It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars - Rogue One Trailer 2

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

I feel like this star wars movie will finally focus on a true rebellion, while past movies seem to focus more on individual characters. The whole plot of the star wars franchise is Good vs Evil, and this movie seems to finally be ready to exploit that to its fullest potential.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: skyfa11
The whole plot of the star wars franchise is Good vs Evil...

Lucas actually said it is the saga of the Skywalker family on several occasions.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Lucas also said in 2012 that no more Star Wars movies were coming out.
Youtube
Joking aside, the movies may be about the Skywalker family, but to the children and fans who soak up the franchise,
it is about the Jedi defeating Evil across the galaxy. A positive message we can all appreciate and root for.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Lucas also said in 2012 that no more Star Wars movies were coming out.

He was not being truthful, they were already in talks to sell the franchise a year before to Disney who had every intention of doing Episodes 7, 8 and 9. They had even approached some of the original cast to let them know.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The whole plot of the star wars franchise is Good vs Evil...

Lucas actually said it is the saga of the Skywalker family on several occasions.

Was Qui Gon and Obi Wan trying to negotiate with the Trade Federation about the Skywalker family? No
Was Boss Nass giving Qui Gon and Obi Wan a transport to Theed about the Skywalker family? No
Was the Gungan battle vs the battle droids about the Skywalker family? No
Was Qui Gon and Obi Wan vs Darth Maul about the Skywalker family? No
Was Count Dooku vs Yoda about the Skywalker family? No
Was Han Solos debt to Jaba the Hut about the Skywalker family? No
Was Han Solo killing Greedo about the Skywalker family? No
Was Han Solo meeting Lando in Cloud City about the Skywalker family? No
Was C3P0 getting broken into pieces at Cloud City about the Skywalker family? No
Was Han Solo being sent to Jaba by the Bounty Hunter about the Skywalker family? No
Think twice next time before you attack new members. Be an example, provide links/sources/quotes with your argument right away if you disagree with someone.

What Star Wars is About: The Cyclical Struggle of Good and Evil

Time Magazine Star Wars Childhood Lessons on Good vs Evil

What Star Wars Can Teach Us About Good and Evil

Star Wars Return of the Jedi The Jedi Theme Good vs Evil

How 'Star Wars' changed my life: Luke and Darth Vader taught me what's good and what's evil

Star Wars Good vs Evil

Good vs Evil in Revenge of the Sith

Star Wars Good vs Evil Playing Cards

edit on 7-12-2016 by southtower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: southtower
Think twice next time before you attack new members. Be an example, provide links/sources/quotes with your argument right away if you disagree with someone.

Maybe you should listen to Lucas:

People don’t actually realize it’s actually a soap opera and it’s all about family problems...Source

Gee, I wonder what family he is talking about.

edit on 7-12-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Looks like this could be the best Star Wars movie ever made

I tend to agree. I have really high hopes for this one, and from the previews, I don't think I'll be disappointed.

The only question I have is, why would they need the female leads father as a key engineer to build it when at the end of episode 3 we see the Death Star already in construction based on the Engineering plans provided by the Geonosians. What makes the father key to the construction (apart from possibly shoehorned into the story to purposefully add that engineering vent which ultimately helps the rebels destroy it) ?

There's really no time context in that scene as they are a collection of different story scenes to wrap up. There are plenty of ways to make the timeline work though, as it presumably took a while to build, and they could have run into an issue needing his expertise, etc.

I still think this is going to end up being Rey's mom, i.e. Luke's love interest. My guess is a final scene of her meeting Luke (young Luke, using either old footage and/or some CGI wizardry)....maybe even years later post Return of the Jedi timeline wise....
edit on 12-12-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

The preview audience was raving about this last Monday so I am really looking forward to this.

The delayed construction of the Death Star is attributed to not being able to get the super laser working properly, in the trailer it can only damage an area of a planet and not completely destroy it. Which is where Jinn's father comes in, he has the ability to get it fully functional but has been stalling since he is not a fan of the Empire.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
There you go, an issue needing his expertise....

Was Qui Gon and Obi Wan trying to negotiate with the Trade Federation about the Skywalker family? No
Was Boss Nass giving Qui Gon and Obi Wan a transport to Theed about the Skywalker family? No
Was the Gungan battle vs the battle droids about the Skywalker family? No
Was Qui Gon and Obi Wan vs Darth Maul about the Skywalker family? No
Was Count Dooku vs Yoda about the Skywalker family? No
Was Han Solos debt to Jaba the Hut about the Skywalker family? No
Was Han Solo killing Greedo about the Skywalker family? No
Was Han Solo meeting Lando in Cloud City about the Skywalker family? No
Was C3P0 getting broken into pieces at Cloud City about the Skywalker family? No
Was Han Solo being sent to Jaba by the Bounty Hunter about the Skywalker family? No
Think twice next time before you attack new members. Be an example, provide links/sources/quotes with your argument right away if you disagree with someone

I don't think it was intended as an attack.

While individual scenes may cover other events, the central theme of ALL of the films (prior to Force Awakens) is the destiny of a Skywalker. Aniken in the prequels, Luke in the originals. In the Force Awakens, we can ASSUME Rey is a Skywalker, from the available evidence...but it isn't verified yet. I have a feeling this new one won't be any different there...as I'm thinking the gal will eventually be linked to Luke, and be Rey's mommy. But, could be wrong too.

Since Lucas is no longer helming, none of the new films may be about a Skywalker for all we know, but it is true that he's stated it as the central arc many, many times in interviews.
edit on 13-12-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Heck, assuming they started while the twins were babies, it took nearly two decades to build the Death Star.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join