It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Announcement regarding Benevolent Heretic

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+183 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Greetings ATS community. I have the honor of sharing life in the real world with Benevolent Heretic.

On Saturday, October 8, 2016, at about 8:30 AM MDT, BH suffered a mild stroke.

She is unable to process language very well at this time, nor is she able to focus on fine details. Operating a computer and participating here is beyond her capabilities at the moment.

We are counting our blessings. She is not paralyzed, not dead and not brain damaged, or at least not very much. She can walk around and take care of herself for the most part, but cannot do many normal tasks. She has a lot of trouble communicating, in both directions. She has a lot of memory loss right now.

She wanted me to let this community know what has happened to her, and that she loves you all, even those of you with whom she strongly disagrees. She has for the most part enjoyed her time here, and will miss her friends and honorable challengers.

At this time, we do not know if she will ever be back or not. She is at elevated risk for another stroke (a normal thing for stroke afflicted people) for a while yet. She has improved dramatically since this happened, but still has communication trouble. We expect and hope that she will recover fully, but right now it is a big unknown.

If anyone has any message for her, please post it here and I will see that she gets it. She may not understand it, so it is best to keep it short and plain. But I will do my best to see she understands things, and will post here any replies she may have.

Do not send her a U2U or anything like that, she is not using her computer and won't get it.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I wish the best to her and hopefully a full recovery.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Let her know she is loved here, and wish for her safe return to kicking ass on the boards. Good luck, friend.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Open_Minded Skeptic

Oh my gosh...

All the best and prayers for a quick and full recovery with no recurrences. Much love to you.
edit on 10/15/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Fight dear fight you can do it your spirit isn't yet done here you have too much love and compassion so fight and get better!.

Just say that from me, getting really upset at the crap happening to members I really hope she gets better.
Another good guy....ffs.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I'm very sorry to hear that.

If it is a mild stroke she should regain most of her functioning but it wont be over night. It's a long but sure road to recovery.

God speed.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I'm so so sorry this is happening.

I think I speak for everyone when I say all our thoughts and prayers are with her and that we sincerely wish her a full and speedy recovery. I'm so glad she received care quickly and that it wasn't even worse.

It goes without saying that she is a staple of the ATS community and that everyone is very worried about her and hoping for nothing but the best!

Peace.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Thank you very much for sharing ...Take care BH and go slow .You have left your positive mark on ATS and I thank you ..get well soon .

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Dearest BH

Get well. Be strong. See a bright future and be in that moment.
Hurry hurry.
You're a fixture around here.
Karen

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Rest Benevolent

You can come back from this and you will

We'll all be here waiting for you

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Praying for a speedy and complete recovery.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Open_Minded Skeptic
Greetings ATS community. I have the honor of sharing life in the real world with Benevolent Heretic.

On Saturday, October 8, 2016, at about 8:30 AM MDT, BH suffered a mild stroke.

She is unable to process language very well at this time, nor is she able to focus on fine details. Operating a computer and participating here is beyond her capabilities at the moment.

We are counting our blessings. She is not paralyzed, not dead and not brain damaged, or at least not very much. She can walk around and take care of herself for the most part, but cannot do many normal tasks. She has a lot of trouble communicating, in both directions. She has a lot of memory loss right now.

She wanted me to let this community know what has happened to her, and that she loves you all, even those of you with whom she strongly disagrees. She has for the most part enjoyed her time here, and will miss her friends and honorable challengers.

At this time, we do not know if she will ever be back or not. She is at elevated risk for another stroke (a normal thing for stroke afflicted people) for a while yet. She has improved dramatically since this happened, but still has communication trouble. We expect and hope that she will recover fully, but right now it is a big unknown.

If anyone has any message for her, please post it here and I will see that she gets it. She may not understand it, so it is best to keep it short and plain. But I will do my best to see she understands things, and will post here any replies she may have.

Do not send her a U2U or anything like that, she is not using her computer and won't get it.
WOW, sorry to hear about this. Glad it seems like most of the damage is temporary. My Step Dad had a stroke a few years ago and was in a similar state as BH is now, but my Pops was back to normal within 6 months. Wishing BH a speedy recovery!!

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

She's the best..

I loved when me and her got into arguments that turned back into discussions.. Only with her..

I am sending e hugs..

Get better girl.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

All of my thoughts and prayers with BH. I just know she will be fine! I have had a couple tiny, ischemic strokes (migraine related), but none that did any permanent damage. I recently made a thread called Cognolizer which is meant for people who have had strokes, I was thinking of my uncle, but it probably works better for minor strokes. BH might like it.

Tell BH I give the biggest hugs and biggest virtual cake!!!

edit on 15-10-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Sending healing vibes. She is a strong woman and I have faith she will be back but her absence in the meantime will be sadly noticed.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Oh no

Sending positive vibes her way. She is a strong person I am sure she will get past this with some time!

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Dear Benevolent Heretic,
I've seen you around ATS for many years, and have a great deal of respect for you. Here's wishing you feel back to your old self soon. You have a lot of friends here rooting for you! Take care, and feel the love!

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Hey BH,

I hope you're able to join us again, be well.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I will say a prayer for her.
She is a straight talker, and I have always admired her.... even if we didn't see eye to eye.
Best wishes to her on recovery!

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I hardly ever agree with BH on anything but even with all that she is one of us. I hope she has a speedy recovery

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join