It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Did Sheikh Yamani Forecast Plummeting Demand for Oil?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I see that Wikileaks have just released various Podesta emails and specifically this one Edgar Mitchell email to Podesta

NASA astronaut Edgar Mitchell email to Podesta in August 2015 states:

Because the War in Space race is heating up, I felt you should be aware of several factors as you and I schedule our Skype talk. Remember, our nonviolent ETI from the contiguous universe are helping us bring zero point energy to Earth. They will not tolerate any forms of military violence on Earth or in space.

I find this fascinating since I'm convinced we've been lied to about ET's visiting earth. I had my own UFO sighting years ago, so I know we're not being told the truth. Setting this aside, I would like to highlight the reference to zero point energy. This refers to a means of tapping into the latent energy source of the universe as a means of harnessing free and limitless energy. It has been theorized about for a long time but of course never conclusively proven.

However, the email reminds me of statements made in an interview in 2000 by the previous head of OPEC, Sheikh Yamani. I watched him being interviewed on TV at the time and always remember what he said, which was truly incredible. He was a long serving Saudi politician and apparently a member of OPEC for 25 years, so he certainly should have been an expert in oil. He sensationally claimed that there would be a drastic reduction in the demand for oil within 5 to 10 years due to new technology. Of course, this did not happen.

I just Googled this interview and found this article from the UK Daily Telegraph Sheikh Yamani predicts price crash as age of oil ends:

SHEIKH YAMANI, the former Saudi oil minister, has told The Telegraph that he expects a cataclysmic crash in the price of oil in the next five years. In an unprecedented personal interview, Sheikh Yamani also predicts that, within a few decades, vast reserves of oil will lie unwanted and the "oil age" will come to an end.

In an interview with Gyles Brandreth, he says: "Thirty years from now there will be a huge amount of oil - and no buyers. Oil will be left in the ground. The Stone Age came to an end, not because we had a lack of stones, and the oil age will come to an end not because we have a lack of oil."

Sheikh Yamani, who was Saudi Arabia's oil minister from 1962 to 1986 and is now in charge of an energy consultancy, became the public face of the revolutionary oil policy that altered the balance of world power in the early Seventies. He predicts that a combination of recent oil discoveries, the advance of new technology, and heavy investment in exploration and production will all lead to a collapse in the price of crude. He says: "I have no illusion - I am positive there will be some time in the future a crash in the price of oil. I can tell you with a degree of confidence that after five years there will be a sharp drop in the price of oil."

The question that springs to my mind is, what did he know that the rest of us don't? Remember, he didn't just forecast a reduction in oil demand, but that within thirty years that there would be NO demand. That was 16 years ago, yet even today, we can't imagine renewable energy and fuel cell technology decimating demand for oil.
edit on 561010083America/Chicago by Smidge because: (no reason given)

edit on 201013083America/Chicago by Smidge because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Zero point? Really? Someone takes Stargate SG1 to serious....

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The article is 16 years old. The war on terror started shortly after. Too bad the ETs don't enforce in the no warring. Maybe it's up to Earth to stop so we are just depriving our self.

Silly Human Race

"Death defying, mutilated armies scatter the earth,
Crawling out of dirty holes, their morals, their morals disappear.
Yesterday a morning came, a smile upon your face.
Caesar's palace, morning glory, silly human, silly human race,"

- Yours Is No Disgrace - Yes
edit on 10/8/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Exactly.. But the ETs did enforce it.

If there was 'no war' We would have the FREE energy.

With war, We get to keep using gas and oil and "They" continue to get rich and We pay for it. Don't forget the opium too, but the income from that gets to pay for the real secret squirrel stuff.

We are depriving ourselves. When We couldn't hold up our end of the bargain, the ETs split with the schematics.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I would imagine free energy would power some major weapons. Could be the reason there is research into electric powered weapon systems.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

That could very well be true but how often have You read/heard "We are on fighting these wars for their oil..."?

Maybe if We had the FREE energy We wouldn't have to meddle in the Middle East? Heck, maybe We wouldn't have to keep our 51st State, Israel in furs and diamonds?

