It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: U.S.-Russia tension escalates as Putin ends nuclear cooperation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: all2human

The people didn't remove and replace him, the Parliament did.

who does the Parliament represent? oh that's right the people.

edit on 4-10-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Yanukovych was impeached. Even his own party voted for his impeachment. He fled the country before proceedings could be finished. He abandoned his post and Ukraine had no option but to hold elections for his replacement. Even Russia admits that Yanukovych abandoned his post and that the following elections were legitimate.

As for the troops in Crimea, they were not permitted to leave their base with their weapons. Nor were new troops permitted to enter Crimea. Russia broke both aspects of their treaty with Ukraine.

some 8 million Russians live in E Ukraine
so the argument that Russia is illegally in Ukraine is a red herring.

Russia has a large number of Chinese living in its borders. I wonder if you'd be making the same argument if China annexed land from Russia.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Our foreign policy during Obama's entire administration has been a dismal failure. Half of that time was under Hillary Clinton's State Department and the other half has been under that moron, John Kerry. What a leadership failure this bunch have been.

But, I will hand it to all three of them. They can talk...and talk....and talk....and talk....and talk....and talk. Lead? Not so much.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It’s a sign of the weakness and lack of vision of Obama as a leader.

He allows the war mongers, neocons, false flag and drone junkies to rule the day in foreign affairs in his administration. They run rampant and he has no control of them.

They have surreptitiously ruined Syria for some dark, deep sinister reason of course having to do with that pipeline, Israel, and who knows what else.

Pure evil is within the Obama administration and when Hillary gets in it may get worse

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

He allows the war mongers, neocons, false flag and drone junkies to rule the day in foreign affairs in his administration. They run rampant and he has no control of them.

They have surreptitiously ruined Syria for some dark, deep sinister reason of course having to do with that pipeline, Israel, and who knows what else.

Pure evil is within the Obama administration and when Hillary gets in it may get worse

That's absolutely nuts, Will. Syria ruined itself.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

surprise, surprise, after Obama let them come inspect ours, our great leaders must want us all dead

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

surprise, surprise, after Obama let them come inspect ours, our great leaders must want us all dead

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Russia didn't recognize Kosovo. So if the referendum in Kosovo isn't legitimate why is the one in Crimea legitimate?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Not exactly sure what this will mean... but as the article states the Obama administration just suspended talks with Russia over the Syrian War after Moscow announced it has ended a 16 year nuclear proliferation deal with the US.

Is anyone else slightly worried about this? Is this nothing more than a big distraction? Or is the real "October surprise" going to be something we dare not even imagine?

This seems part and parcel of the "War with Russia" plans of the neo-cons and Clinton liberals during the Romney bid for the presidency of the USA. The goal of the Bush-Clinton-Obama crew appears to be a war with Russia fought in Europe using Kyiv in the Ukraine as their forward operations post.

The Russians have been extremely transparent about the problems with Washington although very few in the West ever bother to report the press conferences held by Sergei Lavrov and Vladimir Putin. I think most of us in the UK and USA simply have no idea how our governments have been pressing forward toward open season warfare with Russia.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: Willtell

That's absolutely nuts, Will. Syria ruined itself.

No, Syria did not ruin itself. The USA's coordinated plan with funding from the Saudis and Qataris has been insistent on one point and that has been destabilisation and destruction of the non-Sunni elected government of Syria. Without the CIA's covert operations providing moneys and arms to so-called "rebels" (including al-Nusra and Daesh), Syria would not have been plunged into the war currently besetting it.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

The Ukrainian parliament failed to follow constitutionally mandated procedure:
gpforecasts.wordpress.com...

Ukraine's President Petro Poroshenko: "I request recognizing the law of Ukraine on depriving Viktor Yanukovych of the title of the president of Ukraine dated February 4, 2015, as such which does not meet the Constitution of Ukraine, that is unconstitutional,"
www.washingtonsblog.com...

International law does not permit the violent overthrow of a goverment by a foreign state:
youtu.be...
www.un-documents.net...

China is not a party to a group who's purpose and design is to isolate and defeat Russia.
www.military.com...
Rapid Trident: Largest NATO exercise kicks off in Ukraine:
www.rt.com...

edit on 4-10-2016 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

China is not a party to a group who's purpose and design is to isolate and defeat Russia

Neither is Ukraine.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I think this deserves its own thread. Putting a third of your population into bunkers, and calling your government back into session a month early, in a bunker, are not positives signs.

Sure hope it's just bs..

originally posted by: jedi_hamster
www.superstation95.com...

at first i thought 'a hoax', but then... there are links at the bottom, which seem to confirm the excercise.

seriously, WTF.

edit on 4-10-2016 by Redwookieaz because: S&G

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
sometimes i think the human race needs a nuclear enema
edit on 4-10-2016 by Perjury because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Our foreign policy during Obama's entire administration has been a dismal failure. Half of that time was under Hillary Clinton's State Department and the other half has been under that moron, John Kerry. What a leadership failure this bunch have been.

But, I will hand it to all three of them. They can talk...and talk....and talk....and talk....and talk....and talk. Lead? Not so much.

Wow, a worse failure than the worst terrorist attack on US soil in history and two pointless wars?

Guess it's all a matter of (partisan) perspective, huh?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: queenofswords

Wow, a worse failure than the worst terrorist attack on US soil in history and two pointless wars?

Guess it's all a matter of (partisan) perspective, huh?

Say what you want, Gryph, but that "worst terrorist" attack was a Clinton/Bush joint "accomplishment". I give neither of them any points. And, 'yes'....Obama's damage taken as a collective of missteps, poor judgement, bad decisions, and appeasements will be judged as a greater failure than the two before him.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: thinline

True, Obama won't even look Putin in the eyes. It's embarrassing.

Obama is a joke and history will record him as the worst president.

Al this is,is the USA pushing and pushing, breaking the cease fire by bombing Syrian forces and pissing Russia off, and than when there is a counter reaction from Russia the US tries to paint Russia as the instigator and reason the ceasefire fell apart.

That's typical though and expected. What's truly sad is that people believe the propaganda.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Usually, a President with children who have yet to experience life, is more careful with how he "pokes" at dangerous Russia. President Obama seems to want a legacy as a "war hawk". I guess earning that Nobel Peace Prize didn't mean much to him.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

But is he a President with children?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Usually, a President with children who have yet to experience life, is more careful with how he "pokes" at dangerous Russia. President Obama seems to want a legacy as a "war hawk". I guess earning that Nobel Peace Prize didn't mean much to him.

I find myself wondering if he didn't just want to make it clear to Americans that Russia is NOT our potential buddies, despite Trumps portrayal of them as such?

Because I know some Russians, and according to them, you can be sure, they are not at all potential buddies with the US... make no mistake. I don't know if Trump is just plain stupid, or has some other wierd agenda, but it might just have been a last pitch effort to yell out to us as he leaves not to trust Trumps "partnership" with Putin..?
edit on 31-12-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join