It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump v Clinton: Comparing their economic plans

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Mr Trump is focusing on cutting taxes, eliminating regulation and ending trade deals.

Mrs Clinton, on the other hand, wants to raise taxes on the wealthy, increase spending on job training and lower taxes on companies that hire more Americans.

Here are some of the ways they differ.

www.bbc.com...

I know this is a different kind of thread for Clinton vs Trump. No talk of anatomies, no innuendo's on pay-for-play.

Just a simple thread on comparing the two tax plans.

For me, it comes down to this.

I will be able to keep more of MY money under Trump than I would under Clinton. Clinton wants to grow an already inflated government that has an established history of fraud, waste, and abuse.

All other considerations aside, I want to keep what I earn.

Take a look at the article, brought to you by BBC, so there is no bias (as far as I can tell) and make up your own mind.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
For me, it comes down to this.

I will be able to keep more of MY money under Trump than I would under Clinton. Clinton wants to grow an already inflated government that has an established history of fraud, waste, and abuse.

All other considerations aside, I want to keep what I earn.

I don't think this is true though. Lets ignore the fact that Trump is proposing MASSIVE spending increases (nearly tied with what Sanders proposed) while also claiming to cut taxes. Lets grant him the benefit of the doubt and say he does cut taxes. Trump would only be able to influence federal spending.

If the feds aren't paying for something, the program isn't just going to go away, the tab will start being picked up by the states. That means, if Trump cuts federal spending your state taxes are going to increase.

This can be taken a step further too, lets say that even the states don't pick something up... that means the private sector will, where yet again you will be compelled to buy something.

In the end, whether it goes to the feds, the state, or a private business that money is leaving your pocket.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I disagree.

I don't believe that federal spending HAS to increase. If more people are working and are less reliant on government for support, then the justification for an increase in taxes is reduced.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
It's not just the wealthy she is gunning for either, also the upper middle. Complete nonsense. The upper middle are the people that actually bounce money around in the economy, not the wealthy. So all those home projects, dining out, buying things I do not need but want forget that under Hillary. That means less jobs for those who need them the most. She is clueless on what drives an economy. She has no background in finance. Those extra taxes I would pay would go into the bottomless pit of the Federal Government which is exactly where it is goes now. I know she is likely going to win that is why my wife is exiting the workforce. No effin way are we paying it. We will drop ourselves out of upper middle and get on with shrinking the economy even more.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I disagree.

I don't believe that federal spending HAS to increase. If more people are working and are less reliant on government for support, then the justification for an increase in taxes is reduced.

I think you missed my point. It was that spending will not decrease. If you reduce spending from the feds, the states or private business will pick it up. You can't just stop funding road maintenance for example. That money will come from somewhere whether it's private companies opening up toll roads, states, cities, or the feds.

Shifting some numbers around on a paycheck doesn't mean you're keeping more of your money. This has been a popular political tool for years now actually. They cut income taxes, but then increase sales tax. The illusion is that you keep more, but the reality is that you're still being taxed just as much.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Hillary claims she won't overburden the Middle Class.

Yet Trumps plan for the Middle Class looks much better.

Better for the Lower Class as well.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Agreed. And we don't have anyone, and I mean ANYONE wanting to reduce spending or cut fraud, waste.

My goto write in has always been, Yosakka Bigpeen. A fine Japanese fellow.

I just don't want to shrug my shoulders and be a defeatist and say, "Oh well, they'll take it regardless".

Republicans, democrats. . . all of them would raise taxes if given the chance.

Here is an opportunity to actually keep more of what I earn, and I will take that opportunity to do so.

I also want to point out that voting in local government that does spend responsibly is possible. Probable? Don't know. But it is possible.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Agreed!

Hunkering down for you for catching hell fire for those who don't pay squat but sit back collecting OR those whose Marxist ideologies and egos you just offended by speaking your mind!

Go on with your BAD SELF!

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

:p

Thanks!

It's why I put it here. We can disagree and still remain civil.

I just want to keep what I earn. Why is that so bad?

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I live in California.

To drill a simple hole in wall you need a Contractor's license.

The system is rigged with overwhelming regulations.

If you are not in business now...Forget it.

Then even if you jumped through all their hoops.

The bloated taxes will wipe you out.

Young people have zero chance succeeding in this system.

Scrap the outdated system. It's what's killing ambition.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Regulation is good if it prevents unsafe conditions, illegal charges, etc.

But government tends to justify over-regulation using the same defense.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Yosakka Bigpeen. A fine Japanese fellow.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Thanks!

Keeping what you earn is the goal of every person, but some of us are willing to pay for the things we enjoy everyday, but the short-sighted seem to forget about.

We have to pay for roads, the military, law enforcement, etc...etc.

That sort of ideology of "keep what I kill" fits a 3rd world mindset, but you have to pay to live in a civilized world.

I don't mind paying for that. In fact, I don't mind paying my share and a bit more. And I do.

You're welcome.
edit on 10-10-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Thanks!

Not so bad at all!

We have a corrupt government PERIOD! Who in their right mind would willingly hand over money to an entity that wasted it?

I meant that as non partisan BTW! They are ALL dirty without any moral ground to stand on with their pretentious preaching to us serfs.....

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

You mean if you're going to be paid by someone to do so?
You mean that just randomly drilling a hole in a wall is a good idea?

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
I live in California.

Isn't California where the illegals took all the construction jobs? Are you saying illegals can pass the licensing exams but citizens who can speak the language can't?

Also, don't you think it's a good idea that contractors be licensed? I know that if I enter a building, I would prefer it be built to safety standards rather than to an arbitrary level of quality set by the company owner.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
I live in California.

The system is rigged with overwhelming regulations.

If you are not in business now...Forget it.

Then even if you jumped through all their hoops.

The bloated taxes will wipe you out.

Young people have zero chance succeeding in this system.

Scrap the outdated system. It's what's killing ambition.

I hear ya!

Lemonade stands are the worst!

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I will be able to keep more of MY money under Trump than I would under Clinton.

I don't base my vote on what will be best for me, I base my vote based on what will be best for everyone and for the country in general.

But that's just me.
edit on 10-10-2016 by kruphix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

I don't base my vote on what will be best for me, I base my vote based on what will be best for everyone and for the country in general.

But that's just me.

Yes, that is the problem.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Everyone has their own metric for voting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join