Why did We invade Afghanistan again? Were We pissed because We trained and armed them to fight the Soviets in the late 70s and NEEDED a new enemy to fight? Or was it to establish an opium production area?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
FYI, first link was broken by ATS, it looks like. Shame, I wanted to read that email...

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Misdirection is a common tactic. The powers don't usually say it an oil war, people just assume it. But, the energy companies would milk the oil market for as long as possible.

Maybe there is something about the mideast location in all of this craziness., although I don't believe in the stargate there, etc. Still probably about maximizing profits for now.
edit on 10/8/2016 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

For the domain name, use the domain name of the Assange organization...

There is also a docx attachment

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Are You referring to the alleged Stargate in Iraq? I read a few articles on that was one of the MAJOR reasons to get in there to retrieve it. If someone is messing with the contraption it "could" be catastrophic, an actual weapon of mass destruction but to confirm its existence would also 'open the door' (pun intended) to a myriad of questions, prodding, etc. etc. This was W's WMD claim.
It took close to 12 years to dis-assemble, transport to the US, and re-assemble.

Evidently our 51st state, Israel, is pushing to get even more land over there that is oil rich, maybe that will release some pressure...

Lets agree not to discuss the fact that there is MORE OIL right here in the US and that would provide jobs and more $$ here, made here and spent here so the US Department of Defense could quit doing the Department of Offense's job and quit offending people and countries throughout the world. In essence, You fiddle with the Hive; You do battle with any Bee's that might get pissed...

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Smidge

If we were ever to develop Zero point energy into a working technology it would make antimatter look like TNT.

With that kind of access to such a vast reservoir of energy potential we could theoretically destroy star systems.

Zero point energy is not something humanity is ready to experience or probobly ever will be ready to experience or wield.

Which begs the question why would this alleged nonviolent ETI from a contiguous universe ever wish humanity to posses such a thing?

Keeping in mind we don't play well with other or even ourselves.
edit on 9-10-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Smidge
The question that springs to my mind is, what did he know that the rest of us don't?
Maybe nothing, maybe he was just speculating.

Cold fusion didn't pan out, but there are some interesting claims for hot fusion lately, though even if they pan out I don't see how even successful hot fusion tech could replace oil in that time frame, but they could drastically reduce dependence on oil.

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Smidge

If we were ever to develop Zero point energy into a working technology it would make antimatter look like TNT.
So how much energy exactly can you get out of a system that's already at its lowest energy state (which is what zero-point means). Here's a hint:

Q & A: zero-point energy?

No valid theory predicts any way to extract such energy, which would require leaving things in a state with less energy than the state with least energy, by definition of 'zero-point.'
Bernard Haisch, according to him, is the only one talking about extracting energy from nothing who doesn't sound like a nutjob and he's probably right about that. He's got a patent for getting energy from nothing but I doubt it will work, but he's welcome to build it and prove me wrong, as long as I don't have to be one of the investors.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I did not say there was a valid way to tap the Zero point energy field. But if there was a way to somehow harness and accumulate then focus the energy you could do a whole lot of damage i imagine.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Look into quantum field theory.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
just a sidenote, those emails came from www.terrimansfield.com... - Podesta didn't reply to them. it's just yet another bunch of lady-crackpots, hoping that some billionaires will buy their new age crap.

as for Sheikh's claim - well, he was wrong, wasn't he? what was really in iraq though, that's another story and i doubt we're even close to the bottom of it yet.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
While quantum field theory predicts a lot of energy in the vacuum, we have measured that energy and it looks like it's a flawed prediction because there's not much there according to measurements. Even if you could extract energy from the vacuum which you probably can't, you would need a whole lot of vacuum to get enough energy to heat a cup of coffee and even more just to power one average home:

The mathematics of hypothetical extraction of energy from the vacuum

you'd need to extract 100% of the vacuum energy from about 57.4 trillion olympic pool volumes per day to power the average home.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

The war on terror started shortly after.

RG, you answered you own question.
Add that to Edgar's statement.
We are a very arrogant, greedy and asinine species.

Buck

top topics

join