It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My experiences with doppelgangers.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Hello everyone!

I just wanted to explore several events that have happened in my life over the last year or two. I have been having escalating experiences regarding some stuff that I feel has to do with multiverse theories and divergences overlapping.

Some of the strangest of these experiences involves encounters and glimpses of doppelgängers. The first story involves a trip to a pizza place with some friends. Our waitress comes up to us, and begins to say that she knows what drinks we are all going to order as we frequent the pizza place and she has served us before. She even lists them to us, as if this were true. We let her know that this isn't the case, and that two out of the three of us have never been there before. She then begins to debate us on this, saying that me specifically, always comes here with my friends but I usually wear glasses. And when we reiterate that its our first time, she then starts to flip out, seemingly becoming overwhelmed by an odd sensation and stating that she is having a series of déjà vus, occurring one after the other. It's as if her understanding of reality was suddenly being shaken to the core. She then became very unnerved and apologized profusely, genuinely disturbed and freaked out.

I was very curious what this was about after it happened and have thought about it for quite some time. I now believe she had some kind of slippage between another dimension's reality and ours, where I indeed did frequent the pizza place with my friends, and she knew what we would order in that other divergence. The déjà vu reactions were what really struck me as bizarre, but I think that it's likely that you would have a surreal feeling like that were your energy so suddenly and deeply effected like this.

Often I have out of bodies and lucid dreams, but when I am in the process of falling asleep I enter a hypnagogic 'sweet-spot' where my third eye is very active. In one such case, I got a very vivid image of a family member in the living room. In one spot, he was at the table, and in the exact same space there was a doppelgänger of him sitting on the couch. So there were two of this person in the same room. It was an extremely lucid, sudden, unprompted vision that felt like I was really glimpsing overlapping multiverses from a higher perspective.

Doppelgängers used to be something that really creeped me out, but as I've grown and evolved spiritually these strange visions and occurrences have happened more frequently. At this point, I have no other choice but to accept the reality of parallel multiverses and the existence of duplicate bodies of myself and others—although I believe they are like physical clones connected to a hyper-soul/higher self of the individual (which actually comforts me a bit). I have not seen a doppelgänger of myself, but I have been receiving intuitions that in parallel timelines I am living lifestyles that I may not be able to fulfill in this particular dimension. So I suppose that would mean I definitely do have doppelgängers in many different divergences, coinciding with my current existence. I have also had dreams where I've entered myself in other dimensions, and controlled my actions as if my consciousness took over and synced itself with my sense of self in that realm. This would seem like more validation to me.

I would love to hear other people's stories too, and their thoughts on the phenomenon. Just wanted to share some high strangeness.

edit on 15-10-2016 by Blumenkranz because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2016 by Blumenkranz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
It's amazing how your third eye is open at times at night. How did you manage to open it? Is it your diet? What did you do to open it?

Never had any such event happen to me but I've seen some guys look similar to me.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

I had a Kundalini Awakening following a meltdown a few years ago, and ever since then it's been more active. But, I was having OBEs that I didn't know about before then. It's just now, I feel like I glimpse and hear things more often at the cusp of falling asleep. Meditation definitely enhances it!

Yeah, it always seems like you have lookalikes in the same dimension. But I wonder when people tell you that they've seen a lookalike if it's really just someone else resembling you or maybe an undetected multiverse experience.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
OMG That happened to me!!!!!!! I'm a waitress. I had a couple come in once a couple years ago. It was their first time at the restaurant so I explained the menu n told them about the pictures on the walls (my usual spiel for first time customers). They seemed happy when they left. A week later the couple comes back. I say "oh hi, good to see you again?". They said "what are you talking about, this is our first time here." I said "you were JUST HERE last week!!!" And had to give up arguing, cuz I'm a waitress. They were really insistent that they had never been there. To this day u don't know if they both forgot the previous week, or if they decided to mess with me, or maybe they were trying to get free stuff? (Sometimes manager gives free desserts to new customers). Still weirds me out to this day. But I KNOW it was the exact same couple.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I've more than once ran across people who seemed to know me.
They've always been friendly and seemed happy to see me.
I just played along.
Didn't know who they were for the life of me.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Blumenkranz

I have had people telling me that they saw me earlier in the day when in fact I had not been been to the place earlier. Most of the time they would argue that they did .

Out of curiosity , can anybody relate the DD experience to the signs of Pisces or Gemini (as Sun sign or prominent sign in the chart). I am not trying to derail the thread but I have a theory on the incidence of doppelgangers. I know a friend who seems to reproduce himself in many places at the same time who is strongly Piscean. Gemini applies to me. These two signs are referred to as "Double-bodied" signs.

edit on 16-10-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I don't know about parallel universes, but I once met a man I could only describe as a doppelgänger of my father. As soon as he walked in the room I did a double take because he looked so much like him, almost like twins. He had the same first name. He had the same exact voice. He used the same words and phrases. He had the same kind of job. He had a daughter my age. I cannot explain it still, but at that time in my life all kinds of amazing things were happening.

It's ok if you don't want to answer this, but about how old are you? I've had all kinds of crazy sleep experiences, like paralysis with hallucinations, lucid dreaming, psychic dreams, sleep seizures, false awakenings, dying in dreams etc etc. It peaked in my early twenties, with something happening every night, but by my late twenties it had all but left me. I still have paralysis now and then. The thing is, I thought it was such a curse, never being able to get a restful sleep, but now my life feels so empty without it.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Yeah these doppelgänger. If your in melbourne, the royal melbourne hospital is known for attracting inter dimensional characters that will freak you out.

