It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clown sightings sweeping across the nation [Canada]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I remember about a month or two ago there was a topic posted here stating that there were "clown sightings that were attempting to lure children into the woods"

It sounded (and still sounds) ridiculous. However, apparently it's not only still occurring, but there seems to be even more cases; one just occurred in my home town where the school needed to be shut down (and the person was arrested).

In fact, just as I was about to post this there is yet another case that was just posted (unrelated) about two teens in clown masks that were arrested in another area.

A terror is sweeping North America. Reports of demonic clowns trying to lure children into the woods have spiked dramatically, to dozens in the past few days from a normal baseline of zero.

Clowns with knives have accosted strangers on lonely roads, and stared menacingly at people on city streets, far from any circus. From Cape Breton to Florida, Utah to Ontario, they appear to be rising in unison, like zombies in floppy shoes.

Of course, the reports are false, exaggerated, impossible to track down, or they have turned out to be terrifying pranks. As police in Brockville, Ont., announced this week, reports of “killer clowns” in the area are “unfounded.”

Link

Now, when his started (or at least the first post that I read about it a month or two ago) it was actually speculated to be a paranormal thing, which I found to be pretty preposterous. Nevertheless, the airings seem to be growing and becoming wider spread.

It Just surprised me to see an article in the newspaper today regarding something like this that I first saw on ATS

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This is just the latest craze it seems.. Been sightings around the world.. My guess. Just some kids or weird men trying to pull a prank

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Could it be? Is it happening? Cool?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It's "Killer Klowns from Outer Space"

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Kill it with fire!

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

I knew I read about something similar in the UK.

Here:
"Creepy Clown Attacks"

Schoolchildren in Newcastle have been left "incredibly distressed" by pranksters dressed as clowns, with a recent spate of creepy attacks in the US now allegedly inspiring British imitators.

It must be the new trend. I don't mind sky farts or slenderman, heck I can even tolerate a lot of the Mandela effect stuff. Cultural trends such as "happy slapping" and other methods of intimidating the public isn't really cool is it?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Whats happy slapping?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: PeachesNCream

Well for a start nothing about it is happy.

It's when someone records another person slapping or hitting an innocent bystander, I can imagine plenty of videos are still on youtube.

It's basically recording random acts of violence on strangers, yes. Some people are actually thick enough to record themselves assaulting another person.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Well that doesn't sound happy at all.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Killer Klowns from Outer Space

That doesn't explain it at all, if they were killer clowns for outer space the guberment would be tring to back engineer the clown technology down at Area 51, not plastering it all over the mainstream news

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Prankster

Aahh, but maybe the idea is to ridicule the idea of Killler Klowns from Outer Space, by plastering it like UFOes, or whatever their name is these days, in movies from Hollywood, or another media, THEN back engineer knowing everyone thinks its nothing real or important...

That being said, there are weird trends out there... Let's hope no kids fall for one of those clowns.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
I remember about a month or two ago there was a topic posted here stating that there were "clown sightings that were attempting to lure children into the woods"

It sounded (and still sounds) ridiculous. However, apparently it's not only still occurring, but there seems to be even more cases; one just occurred in my home town where the school needed to be shut down (and the person was arrested).

In fact, just as I was about to post this there is yet another case that was just posted (unrelated) about two teens in clown masks that were arrested in another area.

A terror is sweeping North America. Reports of demonic clowns trying to lure children into the woods have spiked dramatically, to dozens in the past few days from a normal baseline of zero.

Clowns with knives have accosted strangers on lonely roads, and stared menacingly at people on city streets, far from any circus. From Cape Breton to Florida, Utah to Ontario, they appear to be rising in unison, like zombies in floppy shoes.

Of course, the reports are false, exaggerated, impossible to track down, or they have turned out to be terrifying pranks. As police in Brockville, Ont., announced this week, reports of “killer clowns” in the area are “unfounded.”

Link

Now, when his started (or at least the first post that I read about it a month or two ago) it was actually speculated to be a paranormal thing, which I found to be pretty preposterous. Nevertheless, the airings seem to be growing and becoming wider spread.

It Just surprised me to see an article in the newspaper today regarding something like this that I first saw on ATS

No surprise this thing has spawned copycats. I remember reading about this in the U.K. awhile back and honestly I've joked with my friend that it'd be funny to do, granted I never planned on having a machete. I just thought it'd be funny to give some people a story to tell the next day at work that they just saw a creepy clown standing at a dimly lit intersection late at night.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
This is starting to happen in Australia as well apparently.

I'm struggling to see why so many are scared, apart from kids, obviously.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of these clowns, figuratively and literally speaking, gets the crap kicked out of them...

edit on 7/10/16 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The high school I used to go to went on lockdown this week because of this. Somebody created a social media account (don't recall which one) and picked a username that was something to do with clowns and made threats towards the school and staff.

edmontonjournal.com...

www.cbc.ca...

At least no violent acts were carried out in this case, but it's still not cool at all.

top topics

join