It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, aides expected to weigh Syria military options on Friday

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

U.S. President Barack Obama and his top foreign policy advisers are expected to meet on Friday to consider their military and other options in Syria as Syrian and Russian aircraft continue to pummel Aleppo and other targets, U.S. officials said.

Some top officials argue the United States must act more forcefully in Syria or risk losing what influence it still has over moderate rebels and its Arab, Kurdish and Turkish allies in the fight against Islamic State, the officials told Reuters.
SOURCE

Is it real enough yet? This is not saber rattling. This could be it. Most likely there's no turning back.

Could there be a secret gentleman's agreement not use nukes? Could the key people all know that aliens won't allow nukes to be launched?

Perhaps I'm trying to make the irrational seem rational, and it's impossible.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Can we PLEASE just stop messing with people?

I am so tired of the Government's meddling with people and countries.

PLEASE stop.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Boris Johnson has been espousing military action in Syria. We're Britain, we don't need no one.

Oh hang on, he said, "not without the Americans". He's not as silly as he would have you believe.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
There’s an irrationality in the US obsession with Syria…something deep and dark

It makes no sense. It’s not logical. Something sinister is about inside the American Military, Intelligence state

Aleppo belongs to Syria. Some external savages have taken it over and Syria has every right to get it back

Blame the terrorists who have stolen the city

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Time to buy another 1000 rounds of ammo.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I think they're trying to make the Biblical Armageddon happen.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Time to buy another 1000 rounds of ammo.

Indeed.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

I said it during the debate. The results of which will tell me exactly how much in provisions to buy.

Now I know. World War 3 is right around the corner.

Too bad I'm not in the army still.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I said it during the debate. The results of which will tell me exactly how much in provisions to buy.

All we can do is plan the best we can.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

You'll be back in soon if war breaks out.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

a reply to: Willtell

I think they're trying to make the Biblical Armageddon happen.

as dumb as that sounds it's one of the few answers I've ever heard that at least fits the insanity..

My base commander told us we would be in Syria and then onto Iran.. A guy asked if we were too late to go into Iraq or Afghanistan.. This was in 2006.. I can't remember that commanders name but I'm sure it's an easy look up.. Lt Col Powers later said almost the same thing in private but I was on "training commander guard duty" so I overheard more..

So it was a forgone conclusion 10 years ago we would be overthrowing Assad.. But why that plan was never changed even when risking Russian USA war, and with Ukraine happening too, I'm left with, they WANT to fight Russia??

WHAT!??

so I'm not feeling the most optimistic I've ever felt.

Wish I still had my M16.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

as dumb as that sounds it's one of the few answers I've ever heard that at least fits the insanity..

It's the only explanation I have too. I'm not a religious nutter either.

But I am well versed and I see what they are doing.

I'm preparing now. I want you good folks to do the same.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I wish I could man.

thank you for caring, but I'm going down with the ship unless I get lucky.

I am also not religious.

I first heard that idea when Bush 2 was president my dad the social psychologist said the exact same thing way back then.. I brushed it off as dumb psychology talk over analyzing peoples motives.. surely base levels of survival win out??

seems they don't always..

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

At least some canned goods to last through the first winter.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Ummm...done and done...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
From Sputnik this evening (not sure how reliable they are)

A meeting on the situation in Syria with the participation of Russia, the United States and regional powers including Saudi Arabia and Turkey will take place on Saturday.

They are also reporting that Assad is saying SA were prepared to support him if he cut ties with Iran.

Assad Says Saudi Arabia Wanted Syria to Cut Ties With Iran

According to Sky news, one-time Soviet propagandist Vladimir Pozner is concerned enough to question why the general public are not out on the streets protesting.

All of which raises one significant question in the mind of Vladimir Pozner - who was trying to catch a flight to mark the commemoration of the Reykjavik summit when we delayed him.

"You know what really upsets me? Nobody is out in the streets protesting any of this," he said.

"No one is telling their governments 'hey, we don't want to go to war, we don't want any part of this, you're threatening my life and my kids'.

"Back in the bad old days, at least there were people out on the streets."

I have followed all your recent threads Profusion. I can sense the increasing urgency in your posts. Just out of curiosity have you made any contingency plans?

ETA Source

US-Russia relations 'worst I have seen', says ex-Soviet propagandist

edit on 13-10-2016 by Morrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I wonder if Obama will start the war with Russia so Clinton does not have to own that burden of responsibility for starting the third world war.

I have seen US American elected officials behave in a similar fashion many times over the years.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Now, I don't think John Titor was for real or anything, but he DID say that we'd have a nuke war with Russia.

Strange how sometimes even the most wack fecal matter can turn out to be true.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
it sounds like something Obama would do, start a war 3 months before he leaves office and then let the next president deal with it.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Harmony House is an excellent , well priced dried food company. $314 gets you 420 meals, near a buck a meal. Its a good addition to other storable options, also very light.

Id offer an excellent bulk ammo site, but dont want to break any rules.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join