Witnessed a glitch in the matrix the other day. A car drove past me and then in a short amount of time passed me again going the same way. Leads me to bro liver we live in a digital hologramic illusion

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Wow, doppelgängers are one of my favourite topics - and one I had not thought about for a long while; great thread idea Blumenkranz!

I have had a few experiences...the first one was as a teen, we were at an away game for Basketball, and I was alerted to this girl on the opposing team's side of the stands who looked exactly like me! It was spooky as could be. I was a cheerleader during the game, and unfortunately we had to get the bus back immediately afterwards for a dance that night...so I ended up having zero opportunity to try and meet her before we left, as the crowds were crazy - really regret not making more of an effort to do so at the time.

In recent years - occurring in the current town that I live in, I have had many people come up to me as if they know me, and some of them also complimenting me on my voice - but I have never met any of these people before in my life! Now in a previous town that I lived in, I did indeed sing regularly, but that was several provinces away from where I live now. The fact that they mentioned my singing (when I have not done so publicly here), was just amazing to me.

originally posted by: Blumenkranz
In one such case, I got a very vivid image of a family member in the living room. In one spot, he was at the table, and in the exact same space there was a doppelgänger of him sitting on the couch. So there were two of this person in the same room.

I have experienced something similar too, OP. I glimpsed a family member walking down the hall, as clear as anything - only they did not return home until ten minutes later! I was also at that in-between stage of sleep - so it could very well have been a hypnagogic or third eye event as you've described.

Another time, I ran into what looked like an absolute twin of my first love, only ten years younger than he would have been now. He also had the same voice, smile and mannerisms...I do recall that I was shaking lol, because even though I knew it could not be him, the resemblance was super uncanny.

I cannot begin to explain the why and how of these experiences..they are startling for certain though; and in any case it's fascinating to consider the possibilities.
edit on 18-10-2016 by MoonBlossom because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: crowdedskies
Out of curiosity , can anybody relate the DD experience to the signs of Pisces or Gemini (as Sun sign or prominent sign in the chart). I am not trying to derail the thread but I have a theory on the incidence of doppelgangers. I know a friend who seems to reproduce himself in many places at the same time who is strongly Piscean. Gemini applies to me. These two signs are referred to as "Double-bodied" signs.

That's very interesting, crowdedskies! The only way it could apply to me is if Ophiuchus is included, as that would make me a Gemini...otherwise, I would only fall near the cusp of Gemini. Would love to hear about your theory sometime!

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: anotheramethyst

Sounds like you were on the other end of the experience I had! Maybe you were my waitress that day.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MoonBlossom

Thank you MoonBlossom! I am sort of obsessed with weird science nowadays and doppelgängers totally fall in that category. Also that is odd how not only has your doppelgänger been witnessed but that she sings as well! That would seem to confirm it more. Maybe the girl you saw before was a time slippage?

Also I had an experience like that too now that I think about it, where I saw my teacher walking past me when I had my head down on the desk in light sleep, then woke up, and saw her walk past me again. Felt sort of like a glitch. That is amazing that you saw that though!

I wonder how you are seeing younger versions of people you know? And I agree, these experiences are hard to define.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MentalHealthCult

This seems like a common thing, seeing something happen and then it happens the exact same way after... I wonder what that's about?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MoreInterior

I am 29. But I wonder, do you meditate? I've found it really enhances the probability of odd things happening in your life. Usually good ones.
Maybe you could get it to happen again that way. Also thank you for sharing your amazing story. I wonder how these kinds of things are possible.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I have noticed the same thing about meditation.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I had a car one too last year - was driving on Edinburgh bypass and overtook this very distinctive old guy driving a real old wreck of a car (again it was distinctive and an odd shade of light blue and then a couple miles further on I overtook him again and there is NO WAY he could have overtaken me as only 2 lanes and I was in overtaking lane the whole time and I also doubt his car would have been able to do more than fifty (i was doing speed limit 70- well maybe a touch over
)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoonBlossom

originally posted by: crowdedskies

That's very interesting, crowdedskies! The only way it could apply to me is if Ophiuchus is included, as that would make me a Gemini...otherwise, I would only fall near the cusp of Gemini. Would love to hear about your theory sometime!

I have heard of the so-called 13th Zodiac sign called Arachne (apparently between May 16 to June 13 ) and I fall within this period but prefer to remain Gemini.

I have also heard of how Ophiuchus is supposed to be between 30 November and 10 December (although , I would prefer to stick to Scorpio followed by Sagitarius - with no Ophiuchus in between)

Are you saying that the existence of Ophiuchus (30 November to 10 December) would push you from Taurus to Gemini ?

It seem to me that ,without Ophiuchus , you may well be Gemini. Have you checked the exact time the Sun entered Gemini in your year or have you had your chart done. If you are near the cusp of Gemini , a few hours error may make all the difference between Sun in Taurus or Sun in Gemini.

edit on 24-10-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MentalHealthCult

What kind of things happen at Melbourne Hospital? Also just watched Dolores Cannon explain some of the stuff you're describing, about the universe truly being holographic.
edit on 7-11-2016 by Blumenkranz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I had another time slip/overlapping multiverse experience the other day. I saw in trance my purse in one place, then my purse being thrown onto another place right by it, in the same scene. Two of my purses on the same couch. It keeps getting weirder and weirder!
edit on 7-11-2016 by Blumenkranz because: Typo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join