It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homecooked meal for cats backfired

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I see we have a lot of cat lovers on ATS ! Thanks for the input everyone. I was just feeling really disappointed after all the effort I put into the home-cooked meal. Tonight I will spoon some fish over the beef. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Sal

a reply to: SallieSunshine

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
a reply to: reldra

Ha!

I hear ya!

My kittely loves the Purina Cat Chow indoor formula and not much else although on occasion she will lick the dog's food.

Then he gives her that look and she backs away. I think she just thinks she wants to try something new. She's very noncommittal to actually tasting his food.

God Forbid I try a new food. Though at one time I did, they used to like Deli Cat. At one point they refused to eat it so I tried the Kitten Chow.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: SallieSunshine
I see we have a lot of cat lovers on ATS ! Thanks for the input everyone. I was just feeling really disappointed after all the effort I put into the home-cooked meal. Tonight I will spoon some fish over the beef. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Sal

That might work. Good luck!

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Buy some chicken gizzard! They are pretty cheap. Cook them in a crockpot with water and a few cubes of chicken bullion till tender.

I wouldn't use any bullion.

In my opinion, the ingredients are either poison or terrible for you. I can only imagine how MSG would affect a cat's health.

It's purely synthetic.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

LOL

My cats are also addicted to Fancy Feast. One will only eat their Fish and Shrimp Feast, which I swear you could serve on cracker to your grandma, it's that special! The other will eat anything, as long as it's Fancy Feast, not Friskies, Iams, or any other brand of wet food! But he sucks all gravy out, or licks all the pate glaze off, and leaves the "fake" meat bit alone! I can add a little milk or raw egg to the meat bits, and to the Fish and Shrimp Feast, to stretch it out, and they'll eat that just fine. They do like freshly cooked chicken, but only as a supplement to their Fancy Feast! Take away their Fancy Feast and they get dysfunctional.

Then they get get Iams and Purina One dry food, they won't eat anything else, like Blue Buffalo, heck no, they won't touch it!

Oh yeah, they got weaned from cat treats, like "Temptations" a long time ago. Don''t even think about giving your babies that cat crack!
edit on 11-10-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
a reply to: seeker1963

Buy some chicken gizzard! They are pretty cheap. Cook them in a crockpot with water and a few cubes of chicken bullion till tender.

I wouldn't use any bullion.

In my opinion, the ingredients are either poison or terrible for you. I can only imagine how MSG would affect a cat's health.

It's purely synthetic.

Well unless you are buying organic cat food is adding some bullion really that bad? Hell, check what garbage is listed in the cat food you buy at the grocery store, canned OR dry.

I fed my cat, Chicken Soup for the Cat Lovers Soul which cost me over $20 a bag compared to the $8 a bag garbage most people feed their cats. I look at it this way, by putting bullion in my gizzards, my cat got a treat eating high end fast food!

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Mine prefers his meat raw, but he gets it as a treat, never a meal.

ETA - Egad! No people food and definitely NO SALT! Bouillon? Are you cracked?!
edit on 10/11/16 by 123143 because: SHOCKED BY WHAT I READ.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I buy a large variety of Fancy Feast and one of their favorites is "Flaked Fish and SHrimp Feast". You know how when you open the can there is a tiny lone shrimp curled on the top? Well no matter which of my cats gets the piece of shrimp - none of them will eat it - although they like the flaked fish.

Sal

a reply to: windword

My cats are also addicted to Fancy Feast. One will only eat their Fish and Shrimp Feast, which I swear you could serve on cracker to your grandma, it's that special!

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

It´s the sugar that is missing. Purina etc, all the same crap from the same facility and the same ingrediens...and sugar. If they get it for some time, they get addicted to it. Also, a cat would never get beef or other big game animals. Get some chicken hearts for them, they´ll love it and it´s healthy. Give them raw, not cooked. They eat raw food in nature, cat´s don´t know how to make fire and cook.
edit on 11-10-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Not to be the shill, but I buy my cat's food online from "Chewy", 4 months supply at a time, free delivery, no sales tax and better baseline prices than the cheapest grocery stores around, even cheaper than WalMart!

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Anyone making homemade cat food when they would definitely eat you if their size was at all proportional - you might be infected with toxo... Seek medical attention.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Again, even the premium food like royal canine (which I also fed for some time to my dogs) is coming out of the same facilities like purina and the cheapest ones. Mostly same ingredients but the meat has slightly different quality. You´re not even allowed to have a mobile phone while on site. I could tell you stuff...

Feed natural food, it isn´t more expensive, just a little bit more work for preparation and blood. My dog detoxed one year and now he does not even look at dry food.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Put it into something they are not supposed to get into. Our kittens love getting into my lunch box and pulling out everything and eating any leftovers.

They have pulled out my plastic silverware, they think it is a game or something.

Put the food into something like that and they will get into it and eat it. sneaky bastards... try taking noodle salad to work only to find your bag of plastic silverware is gone

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I've seen my cats eat the heads of lizards, rats and mice and bugs, so I'm not really squeamish about ingredients like I would be for my own food.

I've tried making pots full of chicken, peas and brown rice, just for them, and they won't touch it. Broiled fish, canned fish, they're not interested on the regular. They want their Fancy Feast canned food and their IAMS and Purina One dried food. They like it, and they're healthy and happy. What are you gonna do?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Low sodium chicken gravy......mix it about half & half with warm water, pour on cats dry food.....yummy yummy. I am owned by 9 of the weirdest felines known to man. One weighs in at about 28 lbs....want touch human food, go figure ! One will drag you to the fridge for Carl Buddig lunch meat, the really paper thin kind, cat would eat the whole pack if I let him.
One of them will eat a squirrel about once a month...happens to be the same one that strong arm robs me for lunch meat.

I fear the day I go down around these 9 feline apex predators.....I too will become kibble.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Use liquid beef broth in the box. The sodium content is pretty minimal...and alot tastier. Raw liver is a favorite (chicken or beef) and the (yick) blood can be mixed in with their food for a little extra vitamins and minerals...or just poured into a dish/bowl. It's pretty nasty any way you look at it, but they love it!

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You killed your neighbour's and fed them to your cat,?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Our cat eats mostly cat biscuits but only a few a a time, if you put too many in the bowl he won't eat them all and the demands fresh ones when he wants more.
So most of the time we put the old ones back into the container and mix them, but sometimes I pick up the uneaten ones in my hand and put my hand in the container and shake it while still holding the biscuits and then I put them back in the bowl and he thinks they are fresh and gobbles them up.

He also like to eat mango juice iceblocks and mung beans iceblocks.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Just cook meat for them or fish cats don't need soup or some fancy seasoning they need solid meat.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster
You killed your neighbour's and fed them to your cat,?

No comment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join