It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Track hurricane Mathew

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Hi don't know if this is the right place for this but I wanted to share this link with anyone living in central Florida, or who may have family there. This link allow you to track the storms direction and severity. there are also a number of useful(IMO) apps that you can download to your phone for free. Hope this helps someone out there.

storm tracker
news channel
edit on 10/5/2016 by brutus61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

There is an ongoing thread, but it was a tropical storm then ATS

Now it has made landfall ans is a Hurricaine, I imagine this should be a new thread.

It made landfall in Cuba, last I read.
edit on 5-10-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

There are tropical storm watches in 8 or 9 Fl counties.

Orlando Sentinel List of Watches

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

My daughter and grandchildren live in central Florida so for me this is a way to keep on top of things.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

It seems to be east coast FL watches for now.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I hope people haven't gotten complacent. They've had an incredible run of peaceful weather down there.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Keeping fingers X for fam in Jamaica as well.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
A state of emergency was declared by our governor Nikki Haley yesterday:

Schools are closed here until after Friday so they can be used as shelters.

My oldest children and grandchildren live on the east coast of Florida, and have already started planning to possibly come up here where I live in SC to shelter if evacs are ordered along the Florida coast.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I hope people haven't gotten complacent. They've had an incredible run of peaceful weather down there.

You're right. I saw one track that had it hitting more west this week, towards LA. I think was the Weather Channel. Even if landing on the East coast of Fl, it could be really harsh.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Keeping fingers X for fam in Jamaica as well.

I keep my thoughts out for the Caribbean for different reason. They have had some storms come through in recent years, so they're not strangers to it. Most of them will talk it seriously. Their problem is the lack of infrastructure built to take it in some places. It can be very hard for them to recover.

My heart bleeds for Haiti. They're going to have a real disaster.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

If the schools were closed, I'd be planning to take that trip just to avoid the worst evac traffic unless there was good reason not to.

My folks still remember taking a vacation across the Gulf Coast and getting stuck in hurricane evacuation traffic before I was born. It's one thing they always underscore, and we don't live anywhere near the coast -- DON'T get stuck in evacuation traffic!

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Tomorrow will make 4000 days since the last hurricane made s US landfall.
October 25th 2005 was hurricane wilma.

I think the gulf Coast has had it pretty easy for a while so I hope they are ready.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I'm in the lower Florida keys ...last night around 11 pm , it was dead hot air....this morning around 5 am breezy and a cool wind from the North. The cool wind was oddly cooler then normal. I'm assuming ( I'm not a meteorologist ) that the rotation spin from the storm was grabbing northern air and pulling it down ? ....currently 9 am and the sun is shining , small breeze and 83 degree . A few clouds ..mostly to the east and south .

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Each update gets worse for us.

I'm in SWFL, and everyone I've talked to has the "Oh Well, another Hurricane" attitude, and could give 2 f's.

This storm is going to wreak some havok on our coast, and now some models have it circling back and hitting the East coast head on.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Our entire state is under a hurricane warning for the last 4 days. First time ever. Cat 4-5's are very unpredictable and the models can be misleading. This is how Katrina tore up Miss, its also how Andrew devastated S Fl with its left turn, that will be something to watch with this one, but as long as that front keeps pushing across the midwest to the eastern seaboard it will hopefully keep is just offshore and turn it NE. Praying for some wind sheer today its a hurricanes nemesis.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Do you remember the year? '78 Fredrick? '95 Erin/Opal '04 Ivan. Don't get stuck in the panhandle for sure, our counties from Escambia all the way over to Holmes and further eastward have all failed to live up to their hurricane route construction, while all of LA aka lower Alabama have their roads 4 lanes from the Fl line north on the predetermined evacuation routes. Too much tourist board shenanigans with bed tax's and not enough honest concern for public safety in the Panhandle.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

Best side to be on is the Left side of any hurricane, the NE quadrant is the most vicious and hopefully stays offshore for the duration.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Haiti has been so ripped off by corruption and lying, stinking, scum that claim to be good Samaritans, that it makes me sick to my stomach.

Maybe since Hillary is determined enough to win the Presidency, she will push for all those organizations, that collected monies before, to use some of that money that was collected after the earthquake, to actually be used to rebuild Haiti.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Long as it doesnt creep further west my family should be fine, they have ridden out many hurricanes in 30+ years of living in Pasco County.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Maybe since Hillary is determined enough to win the Presidency, she will push for all those organizations, that collected monies before, to use some of that money that was collected after the earthquake, to actually be used to rebuild Haiti.

LOL surely you jest!!

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Oct 5th 1995 Opal makes landfall just east of Pensacola. 11 days without power and eating MRE's wasn't something i'd wish on anyone. She was another storm that just took off and turned off its model forecast path, we got lucky that it went from a strong Cat 3 down to a minimal Cat 2 by landfall. The eye passed over my town and it was a crazy ride, you haven't seen anything until you've seen it rain horizontal, or tree's bending over and touching the ground.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join