It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A True Hunting Dog

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I've often talked about my Labrador, Shelby, here. She's a fantastic girl! Probably the best dog I've ever had! And, as hunting dogs go, she was a natural from the day she was "hatched". My companion, my friend and my champ...still is (though she's in retirement now).

I have a funny story about her though (and even a pic...if I can find it). One weekend, several years ago, a hunting buddy of mine and I were going turkey hunting. Dogs aren't used turkey hunting. And because Shelby wasn't going I decided to take the car instead of the truck. I was busy loading the car up, going in and out of the house. I'd leaned the shotgun up next to the front door to load into the car last, and of course she saw it. I'd told Shelby that unfortunately she couldn't go, and she was pouting. As I was getting ready to leave and lock up the house I'm looking around for Shelby and she's nowhere to be found. I called her a couple times (she ALWAYS came in an instant when I called her), and nothing. Where the heck is Shelby???

I turned around to put my shotgun in the car so I could go start looking for her. This was the sight that greeted me!... (no kidding either!)

"Dad, you are NOT going hunting without ME!!!! Look, I'm even loaded up and ready to go! TAKE ME!"

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Dog's, they will always let you know one way or another what they want.
My Golden Retriever loves chicken and pizza. She can smell it a mile away.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I don't trust people who don't like dogs.

Your Shelby seems like a real sweet heart.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Dogs are amazing . My old dog a cocker spaniel was amazing , he used to point when he seen a duck and we would look for ages to spot it/them . And as soon as i loaded up fishing gear he would wine until he got in the car . Hell if you opened the door while loading everything he would squeeze through and jump in the car if the doors was open .

ETA , if he heard the keys ring he would do that .
edit on 2-10-2016 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Love your threads FCD. Usually down home salt of the earth stuff.

Thanks for another smile while having my am coffee.

Give Shelby a pat from me.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
That was funny. Dogs are a lot like little kids in some ways.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
All those years of hunting, and she knows what packing for a hunting trip looks like. How is she to know that she's retired and that even if she wasn't, you aren't hunting something she can help with?

All she knows is that she better get packed too!

It's the routine.

Good dog.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Lol... loaded, ready for bare.

Look, I'll even ride in the trunk. I promise not to get in the way, please oh please, don't leave me behinnnnd!

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

If you didn't take her, Sir you are a cad!

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

Unfortunately, I couldn't, not on that trip anyway. She got to go on many, many, others though!

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
I don't trust people who don't like dogs.

Your Shelby seems like a real sweet heart.

I don't trust people who dogs don't like.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Bahahaha! That story and pic cracked me up!

new topics

top topics

join