It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little grey bar under the points in the avatars......

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
There is a little grey bar under the avatars just above the points area that i just noticed. When you scroll your mouse over it it shows a number....what is it for?

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
It's their post count.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Yours is full and it is orange!

Thank you!

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
i dont get a number when i put my mouse over the grey bar
.. any help here?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Yeah staff members are orange and when members receive applauds their grey bar will start turning red. The more applauds the redder the bar.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ivanglam
i dont get a number when i put my mouse over the grey bar
.. any help here?

When I hover over your bar it says 120. Not sure why It's not working on your end.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
An applaud is when you vote for someone?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
ohh im using mozilla firefox browser.. what are you using?? i think the browser might be the problem

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ivanglam
ohh im using mozilla firefox browser..

That's why.
Mozilla doesn't render ALT tags in images.
If you want to see your post count, or anyone else's, just click on the "profile" button in their posts.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cherish
An applaud is when you vote for someone?

Only staff members can give an applaud. It comes with a 250 point bonus, your bar becomes redder and your name is displayed under the "recent applaud" listing.

You are probably thinking of the way above voting button and award.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
This is the first time I noticed the different color bars.
Mine is only a little red, or a grayish orange.

Originally posted by kinglizard
Only staff members can give an applaud. It comes with a 250 point bonus, your bar becomes redder and your name is displayed under the "recent applaud" listing.

You mention that applause is 250 points, I have recieved 250 point applause before, but sometimes I get applause of 100 points.

Is the amount selectable by the mod or do some mods, like 'Super Moderators' have a greater applause value than regular mods?

[edit on 24-1-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

You mention that applause is 250 points, I have recieved 250 point applause before, but sometimes I get applause of 100 points.

Is the amount selectable by the mod or do some mods, like 'Super Moderators' have a greater applause value than regular mods?

Depends on the section of the site you receive the applause for.
ATSNN applause is (I believe) 150 points, and general ATS applause is 250 points.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Your bar won't turn orange, it will turn to a bright red. I see by you bar that you have received many applauds. It takes god knows how many to completely turn red. You are doing something right.

When you receive an applaud from a moderator for a thread you started or one of your posts in the discussion forums you will always receive 250 points. ATSNN staff can also applaud for posts in the ATSNN forum, this applaud comes with a 100 point bonus.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
When you receive an applaud from a moderator for a thread you started or one of your posts in the discussion forums you will always receive 250 points. ATSNN staff can also applaud for posts in the ATSNN forum, this applaud comes with a 100 point bonus.

Thanks for the explanation.
I wondered why the value varied but never bothered to ask until just now.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Does it go "Black" in the end?

Reason I asked, is a few members have no bar...

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

It's possible. There are say a dozen levels of red a member can go through. If a member is on the last level of red and continues to receive applauds the bar will disappear because there is no "next" level to display. I believe its a coding issue.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

Reason I asked, is a few members have no bar...

Valhall broke hers a while ago. Got so many that there werent anymore images to go to. So it was jsut a dead image.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I had a question regarding points. When you recieve points from things like submiting news, taging threads; basically anything other than making posts...does that still increase your bar just like regular posts do?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquidus
When you recieve points from things like submiting news, taging threads; basically anything other than making posts...does that still increase your bar just like regular posts do?

No bud the length of the bar only increases by posting to the board.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Man I gotta get me some applause here. I don't understand why mines not red. I been bustin my chops I mean look at the thread I just started.
Oh BTW

love you guys

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join