It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else feel like your vote for the President is wasted?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
It's depressing as hell.

I cope by laughing at the shlt show, treating it like live comedy. Then reality bites, depression sets in.

Americans have no one else to blame but ourselves for choosing to sit down to a choice of poop soup or vomit hors d'oeuvrs.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

Ha, Obama for a 3rd term?!?! The day that happens, I move to Canada!!

I agree, I feel my vote is going to be wasted on election day. I cant stand Clinton, Obama and honestly, Trump is becoming too much. I did agree with Trump's "half-assed" logic on economic policy, but even then, he sounds freaken stupid!!! I just dont understand, is this all Trump has to offer this late in the presidential elections?!

Wikileaks, what about them? Where is their "bombshell" information that they were going to release against Clinton? Last I heard, somthing about Assange holding off on releasing more information, but why? A surprise release maybe?!? Maybe my vote will not be wasted

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc

originally posted by: randyvs
Do you really believe it counts for sh1t?

Honestly, I really do.

E Pluribus Unum. "Out Of Many, One" is the motto of the U.S. It should count. It's supposed to count.

To me that just seems delusional. I had the gentleman registering people to vote
admit to me that your vote isn't even counted. He said," But what about the
propositions?".

Like those don't get turned over buy a judge. Get off me!

Not even mentioning the greedy scum we get choose from seriously,
I don't understand why people bother.
edit on Ram101216v17201600000044 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

For an even better deal: Trey Gowdy and Paul Ryan.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Nope not at all...

Voting third party, to help build towards a better future; is not a waste.

rather than casting my vote for the same wasted 2 parties that care not at all for the people, which would be a waste.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

As a non American I watch the election for the potential impact of the result on the globe. The whole US Presidential race is a combined plane and train crash all in one. The insanity will only get worse and worse. I had been expecting a boring Jeb Bush vs Hillary Clinton race. Donald Trump blowing up the GOP to save it certainly threw my prediction out the window. All I can say is with the main race coming down to a contest to find who is the least unpopular , there has never been a better time to be 3rd party candidate.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Vote and you deserve what you get no matter who you get.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

#Hillarys corrupt,
#Trump's a fraud
and they are both in bed with #Putin
She acts like a Tsar
they're both bizarre
because he now thinks he's Rasputin

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
It's depressing as hell.

You don't have to be a American to get a sinking feeling.

cope by laughing at the shlt show, treating it like live comedy. Then reality bites, depression sets in.

I do admit when Trump first hit the front in GOP Primary polls I burst out laughing.

Americans have no one else to blame but ourselves for choosing to sit down to a choice of poop soup or vomit hors d'oeuvrs.

The joke is going to be on me when the political impact of Trump's rise out lives his (most likely) failed candidacy.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   
No matter how you vote , you vote for the system Ask yourself , do you want this system ?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
No matter how you vote , you vote for the system Ask yourself , do you want this system ?

I do believe in The System, we just need better choices for who's running it. How do we go about doing that? What limits do we set that don't cause The System to fail or become worse?

A government "by the people, for the people" isn't being exemplified by selfish people.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   

...we just need better choices for who's running it

The current System doesn't give you a choice... Trumpary that's no choice at all.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Anyhow, I consider it all lessons so that in 2020, we have a bit more foresight and consideration. I do feel unless Hillary does an amazing job, she will be a 1 termer.
a reply to: SaturnFX

I agree either way. Either they both will be a 1 termer, possibly be impeached, or become a lame duck president for 4 years. The gridlock we have in the U.S. congress today will be even worst than we have now!

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

wether your voting for turd sandwhich or a giant Docuhe the vote dont matter. You have a voting system to determine you are "Free". Free to v to the country where the people want it. without this you will be slaves. No matter what your vote, the vote will swing the way its supposed too. so i dont think your vote matters.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

As long as the Electoral College is in existence, generally all individual votes are a waste.

And if you think an Obama presidency is keeping the world from laughing at us, I'm concerned that you're not paying very close attention to our status when it comes to foreign relations. Not many nations take us very seriously anymore.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Living in Massachusetts, any vote that isn't for a Democrat is almost always automatically wasted. the only Republicans that ever seem to get elected are for the Governorship, and that is only a 50-50 proposition most of the time. Every other election is usually 60-40 or better for the Democrat nominee.

This year I am voting for Johnson-Weld Libertarian ticket, and I'm not thrilled about that choice either. Johnson looks like an idiot when he can't answer current events questions and Weld is running around saying his job is to defeat Trump...talk about a disconnect.

In the time I've voted in Massachusetts I can tell you that half of the races were run UNCONTESTED! The last time Barney Frank ran for office he was unopposed! I would have voted for a ham sandwich over that guy, but I had no other options on the ballot, so I wrote myself in. Obviously, I didn't get elected

Usually, unless the incumbent has done an outstanding job, I almost always vote for their opponent. I have not seen a politician truly do a good job in their post for years....and it is a shame.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BomSquad

american here...don't like either of them....

even arnold schwartzenegger was quoted today throwing trump under the bus (oh the irony!) “It is not only acceptable to choose your country over your party- it is your duty.”

and I leave you with this www.youtube.com...
edit on 12-10-2016 by research100 because: added sentence

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
dang double post
edit on 12-10-2016 by research100 because: double post

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Nope. I vote every time. If my candidate loses, then I feel that I have a right to complain when the winner does something truly abysmal.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I concur. If you don't vote you don't have the right to complain about the outcome!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join