It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people so afraid of mind control chips?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Think about this.....
Micro Chips implanted into a person mind. One of the most important muscles in our body. That is able to control our thoughts and movements. We have already a microchip implanted on patients that have had heart attachs. So what is the difference on implanting a chip in the brain. A lot of difference there for sure, but think.....The government already knows who had a heart pacer implanted in a patients chest. Who's to say that if this unfortunate soul was a goverment ploy to show us that yes they can terminate anyone with a heart pacer at any given moment. Throw enough of an electrical back fire on and into the heart to cause a massive heart attack and kill the victim. No one would be the wiser. People around him would just think that he was having a normal massive heart attack.

Right?

Now the same could come true for a person who has a micro chip implanted in the brain...the muscle that tells us who we are, lets us dream, allows us to communicate, gives us freedom to do what we want to. Controls our involuntary muscles....heart, lungs.

But having a micro chip implanted in our minds can also allow us to access all of those supressed memories....photographic memory can become a reality for all people with chip. The same chip could also allow us to review our dreams that we have had the night before...two day ago, a week ago, etc. Hell maybe even down load memories and dreams onto the computer make dvd movies/recordings and file for later retrieval. Just a possibility....sell your memories and dreams to the highest bidder.

The implanted micro chip could also help those that quadra pallegic, or partially paralized to speak through a computer with that in mind....the paralized person could even control appliances in the household as well.

By the time that this chip becomes that strong...we may have the opportunity to purchase household robots that will perform the day to day tasks for patient at home.

Mental handicaps/ bad habbits maybe eliminated as well.

Sub routines could be used to control a person against his/her will. Forcing them into slavery.....some who follow BDSM may enjoy that as well.
You could create a new you at anytime using your computer.

There are an endlist list of pro's/con's on micro chip implantation....I am one who would relish the idea of having an implanted chip on my brain. Just think of the possiblities.

Re-write the persons memories to make him/her more compatible with you.
Make a person more dominant, or more submissive. Take away the aggression. Etc, etc......

All replies are welcome.
If anyone has an micro chip that they would like to implant on me please feel free to contract me at
[email protected]
please put your name and best method of contact so that I could reply back. I only request that you take care of the lodging and travel expenses.

Until then I'm going to continue looking into microchip implantation.
Stephen

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Although you shown some very good ideas of having a chip in the head, your question was Why are people so afraid of mind control chips?.
My quick answer for that is, no one wants their minds to be controlled.

I think I'd like to have some RAM added to my brain that would be helpful

mrq

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I agree there could be positive uses for such a device, yes. But as for people modding themselves, I think it's probably a bad idea right now - I don't think we're there yet.
People can't even keep spyware off their systems...how're they going to make an informed decision about which good 'Persona Image' to keep, or dump?

Plus, I gotta go with Umbrax, I would mind my mind being controlled in such a way. Very interesting though, and it'll be kool to see how people use such devices as they one day become available.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The brain is a very powerful "machine." With that in mind(pun intended) the only reason to implant someone with a microchip is for control. I for one would not voluntarily give someone else that much control over me.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
You listed some great things that the chip could be used for, medical advances, etc., but if it ever got into the wrong hands, it could be very evil. When The Antichrist comes to power, a mark using 666, the number of the beast, will be in our forehead or hand. I think that might be some kind of chip or implant, and we won't be able to buy anything without it. Now the technology is here.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I'd be a strong opposer of mind control chips. As good as the pros sound, I would never ever give up or risk my rights. Ever. They're the most important thing to me. And if they ever get taken away from me by a mind control chip, I'll fight the chip long enough to kill myself. Give me liberty or give me death.

Besides, what memories I have I can always remember with time. And the rest from when I was a kid, psionics.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Gee because they are CONTROLLING MY MIND. I dont want to be controlled. I also dont like how they would be able to kill us at any given moment. " Hey I dont like having a chip in my braaaaaaa......" and then he fell dead. I also dont want my memories to be altered. Without my memories Im nobody.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
1 - the brain is not a muscle...

2 - the mind is supremely powerful. It processes thousands of times more calculations per second than the most powerful supercomputers on earth.

3 - we know very little about the mind, and we certainly use a very small portion of our abilities...a miniscule portion. Why not find out how to use our natural abilities first, and implant microchips second?

4 - microchips would be most useful as tracking devices for the population. You would not be able to hide from anyone. You would also be able to be remotely controlled (mind control is possible with various sound and light frequencies). You would become cattle.

When you let your mind be controlled, you relinquish the awareness of your own soul. Think about that for a second. If ever in my life a choice comes between mind control and physical death, I would instantly, without hesitation, kill myself.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I don't like the thought of being controlled, either. And with reference of being able to change our personalities and traits, then what's the point? Suddenly, if you can change whatever you want about yourself, you loose your uniqueness as a person. You loose yourself.

One thing that would be cool though...like in "The Matrix", where they could plug themselves into a program and learn something within a matter of seconds. I like the sound of that. Less time spent in school, more time sleeping!

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I would really like to convince everyone to keep away from manmade implants, they are yet too sick ideas to perform. You wanna be an experimental rat of the Gov't? Would you like to loose your identity, passport, citizenship? Well, about this is waiting for everyone messing with brand new technology. Even volunteering for the slightest experiment, you'd be in great danger.

