It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Police Say Officer Probably Did Not Dump Babys Ashes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Police today denied a couples accusation that they dumped out the ashes of a couples cremated child during a search for drugs. Jason Burnham claims that he carries the ashes of his daughter in a pendant around his neck and that Officer Brad Cline dumped them out. The girl had died at 9 months of age when Burnham rolled over onto her during a nap.

www.wesh.com
TANGERINE, Fla. -- Police said Friday they could neither prove nor disprove allegations that a police officer dumped out the ashes of a couple's dead baby.

Mount Dora police Chief Randall Scoggins said Officer Brad Cline likely did not dump out ashes from a pendant the girl's father owns.

Jason Burnham said he carried his daughter's ashes in a cross around his neck, WESH NewsChannel 2 reported.

The baby died three years ago when Burnham rolled on top of her during a nap.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If indeed true, then the officer in question could have dumped the ashes into a baggie for examination instead of dumping them on the floor. However, the police department is denying that this took place, so no doubt its headed to court. The other question is the death of the child? He rolled over her during a nap? Man that is brutal. I could not live with myself if that I had done the same to our son.

[edit on 23-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
don't u love the cops? no.we didn't do anything! whatever! they are underpaid and stressed and take it out on people everyday....i'm from cincinnati people,the rough cop capital!!!!!!! stop these jerks from doing stuff like this to tax paying citizens!!!! yes.there are good cops out there,but the bad ones always make press!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychosgirl
don't u love the cops? no.we didn't do anything! whatever! they are underpaid and stressed and take it out on people everyday....i'm from cincinnati people,the rough cop capital!!!!!!! stop these jerks from doing stuff like this to tax paying citizens!!!! yes.there are good cops out there,but the bad ones always make press!!!!!!!

I see you are living up to your name.

I would wait with the anti-police rant until further details come out.

Personally, I'm a bit suspicious to the claim. Like Fred pointed out, the officer wouldn't just dump out evidence.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
yes...they would....put yourself in that position...making under 25 grand a year...risking your life...dealing with the sewage of society. oh and by the way(screenname is just a screenname) never even had a traffic ticket.....just keep up with the news....and if you aren't from cincy then u don't know what i'm talking about.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by psychosgirl

Yes, let the blind hate flow against the pig opppressors!

I live in the area, drug use is high, it is commmon for users to try to conceal their stash in amulets of various sorts on their necks hoping they wont get noticed or searched. The cop has been on the drug squad for six years, why would he dump the substance out on the ground? If it was drugs he would have had to take it in for testing, dumping it on the ground would have been a bit counter productive.

Also this was during the night of the huricane, to put it as elequently as you "I'm from Orlando people! The druggie capitol of Florida!" well second to miami prob. Anyhow I was here during the hurricane, it was hell outside, high winds, trees cracking like gunshots, powerlines down. Plus there was a curfew. You would get automatically stopped if your were seen out and about. What the hell was this "innocent law-abiding citizen" doing wandering around? He was stopped because he was suspicious, because he was out during a hurricane. Do you have hurricanes in "Cinci"?

You do not go out during one like charlie unless its an emergency which it obviously wasn't because this guy would be screaming about that too, so this guy became instantly suspicious. Plus when he got stopped did he act in a calm cool manner or did he get all defensive and agitated? We don't know because all we have his word to go on. I just can't believe that this "macho cop" would chuck the contents of this amulet thing out on the ground. If he thought it was drugs he would have tested it and brought it in for evidence.

This guy is out for $$$$. He screwed up and now he wants to try to scam the cops.

[edit on 24-1-2005 by Veltro]

[edit on 24-1-2005 by Veltro]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I am the Mother of Jason`s two Oldest Children . He and I were married in89 , We are seperated but not divorced . Seperated in 05-98 . My Daughter Googled Dads name and got this site. So here are some facts. Jason is terrified of poloce . He always kept the necklace on or with him . The loss of the baby was tragic for everybody . He has a 6 children (our) oldest is15 this year . He may not be the greatest husband in the world . A father on the other hand he is. He would argue with me over spanking one of mine when we were still together. I personaly dont like him as a husband /friend , but I`m the soon the be ex. Please keep posting .For me its kinda interesting . You know the whole X thing , I just ask that you respect that we do have children who surf the web and like to Google people they know. So Please, Please have an oponion just for my kids sake keep it half way clean. My oponion is hes a Jerk . but cop scamer NO way . He really isnt like that . Thank you for respecting the little people involved . Thank You . Ann Burnham

