It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago police announce new limits on use of force

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

If there is no imminent threat then no, cops should not just shoot. Which shooting are you referring to where the perp posed no threat, but was shot regardless? I can think of 1 or 2. And the Officers are in trouble for it.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MagicCow

Why, to prove a point?

Let us kill whenever we want, or you get no help? Seems legit!

WHAT THE HELL MAN REALLY?

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

That's exactly how the police operate.
That is why they are constantly threatening to pull their protection from venues
when certain "Acts" come in.
Officers like complete control and exercise it through the abuse of their power.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
They should re-write them to something like this

Is the suspect black? If so, RUN! Anything more than that will spark protests and/or riots. Just the face that you are harassing an innocent unarmed man that is waiving a gun around after he just killed someone - may be enough to spark a riot. If the suspect is white, use common sense.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
January 12, 2017

A year-long investigation into the Chicago Police Department is about to be released. Here's a summary of what the Chicago Tribune has learned about the report's contents...

""Sources have told the Tribune that the federal investigation — launched more than a year ago in the fallout over the shooting of black teenager Laquan McDonald — has found that Chicago police have systematically violated the civil rights of citizens through unconstitutional arrests and excessive force.

The report faulted officers for unnecessarily escalating situations, leading to violent confrontations that put officers and citizens in danger, according to a source with knowledge of the report. The department also fails to "fully document and meaningfully review officers' use of force" — criticism of the lack of accountability for officer misconduct, the source said.""

Full Story: www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I wonder what the end result of that will be ?

I could guess, but I won't

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: carewemust

I wonder what the end result of that will be ?

I could guess, but I won't

See the title of this thread. Probably a Wash-Rinse-Repeat.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join