What about alien implants? They don't just appear in a person's mind, but if you are chosen, you cannot hide from it. If they want to chip you, they will do it. If you want to take it out, they will either replace it, paralyze you, wash your mind, or the implant will simply drills deeper into your brain, where it would be too dangerous to remove that.

At this point, you would be definitely in real trouble, because the gov't would be already aware of your actions... and every implanted person is invited in the Area51 secret lab, locked there forever.

How to avoid all this? Show some respect to those powerful species, and they won't do you trouble whether they are basically friendly, or hostile to humans.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I love my brain, even if I do get into trouble with it. I love using my vivid and active imagaination constantly(Seriously, who needs TV?). And I hate the idea of some goverment tracking me, especially if I don't trust them and they know it. And who wants some squeekly sound by some control guy blocking Nick Carter's voice out of their head? Or whatever other music ya' like. And beside, if the goverment in the USA, UK, and Mexico is promoting these Verichips like Britney Spears, shouldn't WE be CONCERNED that they might have a double agenda? Right now the chips may docile, but by using the body's electricity and some sort of wireless internet device they could manipulate your body and possibly kill you, assuming they do have this stuff.
If I were you, I would consider rethinking this issue.
Have a good day,
BSB2005

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It all sounds quite good, yep i could do with some extra RAM, and it would be cool to be able to access all that useless knowledge i have in there somewhere at will. I think sometime in the future the lure of such ideas will be too overpowering for people to resist leading to need and necessity. But like Otto_States I’ll fight that to the death before society becomes that compulsive.

I would say i fear [because fear is good really and natural] mind control chips because it could too easily be used to control people, take away their individuality and their freedom.

[edit on 23-1-2005 by kode]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The pros being put forward here about the brain chip implants are ridiculous they are in the EXPERIMENTAL STAGES of development of these chips. I wouldnt be surprised if they arent simply checking whether or not you can live with a metal block in your brain let alone find uses for it.

These amazing benefits such as paralysed people being able to control household appliances sounds great but the truth is that technology and understanding is not known to humans and probably never will be.

The brain is infinitely more complicated than you are making it out to be it is not simply a 'machine' that we can just add chips too. You really think that your personality, character, your MIND is how it is because of the physical arrangement of your brain cells??? your brain is not your mind. Your brain is not your consciousness and it will not be manipulated so easily.

If a few idiots want to put their lives at risk for the sake of technology then let them because if we dont believe in giving them freedom to do as they please, then we do not believe in freedom at all.

As for this extra RAM nonsense, you never heard the phrase that we only use 10% of our brain capacity?? People arent willing to work for anything these days.... Your memory problems are much more likely to be a function of your inability to retrieve information rather than your ability to store it.

Respect- JoeyC

[edit on 23-1-2005 by JoeyC]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
You are right in that I asked why people are so afraid of microchips being implanted in their mind. What I had given along with that question was reasons why I would like to have one as implanted in mine.

But you had sasid that you would like to have more ram installed in you mind...who's to say that they manufactures would or wouldn't put a program into those ram cards and rewrite your memory as well. One night you go to bed the way you have for so many years, and then you would wake the next morning...not knowing how or why you are in this house. A time coded reprogram of your mind. Anything is possible

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Like as already been said, we know only a miniscule amount of information about the brain. There is also no computer. super or otherwise, which will be able to keep up with the computation speeds of the mind, so I can't see it being of much benefit yet, other than maybe tracking us, or monitoring a small amount of the brain. It could possibly be used to "secretly" kill people ie. as you said, send an electric shock to the brain, enough to kill or seriously brain damage someone, lol.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
IMO, our thoughts are private and they are what sets us apart from one another. Thoughts are to be shared not taken away... While we may not have all of the physical privacy in the world, we still have our mental privacy. To take that from anyone is barbaric and intrusive...

Icelandia

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icelandia
IMO, our thoughts are private and they are what sets us apart from one another. Thoughts are to be shared not taken away... While we may not have all of the physical privacy in the world, we still have our mental privacy. To take that from anyone is barbaric and intrusive...

This is clear. Nobody would ever accept any other person implanting him/her, because that implanter could do things against the implantee.

However, talking about genuine alien implants, we know that so far no implantees were recorded being abused or killed by aliens. Aliens can see people's mind with huge recievers, no implant is required for that process.

Implants are used in special cases, eg: if a person is born with unique capabilities , in what the aliens are interested in. The aliens don't hurt their implantees, because mainly their aim is to examine them in various situations, and if they are proved to be suitable, might even teach them to extend their special abilities. As the aliens usually leave their implantees to live everyday life, they may be interested in how they perform among humans with their brand new capabilities.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Everything you listed as pros to having such a chip in your head can be done with the proper training.

Of course with today's attitude of give it to me now, with as little effort as possible, I could see folks getting such a chip.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It's impossible for anyone to control you with a chip implant at the moment. Give it another 5-10yrs and it might happen.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by windwalker81570Micro Chips implanted into a person mind. One of the most important muscles in our body.

ok, 2 things...

1.) the mind is not a muscle... (though I know some people who make me question this fact).

2.) that's the easiest question ever. I can answer your "why wouldn't anyone want to have a mind control chip in their head" question with this... why WOULD you? It's a loss of self on an equivelant with death.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join