It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ear plugs, the new tin foil hat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Over the past year or so I've had some difficulty with my sleep patterns. Being a member of ATS, I've read a number of threads about sonic weapons. Being an audio electronics technician i can believe some of the conspiracy theories I've read. As well i know a lot of people who have had trouble sleeping, and feeling like a zombie after periods of time without good sleep.

As I've said over the past year or so, I've had strange sleep patterns where I haven't been getting good restorative sleep, so last night I tried a few things to test possible theories I've seen people mention in other threads. Last night I turned the power of on my smartphone turned off every electrical device in my house, the only thing left was the little buzzing noise that the refrigerator makes every once in a while. Then i put ear plugs in before I went to sleep. The result was that I got an amazing night of restorative sleep.

So, I'm putting this out there for others in the ATS community to try as a sort of experiment. Now over the last year or so, I've tried a number of different things to try finding an environmental cause of this, I've thought about the high current power lines that run one block away from my house, I've considered all possible devices that are running in the house like the buzzing noise that our computers make when the hard drive is operating, the electric fan that I had running in my bedroom, because I don't like stagnant air, the air conditioner and furnace.

Now being an audio electronics technician I'm very aware of the possibilities of how sound can affect us, I've even considered the conspiracy theories that I've read around here and other places that they are using cell phones and other electronic equipment to affect entire populations. So last night like I said I tried turning off all electronics and using ear plugs while I slept, and it had a positive affect on my sleep.

So for the other people around here who have had difficulty in their sleep patterns, I'm suggesting that you try what I tried and then report back in this thread with the results. Turn off every possible electronics device especially your smartphone and get some drugstore earplugs, they are only a couple of bucks, put the earplugs in while you are sleeping and see if it improves the quality of your sleep. I myself am going to continue to do this and I will report back in this thread regularly.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I also have trouble getting quality sleep. I will try this, Thank you!

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Are you a light sleeper? Maybe it's a particular noise that keeps you from a good night's sleep. You know, like the whining of a mosquito is irritating, other sounds can be too. Like my aquarium when it gets a bit low. It's no longer the soothing burble of running water it's splash, blub, plurp, till I put a bit back in. You could try turning off each one in turn, to see which is the culprit.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DonVoigt

Interesting idea. For me though, having earplugs is awkward - I hate that feeling. And falling asleep with them in would be strange and make me feel like I have a head cold.

@David64 - I like background noise like that -- running water, rain, etc. That always helps me sleep.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

No typically I'm a very heavy sleeper

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

I was to tired to care, with the ear plugs in I went right to sleep

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Now slowly put things back on to see what is the cause I guess. Maybe it is a multitude of things, maybe it's just the earplugs.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
So no actual sonic weapons are being used to turn the population into zombies, just high-pitch buzzing sounds coming from electronics.

The problem I see with your experiment is that you did two new things at once: you turned off all electrical devices in the house and used earplugs. Now you don't know which change made you have a good nights sleep. Try doing only one thing next time and see how well you sleep.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

I'll consider doing that after I get a few nights of good sleep. Lol

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueShaman

I am going to try different things, but the thread would not become very successful without the interesting title, or adding typical ATS type conspiracy possibilities.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Is it possible that you're having trouble sleeping because you may be thinking constantly about many different "theories" causing your mind and subconscious mind to be constantly alert hence causing you to be having sleep troubles [mixed in with medication or a lack thereof medication (Rx or Natural)]?

Edit:

You can add in or remove the medication part, it is either option.

edit on 11-10-2016 by MuonToGluon because: Clarification

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
If i turned off everything in my house and slept with ear plugs in i would be late to work by maybe ehh we'll say 6 hours?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: MuonToGluon

I'm a very anti pharmaceutical individual so no, but I have considered stress a possibility considering that over the past 2 years I've been working very hard to reach certain life goals and I'm a mere 2 or 3 months away from reaching those goals.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zerodoublehero
If i turned off everything in my house and slept with ear plugs in i would be late to work by maybe ehh we'll say 6 hours?

Yeah, and not to mention when you wear them for an extended period of time they start to hurt your ears really bad, bruising, little scabs, rawness, ear infections etc.

Those things will start happening 2 days in, maybe 3 days if you can get a decent pair, but it'll happen.

Plus they wont stop ultra sonic sound waves and the like so it really becomes a moot point for the OPs theory.

I know personally as I wear them because my partner snores...bad, real bad.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Zerodoublehero

So what your saying is that you could really use some good sleep. Lol

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

So what your saying is that certain sounds do affect your sleep.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Remember folks this is ATS, it is a conspiracy website, so any theory is a welcomed theory.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DonVoigt

I'm a very anti pharmaceutical individual so no, but I have considered stress a possibility considering that over the past 2 years I've been working very hard to reach certain life goals and I'm a mere 2 or 3 months away from reaching those goals.

No problem, that's why I said natural or Rx, because even natural can effect you in the same ways as an Rx as most stimulate the same receptors as an Rx and a lot are based on the chemical building blocks as an Rx.

Please note that at times I may sounds condescending or sarcastic, I'm not meaning to be so, a lot of what I write is based on my education and training and personal experience.

I really do hope for you one day to get a full nights rest, it took me a long time from childhood to adulthood to achieve a good night or twos rest a month, I do sympathize with you.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Well I appreciate all opinions, so contribute what you will. I have a strange sense of humor so please excuse possible responses.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Ear plugs will filter out sounds in the "normal" audio spectrum, so if you're easily woken up by the slightest sound, this might help.
It will not help for ultralow frequencies that are not heard by your ear but rather with your whole body (often without you knowing it). You will not hear these sounds, but they could have an effect on you because in your sleep your body still is able to listen (that's why we invented smoke detectors, because your "nose" isn't working when you sleep).
Maybe some people are more sensitive to these low frequencies because they might trigger the brain to stay alert or to wake up because the body heard something? ...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join