe it's actually like a carnival ride. In any event, it appears to be a predetermined construct so we are simply riding meat puppet buses, we have no control, there is no free will, we are as Shakespeare said, all the world's a stage, we're mearly characters playing our parts

Cheers - Dave
edit on 10/16.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I believe Earth is a complex classroom to educate souls created by a Prime Mover or God. I do not know the nature of this Creator nor does it really matter in the context of why we are here.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Ignore this, Posted in the wrong forum lol
edit on 16-10-2016 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Nothing new under the sun as they say , Descartes the French philosopher was musing the same thing hundreds of years ago

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran
Ignore this, Posted in the wrong forum lol

Wow this is worthy of it's own thread serious stuff, what could it mean.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Thanks Uncle Bob that's was even more depressing ..

I didn't create the construct, I'm just another asshole stuck here with the rest of you inmates. Lol

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I'll give it, that I suppose it's possible.

Why now?
Not sure.
Of course if it's true it means God is a big fat lie or illusion, dillusion, whatever you want to call it.
So, on the other hand if God is real, so is Satan and it could be that satan wants us to lose faith in God because his main interest is in stealing souls or lambs from the flock. Eradicating all believers gives him the power to destroy all He created, which might be an instantaneous ELE ( extinction Kevel Event) once the last soul is taken.
That was a religious take on it.

I'm only saying that because I once had the most terrifying nightmare this happened and it wasn't a comet or any other Earthly catastrophe, but that satan was very real and he took over and took not only our planet , but all the planets, the entire universe. It was just gone, not even a scent was left or a speck of dust. Like a big delete button - as if one could hit a delete button - so in a way that could also mean we are in a simulation and there is a delete button.

It begs the question to those of us will failing health, why were we selected to be in such poor health and is this pain or missing or non - working limbs not real? Does this explain why amputees have phantom limbs syndrome? Where they imagine the limb is still there? It's there , yet you can't see it, or make it do a task. Like when a computer can't find a file, but the file is in a hidden folder and is in there. Any computer forensic expert will tell you that you really cant delete files. I've drifted off, but that is what this makes you do, ask questions about questions.

It could also explain the so called mandela effect deja vous
Or any other supernatural events
edit on 16-10-2016 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

What's the cjd epidemic?

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

We can't as we are stuck inside a system

Aren't we "stuck" in matter and magnetized to the Earth?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join