It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security cam at house in U.K. catches orb meandering through neighborhood

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
A family on vacation in Greece was looking back on security cam video which they had installed on their house in the U.K.,in hopes of catching a burglar, but the cam seems to capture something else. Some type of glowing orb that is meandering through the neighborhood, which changes direction. Watch the area to the center left of the video, at about the 35 second mark in the link

They first thought about it being a meteor.

The light has a tail following it, so I thought it could be a meteor. But a meteor doesn’t turn around in the sky and set off in the other direction. It was going at some speed.”

They also thought about a drone.

“We also thought it could be a drone. But we have a drone and they usually have a flashing light. It also seems to move too fast to be a drone."

And then they talked about other possibilities:

And what of the more outlandish explanations – alien visitors or even a secret military aircraft? “I have an open mind about that sort of thing. There’s possibly something out there. Maybe there are things we don’t know about or that the Government keeps secret. “I just want an explanation. There's probably a reasonable one. But if there isn't, maybe we’re being watched!”

edit on 06pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

edit on 06pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Its interesting.

but with todays technology its nothing special, a video for me will never prove that ET has paid us a visit.

I honestly think it would take seeing them on the 6 o'clock news having a pint with Obama

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

At that distance, if that is a drone, that is the brightest light I've ever seen on one, plus it does look like it has a tail of some sort.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The video cant play for me..
it wants me to turn off my privacy protection apps to do so

link   

link   

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Agreed, but than I would say that's fake. Much easier than throwing parties everywhere, with meet and greet with as many as possible. Would be much better, right? A little room for a talk. Thousands of witnesses. Than bamm: many of you already have met the "alien", of that association. A group. An alien. Club. Kind of. They're supposed to agree, but they don't. Not all of them.
Imagine. Meet an actual alien, human it seems, but a stranger. Time travelers. Let's rock and roll? What was it that was about once? Blow my mind, a whole century of it.
What if Americans discovered it first? It looks like it could work, I guess, in the short term future. China, hm. I don't know enough about them, I would say. Someone else I'd want to know? No.
Understandable. But what if it seems as if that's the road to destruction? In a further away future perspective.
Our future fights a war with a different future and possibly that amount of x we set up with that, the explosion made far away civilisations notice we are there and they want us to think we're under arrest. A "so they say" situation.
Have you already met an alien, what do you think?

edit on 6-10-2016 by Peeple because: Spell

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

“We also thought it could be a drone. But we have a drone and they usually have a flashing light. It also seems to move too fast to be a drone."

I think it's a drone , the brightness of the white light will drown out any other lights on it.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran
At that distance, if that is a drone, that is the brightest light I've ever seen on one, plus it does look like it has a tail of some sort.

Security cameras are usually very sensitive to light, so they can be used in low light conditions, that results in lights appearing brighter and (probably) in the "tail".

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
A few minutes ago, dogs barking next door alerted me to what appeared to be "lights moving around in the sky".
On closer inspection, they turned out to be the ends of searchlight beams, being reflected off the clouds.
The shafts of light are coming from the other side of town, so I still haven't worked out what they are for, but the reflected patches of light were changing direction fast enough to create a startling impression. So there's another possibility.

edit on 6-10-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Usually a flashing light: not true.
Too fast: not true.

edit on 10/6/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
I had the same problem so I looked for the video on youtube which I can play without any problems. I guess this is the one, looks like it could be a drone:

The original video..UFO Bolton, UK15/8/16 keep watching as the light appears at 23:19 and 53secs

About the so-called "tail", just because you see something like that on the video doesn't mean it's not a drone, because the tail could easily be a video artifact (persistence).

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Usually a flashing light: not true.
Too fast: not true.

Going by the clock counter, the UFO video appears to be sped up about 15-25 percent, which would make it seem like the object is flying faster than it is.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Wonder if it could be an example of ball lightning. I've heard of it doing weird stuff like making abrupt turns like what is seen in this video.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift
Did you watch the video I posted. Time lapsed or not, those things are quick.

There is nothing in the video which doesn't say "quad." Except perhaps the trail, which is easily a video artifact.

edit on 10/6/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: Tekaran

Security cameras are usually very sensitive to light, so they can be used in low light conditions, that results in lights appearing brighter and (probably) in the "tail".

Yup, and also just a sliver of light can appear to be round for the same reason.
edit on 6-10-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Did you watch the video I posted. Time lapsed or not, those things are quick.

They can be, sure. But the original video is sped up so that particular UFO is actually not flying as fast as it appears. Also, do you think somebody would fly a drone faster for fun at night, or in the daylight?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Faster than what? But yes.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I think it's a drone , the brightness of the white light will drown out any other lights on it.

Nowadays, "drone" is a catch-all assumption. There is no optical information to call it anything but a meandering definition-less light. It's probably turned into an "orb" 'cause the camera's sensor is overloaded by the brightness of the central light which also looks like a giant fuzzy "orb". No detail to make any assured pronouncements.

At 27 seconds a white "orb" appears in the center of the screen behind the gable of a house. It gently rises and drifts to the left and shortly disappears behind the roof of the nearby house. The "orb" appears again at 34 slightly lower on the left side of the bright light, drifts a short distance, "goes out" 'cause it's behind tall shrubbery, curves towards the camera and moves right rising gently and then descends before it's seen about to rise out of the frame.

It's a good catch, video-wise, but of what?

edit on 6-10-2016 by klassless because: To add text.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Faster than what? But yes.

Faster at night than during the day. I'd be afraid of hitting a tree or a power line at night, but it sure would look impressive. And I would certainly add more LEDs to really jazz it up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join