It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: U.S.-Russia tension escalates as Putin ends nuclear cooperation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Putin came out and said the little green men were Russian soldiers. He claims that ethnic Russians were being subjected to persecution, human rights violations, etc. Despite multiple requests from the UN to provide evidence for these claims none has been forthcoming. Considering not even China acknowledges the annexation I think it's pretty clear that Russia's actions were 100% illegal and the so called referendum was a sham.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Thank you Kindly Xcalibur, that is a great explanation. Makes perfect sense to me. I wonder why the lack of insignias on Russians soldiers' uniforms? Sounds like nefarious black ops, but if so why would Putin openly say they were Russian?

Maybe because he knew there was other evidence of it already, otherwise he would have pointed the finger elsewhere?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

at first i thought 'a hoax', but then... there are links at the bottom, which seem to confirm the excercise.

seriously, WTF.

This is the Russian version of the article about what's happening in Russia from October 4 to 7: russian.rt.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

It was the same referendum that was held in Kosovo when they declared independence from Serbia, which most of the countries recognize.

So, if the US and their western puppets have no problem with that referendum, why are they against the one held in Crimea?

It's exactly the same thing

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue
a reply to: Konduit

Seems the US is dead keen to start a nuc war with Russia and put all our lives at risk. They cant leave it alone can they?

Its almost like they are compulsive war mongers.

You read the OP yet say "the US is keen to start a nuclear war with Russia"?

Of all the fact-blindness that goes on this site these days, this one really takes the ' blindness, see what you want to see and ignore the facts,' Cake.

Good God.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

see what you want to see and ignore the "facts Cake."

Good God.

What is this "facts cake" and where can I get some?

Amen

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

One could argue because the removal and replacement of then President of Ukraine had not followed constitutional procedure that it was unlawful and therefore illegitimate , fact is Russian troops were already stationed in Crimea and some 8 million Russians live in E Ukraine
so the argument that Russia is illegally in Ukraine is a red herring.

edit on 4-10-2016 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
The United States finally standing up to Russian provocation is now a "failure of foreign policy"?

I'm starting to believe in the Mandela Effect.

Trump must save the day.

Can't have Clinton - - it would upset Putin.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

From your support of Hillary Clinton, I realize you're not a person who can see the bigger picture easily, but please, before attempting to spread your thoughts, be sure to know why is something happening.

USA is doing crimes in Syria by being there and by supporting terrorists who fight Assad, and Russia is opposing that. USA refuses to stop, for whatever reason, and they are risking to get into a real full scale conflict with Russia.

So, the point is, whatever may happen, will be because of the US and it's illegal actions in Syria

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

You poor poor little thing.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Let's invade Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and now Syria, because Russia is provoking.

I would urge you and your gang, to leave the US presidential elections out of this forum, and discuss it where it's appropriate. You're completely blind to crimes that your country had committed and still does
edit on 200k2016Tuesdayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I might be poor, but at least I'm not superficial with my knowledge and I know what's going on and why

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

The USA since a few years after the soviet union fell has been dismantling ussr warheads on the American taxpayer dime. So we just ended a welfare program to clean up another counties mess.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

I might be poor, but at least I'm not superficial with my knowledge and I know what's going on and why

No honey, you just think you do because of all the blindness cake you've been eating.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: all2human

everyone knows that Yanukovych was a russian puppet, and did his best to keep the Ukraine from signing deal with the EU.( not that i blame him on that) but it was the will of the people, they removed him after he left went to russia and never came back but tried to rule from there.

and it was putin who asked the russian parliament to intervene in the Ukraine.

edit on 4-10-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Watch this if you have the nerve. This is Syria before we even GOT there. It is a result of five years of civil war. If I had my way right now, both the US and Russia would leave, as well as anybody who is not Syrian. Let them finish what they started on their own.

edit on 10/4/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It definitely looks like Obama and his globalist cronies are trying to pick a fight with Russia. Which makes it all the more absurd that they're trying to tell us that it'll be Trump who starts a war. Anyone with even the shakiest grasp of foreign relations can see the current administration is already on a war path.

Right now, as you're reading this, Russia is shipping new air-defense systems into Syria, specifically to be able to shoot down US aircraft if we start attacking the Syrian regime. And meanwhile, the US can barely be bothered to even pretend they're trying to stop ISIS.

Also, I suspect rather strongly that the recent sinking of a supply ship off the coast of Yemen (by an anti-ship missile) was meant to be a warning of what might happen to US missile cruisers if they decide to start firing into Syria.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie
The people didn't remove and replace him, the Parliament did.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Russia saved the country. Sure they may be glad to leave when the jihadi lunatics the US is supporting get the hell out and go back to their hell holes they came from.

Better yet after their all exterminated along with ISIS

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Russia saved the country. Sure they may be glad to leave when the jihadi lunatics the US is supporting get the hell out and go back to their hell holes they came from.

Better yet after their all exterminated along with ISIS

Please don't delude yourself into thinking the country is "saved". It isn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join