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by amn1021
I am the Mother of Jason`s two Oldest Children . He and I were married in89 , We are seperated but not divorced . Seperated in 05-98 . My Daughter Googled Dads name and got this site. So here are some facts. Jason is terrified of poloce . He always kept the necklace on or with him . The loss of the baby was tragic for everybody . He has a 6 children (our) oldest is15 this year . He may not be the greatest husband in the world . A father on the other hand he is. He would argue with me over spanking one of mine when we were still together. I personaly dont like him as a husband /friend , but I`m the soon the be ex. Please keep posting .For me its kinda interesting . You know the whole X thing , I just ask that you respect that we do have children who surf the web and like to Google people they know. So Please, Please have an oponion just for my kids sake keep it half way clean. My oponion is hes a Jerk . but cop scamer NO way . He really isnt like that . Thank you for respecting the little people involved . Thank You . Ann Burnham

Thank you so much for contributing a real connection to this story. It is very nice to read something from some one directly connected to a story here. It took a lot of guts to come on and share with us. THANK YOU! Please come back and update us if you have further information concerning this.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   
amn1021, wow, what are the odds of this happening?

ATS is a good site. This particular part of ATS has an enormous amount of news tid-bits that often times get lost from the media in the general events of the world.

Was this guy a 'drugie' when you knew him better?

What about the amulet- is this possible?

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I cant wait untill this whole thing blows up or over . I am scared to say too much. He and I are still married. In 2001 I got the paper work to him he signed I signed . He never filed . I think he is affraid of having to pay me child support . We seperated because of domestic problems.
Our kids lived with his mom untill I could get them back . He has a hard time keeping a job due to a back injury a while back . He and I were young and usto smoke out . I not know what he does now . I have only spoke to him 3-4 times since the seperation. We dont like each other very much. He and his girlfriend have 3 other children . in the paper it stated that they dont have jobs.
I know that to be true also. He depends on family to help him out . I guess thats why he wont help me out with my kids. It`s really not about money . My new soon to be supports us very well. But he could and should do more with my kids. I heard that on the night in question .He was at his g-friends parents house . Every on was drunk(or at the least he was) he got an attitude and wanted to leave . No job no car so he had to walk home . That is when he was stopped. I know that he and her have had domestic problems in the past. I get most my info from the family who I am still close to . My oldest lives with him grandma and with me part time . She is in pour health and he doesn`t want to leave her for too long. I dont understand why no one has contacted me . If they look they would see that we are still married and I might know something as far as his moral character. But no one has asked me anything . I will keep posting in here to keep you all up-dated. I will try to answer any ones questions... I just for now have to be carefull of what I say . At least untill the Law-Suite is over.. Then its public information and I can tell you all the good details.
Right now I just have to respact that he is the Father of my two children . Thank You . For being interested . In my Oponion" hes a real jerk who needs to step up to the plate and be responsible for the other kids he has , not just the new ones" and get a D*** Divorce.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It sounds like he was carrying the ashes and I can't see any reason to think he'd lie about the police dumping them out. He needs to get himself a really, really good lawyer...

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
He does . Due to a nother law suite pending. I think thats why no mention of me or divorce . I am entilted to some of his settelment. I dont think this case is going to go anywhere. Or else some one would know about me . I really dont understand that . Why arnt they looking in to his Past . They might find someting that could be of importance. I cant offer any info ( i dont want to do anything to hurt my kids) but if I were asked. That would be a different story. The police down there will bust you for going 2 miles over the limit .No kidding. They are real tough. Mostly young rookie `s . I know some one who broke in to a million $ house there and left finger prints and lots of other evidence . The police botched the case sooo bad it was dropped. The suspect was my sisters ex. We all knew he did it . But cgarges were dropped. This is the kind of investagation were dealing with . Jason `s case is really His word against theres.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Thats pretty weak, they can't prove it or disprove it? Is the thing empty or not? Do they seriously expect anyone to beleive that the parents did it just to tick off some cops?

new topics

top topics

join