It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Knew What We Do, You Will Never Sleep Again - NASA Director

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Their last statement isn't talking about aliens at all and in the billion other ways we can be snuffed out in an instant in our hostile universe.

If their statement is authentic, which I think it is not, then your guess is correct.
edit on 2 10 2016 by surnamename57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

This "contextual understanding" hasn't been pushed just by "films and media" friend. Many scientists believe this as well:

Hawking has spoken publicly about his fears that an advanced alien civilization would have no problem wiping out the human race the way a human might wipe out a colony of ants. At the media event announcing the new project, he noted that human beings have a terrible history of mistreating, and even massacring, other human cultures that are less technologically advanced — why would an alien civilization be any different?

"We don't know much about aliens, but we know about humans. If you look at history, contact between humans and less intelligent organisms have often been disastrous from their point of view, and encounters between civilizations with advanced versus primitive technologies have gone badly for the less advanced. A civilization reading one of our messages could be billions of years ahead of us. If so, they will be vastly more powerful, and may not see us as any more valuable than we see bacteria."

www.space.com...

I think I side with Hawking on this opinion.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
So why doesn't someone just email NASA and ask if Hertz actually said that? Here, I'll make it easy for you:

science.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Basically, he has confirmed what some of us have been trying to say. Everything we do and most of what we think is wrong for a supposedly superior life form. Succinctly, we are an out-of-control Third World world.

To argue that the statement was not referring to our manner of bad tendencies but simply to our natural vulnerabilities to exploding suns, etc. is to deny the truth and to make excuses for our behaviors.

If you can accept that UFOs are the ETs that have been diligently watching over us for at least half of a century--as he well knows, then you can get some inkling of what he is referring to by mentioning our possible demise by ETs that have deemed "enough is enough, no need to allow this to continue" and eventually trigger that flash of light. No one is to blame for our state of existence other than ourselves. Can you not understand that it is not a space war he is referring to, but a simple, logical matter of the extermination of vermin or, at best, an experiment that went wrong.

edit on 2-10-2016 by Aliensun because: clarification

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

The real Dr Paul Hertz wouldn't be using imgur to seed his thoughts and, if it were true, the uploader would have been quick to add the actual links.

I was also thinking that the turn of phrase and language used wasn't particularly...professional..you know?

Unless of course it was at an after dinner speech or something like that..you know, the wine flowing and all that jazz. Just seemed a bit coarse for a person in his position.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject
Paul Herts, Director of Astrophyics Divion of NASA shared an IMGUR post regards our question about aliens.

The title sure got me to click on this thread, but the statement is almost certainly BS. So what have we got? No source up til now, just a highly dubious YouTube vid published 2 days ago with an artificial voice and further links to a blog called "Tales from out there" and an Imgur image showing a plain text statement? Well, that's not really that much ...

Not to mention the content: this sort of lingo seems inappropriate for people with his background, even when conversing informally. Also, I'm not convinced that ET civs would invade us unless we're the last spot in the universe offering highly sought-after resources.

I may of course be wrong, but until there is at least some evidence to back this up, I call BS.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Another version, albeit shorter, via disclose.tv also without a citation.

Sounds more like the satire The Onion publishes about NASA.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

"Be carefull what you wish for. if you guys knew even a fraction of the # we do, you will never sleep again. I promise you that" "

Usually when people are trying to make others feel inferior, I scrutinize harder. No real source huh? Yeah, just a troll trying to feel bigger than "us" little guys. No attention post this post from me.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Sounds like click bait bull#....

In other posts, other NASA officials are more ambitious and not so doomsday minded as the post suggests; stating stuff like, "we will most likely come across aliens within 15-20 years" and so on....

The way posts like that fake Paul Hertz post is it plants the idea without confirmation but suggests that there is some knowledge and maybe maybe it will be public some day.... *yawn*

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
No source..
Ridiculous regardless.
Can this thread please be 86'd ?

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I've read that statement some where before, and I'm pretty sure its crap.
But anyway, since I have had some contact with them in the past, I sent a email as well as a phone call.
I really don't think there's anything to it.

Buck

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Hiya mate.
Yeah, scientists aren't immune to using colourful language and some will swear as much as any of us. The dialogue was more like the cheese on Independence Day and has the same smell lol.

The message wasn't much different to what Stephen Hawking worries about. The difference being Hawking still sounds like an academic when he's wetting his undies about aliens. The fake Hertz in this example 'sure as sh**' sounds nothing like an academic.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Oh god, I hope it's not Ferengies.

Horrible table manners.

edit on 10 2 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Wotcha Kandinsky.

Yeah, it did come across all 'I.D.' didn't it.

Ah well...hoax or not, time will tell i s'pose.

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I cannot find the original source for this information but googling around it shows some links. I do not wish to state this as fact but if this is as it is, then it sure is interesting.

If you cannot find the source for this statement, this thread should be moved to [HOAX!]. The fact that it is an image, rather than an actual text or video suggests that the hoaxer wants to make it difficult to trace.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Grammar reveals it's made up:

Be carefull what you wish for. if you guys knew even a fraction of the # we do, you will never sleep again. I promise you that

"You would never sleep again"

Rule of thumb: If you search for something and the first page of hits are conspiracy nut websites, it's fake.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Whether its real or not, it reminds me of this

Wernher von Braun on false flag alien invasion to justify NWO

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

Rule of thumb: If you search for something and the first page of hits are conspiracy nut websites, it's fake.

Unless they're 'hiding the truth in plain sight.'

(ducks and leaves the thread)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Hello! WE CAN CHANGE. We can be more environmentally conscious, responsible, spiritual, grateful, and kind. It takes work as a group. It is possible. Tough love and laws required. People who take advantage of the earth and others can be stopped. On the other hand who says these aliens care at all. We have a piece of valuable real estate or Maybe we are on a small planet for a reason. We are an experiment.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: flice
Sounds like click bait bull#....

In other posts, other NASA officials are more ambitious and not so doomsday minded as the post suggests; stating stuff like, "we will most likely come across aliens within 15-20 years" and so on....
. *yawn*

I must have slept through that. Link, please.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join