It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Election Campaign More Fit For A Banana Republic.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
How low can an Election Campaign get?

For what is supposedly a First World Country, the current U.S. Election Campaign has broken all records for being complete and utter crass.

Accusations of sexual improprieties and counter denials, claims of illegal activities, smears and counter smears to name just a few.

Come on America, show some class. This Campaign is more akin to what goes on in a Banana Republic.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It's nothing more than a show. The most epic trolling in U.S. history. I'm quite convinced that Donald Trump is working with Hillary Clinton behind the scenes and is intentionally trying to lose the election so that she will win.

Donald Trump is not being more genuine than when he was on the WWE.
edit on 13-10-2016 by TheBandit795 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
lol yeah, i would like to go around and interview many of the ardent Clinton and Trump supporters and ask them what they know about the candidates' stance on different issues. I wonder if I will get any response other than
"Trump on the war??? Did you HEAR what Hillary did..."

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Have you seen our candidates... banana republic we are...

Millions think a reality tv star is a good choice... millions more think a crook is a good choice...

When at least 2 third parties I can think of off the top of my head would be wildly better than either candidate we are stuck with.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

How low can an Election Campaign get?

For what is supposedly a First World Country, the current U.S. Election Campaign has broken all records for being complete and utter crass.

Accusations of sexual improprieties and counter denials, claims of illegal activities, smears and counter smears to name just a few.

Come on America, show some class. This Campaign is more akin to what goes on in a Banana Republic.

Politics is following society, as it always does. We live in a time where semi-anonymous insults are made via social media and where everyone is looking for the next sound bite to digest.

These to idiots are giving the people what they want.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBandit795
It's nothing more than a show. The most epic trolling in U.S. history. I'm quite convinced that Donald Trump is working with Hillary Clinton behind the scenes and is intentionally trying to lose the election so that she will win.

Donald Trump is not being more genuine than when he was on the WWE.

A few of us have been saying this all along.
I can't understand why it isn't the general thinking of ATS members.
Oh and it is entertaining If you aint in the states but seeing it could impact the whole world I only laugh for a moment then get mad.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I'll be glad when this election is over, where's a zombie apocalypse when you need it.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

The majority of ATS members still believe the nonsense of the mainstream media. It's no wonder why always when there's a "big" story in the media it always appears here on ATS no matter if it's a conspiracy topic or not. Members here are being played just like the people those same members consider sheep.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I state this with the best of intentions.

The U.S. electorate need to grow some balls and REFUSE to vote for either of these imbeciles.

Otherwise i fear for your future.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

LOL! Hay but we have had a few and some very early that were as bad with mud and all. Sort of refreshing really.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

The sheep have been very effectively brainwashed that they must vote against the other guy...

Honestly I am surprised that someone has not done a study about it... most of the people in any given election I talk to make their choice based on voting against the other person rather than belief in their candidate.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Atleast the banana republic has nice khakis.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Defintion of a Banana Republic:

A small country that is economically dependent on a single export commodity, such as bananas, and is typically governed by a dictator or the armed forces.

I know you are trying to use a pejorative term for the US, but I don't think you picked the correct one.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
What do you mean? I can't believe a banana republic would have such a circus of a full societal paparazzi culture structure, where at the POTUS camapaign level the clowns finally made it home to roost. We're talking total integration between "News" + Pop Culture + Politics + Paparazzi, now. A real testament of American Innovation.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

I state this with the best of intentions.

The U.S. electorate need to grow some balls and REFUSE to vote for either of these imbeciles.

Otherwise i fear for your future.

Why wouldn't voters vote for a candidate if they like that candidate and his/her policy proposals? In other words, we have to give them viable alternatives and convince voters that those alternatives can meet their needs better than the other 2 candidates.

The 2nd part is where the minor political parties are failing right now (in my opinion). Even if people know that Jill Stein, Gary Johnson, and Evan McMullin are running, how many people are convinced that those candidates and their parties can actually benefit them more than the other candidates can? I mean with actual legislation. How are they going to get any legislation through Congress without the help from Republicans or Democrats?

ETA: Not to mention, the 3rd parties are severely lacking in support infrastructure at the local and state level. For example, let's pretend that I was running for Governor as a Green Party candidate. Even if I won, there are so few Green Party members in my State that I would have to fill appointed positions with non-Green Party members. And I'd still have to convince Republican & Democratic dominated districts to work with me. This is why 3rd parties have to do a lot more than just exist in order to win elections. They have to prove to voters that they can actually push through the policies they propose & have to numbers to do so.
edit on 13-10-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

As an American citizen I am completely embarrassed by the two candidates.

I love my country, but our political system is broken.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Although normally we have polar opposite views on much on this issue we agree on.
Both are rubbish candidates probably in cahoots together also.
How can you fix it? I can only see one way seeing you have more guns then anyone else but I can't see it happening at all.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I don't know about it being a Banana Republic election, there's actual democracy taking place here. It's definitely a dirty election though. Everything from calling people tax cheats, child rapists, serial sexual abusers, habitual liars, racists, bigots, homophobes, and more. And all of that is from just one side, the other is accused of taking bribes from foreign nations, having people killed, being a rape enabler, and that they should be in prison.

This might just be the most downright meanest election we've ever seen, or perhaps it's simply the most truthful since I don't think any of the above accusations I mentioned are fabricated.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

"Show some class"? is that like, stop your bickering, what the hell, lets elect Cesar and Hitler to the oval office...

yah quiet kiddies, this won't hurt a bit.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Just wait till 2024 when It is Kanye v Swift....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join