It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Track hurricane Mathew

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
US Evacuationes begin CNN

Forecasters predict it will be a Category 4 hurricane by the time it brushes up against the East Coast -- including Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina -- sometime between Thursday evening and Saturday.

In FL:

Meanwhile, a hurricane watch now extends from the Sebastian Inlet north up to the Volusia/Brevard county line, including Boca Raton, West Palm Beach, Fort Pierce, Vero Beach and Cape Canaveral.

NC Gov. Pat McCrory declared a state of emergency for more than half of the state's 100 counties

edit on 5-10-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
www.wunderground.com...

For those interested in the models and information. The newer model verification feature is interesting, Models can be very misleading and completely wrong especially for strong large storms. I spent a lot of time watching storms throughout the late 90's and 00's with the available information like GOES Sat's and these weather sites features on the internet. One of the neatest things is to animate a 30 frame water vapor GOES Sat image and also the infrared images, you can really see how the storms interact with the area. Now take the last 4000 days of no storms when they forecast X amount of storms each year as insight into how little they understand the big picture with these storms.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: ketsuko

My heart bleeds for Haiti. They're going to have a real disaster.

Haiti has been so ripped off by corruption and lying, stinking, scum that claim to be good Samaritans, that it makes me sick to my stomach.

Maybe since Hillary is determined enough to win the Presidency, she will push for all those organizations, that collected monies before, to use some of that money that was collected after the earthquake, to actually be used to rebuild Haiti.

Don't count on it. The Clinton Foundation was one of those crooks that stole Haitian relief funds.

I feel so bad for the Haitians. It's basically an entire country of shanty towns. Even tropical storms kill people there because hardly anything is built well. I can't imagine what a Category 4 hurricane did to them. The last death toll I heard was 7, but I expect that to grow by at least a couple orders of magnitude

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

The forecast is now showing cat 2 at day 5 from current position. As that front breaches the Midwest the wind sheer should start destroying the storm. As long as it continues 10 mph in a northern direction it will begin to interact with cooler upper atmosphere wind sheer on its west side. As were having some nice cool fall mornings in the panhandle now 55F-65F with highs in the upper 80's.
edit on 5-10-2016 by Floridagoat because: to add

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I'm in Okeechobee Fla. I'm as prepaid as I can get at this point. The problem with my area is the fact it is already very wet from the usual afternoon rains that come through. My yard is already very swampish. The drain ditches that run along the roads are also quite high. So flooding will be a big issue here if it is heavy rains.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

The latest projections for Hurricane Matthew have it Heading away from the East Coast near South Carolina .

" Hurricane Matthew is now forecast to stay well to the south of South Jersey, as a cold front that was initially supposed to lift Matthew up along the East Coast will now fail to do so. That means Matthew will be left behind to meander east of Florida and the Carolinas into early next week, perhaps even completing a long, large loop off the coast of the southeastern United States. "

www.pressofatlanticcity.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I'm glad they're predicting a more eastward curve before NC, but I still feel bad for those this storm is going to affect. I'm saying that but I still have no assurance that I will be spared the storm. There's still a chance, and it's not close enough to tell exactly what's going to happen yet. If it does come up through NC, west of Cape Hatteras into the sound and up over the Outer Banks (where I live), there will be a MASSIVE amount of storm surge, and will likely flood people's homes, businesses, and vehicles just like what happened 5 years ago with hurricane Irene. That was a terrible time.

edit on 5-10-2016 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Here are some traffic cameras for the Miami area.

www.fdotmiamidade.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Here I sit in Daytona, ready to ride it out. I was here for Charlie (what a mess). Got me supplies, back-up lighting, etc.

Hopefully the worst will stay offshore, like Floyd did (thankfully. That one would have ruined us). I guess we'll all see in a couple days. Stay safe, y'all!

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
My niece is freaking over this storm, she keeps checking the changing models and freaking a bit more...

The best advice I can give is prepare... if you live in a flood zone and there is a good chance you get hit get out ahead of the storm.

If you are not in a flood zone just relax... the models are just a best educated guess, and you can give yourself an ulcer if you sweat each hour it changes.

If your prepared and dont have serious flooding worries just wait and relax as best you can, cause if things go south you will need all the energy you can muster from a good nights sleep.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
A possible twist

Five out of six of these forecasts show Matthew barely missing landfall along the Southeast U.S. coast, and all of them show Matthew failing to recurve out to sea to the northeast. Disturbingly, two of the tracks show Matthew looping back to punish The Bahamas and crossing South Florida to enter the Gulf of Mexico.

Link

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Even if it never landfalls but just rides right off shore, that will still dump a lot of nasty weather all along the Florida coast.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Yikes that one ensemble shows it hitting my county in the panhandle. That front is about to push by the storm and then all bets are off especially if it becomes a cat 4 again. Late this evening the models should be telling a different tale as that front pushes by the storm.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman
I'm in Okeechobee Fla. I'm as prepaid as I can get at this point. The problem with my area is the fact it is already very wet from the usual afternoon rains that come through. My yard is already very swampish. The drain ditches that run along the roads are also quite high. So flooding will be a big issue here if it is heavy rains.

Do you think the dyke will hold if we get slammed? I am below you in Loxahatchee. If the dyke goes, I know I will be under water.

I am not worried though. It is in God's hands either way. I can only pray for the safety and the well being of all of those impacted by this storm.

I pray for your safety. Try to stay dry.

edit on 6-10-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The hurricane model makers need to seriously evaluate why their software was so absolutely wrong about the course this thing took. Not one of them really had it going inland like it did, and most though it was going to circle back around.
So much attention payed to this circling around nonsense, while it is now raining for a few days in the Northeast, and badly needed as well.

Nature destroyed it, and sent the remains to where it could actually do something good. Go figure.
edit on 9-10-2016 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Hope everyone was equipped with backup power...extremely important in critical weather conditions. Unfortuantly, candles won't be enough

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv
From my experience with hurricanes, they continue to prove that they are highly unpredictable.

All the expensive equipment and so called experts, have not been able to consistently accurately predict hurricanes.

That is why they used to always be named after women.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv
From my experience with hurricanes, they continue to prove that they are highly unpredictable.

All the expensive equipment and so called experts, have not been able to consistently accurately predict hurricanes.

That is why they used to always be named after women.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Why am I not seeing any coverage of people returning to thier homes, and getting any info on damage from this storm? Is it because it's just not as exciting as impending doom?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AshFan

Don't understand why you question that aspect, if you've ever been apart of evacuation's coming home to devastation and lack of power for a week or more isn't something I wanna share with the world. But here in Florida there's been plenty of well wishes cast, NAS Pensacola issued a safe travel home message yesterday. Another was the return home flight some evacuee's were taking home. Coverage of the evacuation order happens because some don't have TV, Radio, or cellphones and have to be blasted nonstop with the evacuation orders, not so much on the return home.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join