It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton Touts National Service Agenda

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
You people sure like to just make things up. This has nothing to the military or guns. All it does is allow college kids to donate some time to AmeriCorps or the Peace Corps or other service groups part time in return for some college credits. Any cost would be covered by Corporate donations. So if you in college and you want to help out but, can not do it full time you now have another option. I know that is not very exciting but it is what it is.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Hillary needs her brownshirts.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: reldra

Paid what and by whom? Would it be on par with enlistees pay? I surely don't like the idea of yet another new government program.

Sounds to me like a federal version of the various state conservation corps programs, which themselves were just offshoots of what was originally a federal program during the depression.

If they're anything like the civilian conservation corps was, it will be paid for by paying people to do the jobs, rather than paying contractors to do them. Which is basically deficit neutral, it just spreads the work around a bit, and puts a few businesses back into the private sector rather than government contract work. Potentially it saves some money because people aren't billing for $1000 toilet seats.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: reldra

Paid what and by whom? Would it be on par with enlistees pay? I surely don't like the idea of yet another new government program.

Sounds to me like a federal version of the various state conservation corps programs, which themselves were just offshoots of what was originally a federal program during the depression.

If they're anything like the civilian conservation corps was, it will be paid for by paying people to do the jobs, rather than paying contractors to do them. Which is basically deficit neutral, it just spreads the work around a bit, and puts a few businesses back into the private sector rather than government contract work. Potentially it saves some money because people aren't billing for $1000 toilet seats.

They do not get paid. If they are low income and can not afford to support themselves during their short volunteer time they might qualify for a small stipend. That is payed by corporate donors. The incentive is the get some college credit. Right now Amicorps and the Peace Corps requires almost a year commitment. Full time students do not have that time to give, so this option simply lets them volunteer for a week, a month a few days whenever they can. Be it helping during a disaster of feeding the homeless and get some college credit for it.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

the REAL talents out of service already ,remember active duty are the NEW GUYs,Obama GOT RID of non loyal officers and judging by his warfare performance leadership ,if the same skill is applied to disarming us ,we will win in a month.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

YACC(Young Adult Conservation Corps.) was BLM when I worked for them in the woods here in Colorado.
I think that is what they became.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Obama had the same program in his mind when he was campaigning for president, guess what, it never happen because most people do not want to have the government tells them how to run their lives

It ain't go na happen.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

It is a play from Hitler's playbook. It worked for Hitler in the short term, and I suspect Hillary Clinton thinks it will work for her goal of suppression of enemies and complete control of the federal government at all levels.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Sounds like making the BLM brownshirts official.

And Donald's fascist "see something say something " idea he touted today is fine?

You guys have lost it

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

And Donald's fascist "see something say something " idea he touted today is fine?

You guys have lost it

That isn't Trump's idea, see something, say something has been around a long time.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXTriker

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

You guys have lost it

That isn't Trump's idea, see something, say something has been around a long time.

WWII, at least. Lotta that propaganda going around.

The idea of a civilian corps is what Roosevelt used to pull America out of the Great Depression. They did a lot of fine work in state parks; many of them today are a legacy to the craftsmanship and work ethic of the people involved.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Obama had the same program in his mind when he was campaigning for president, guess what, it never happen because most people do not want to have the government tells them how to run their lives

It ain't go na happen.

It did happen. United We Serve streamlined and increased the size of groups like Ameri Corps. and other volunteer groups. And he created 21st Century Conservation Service Corps.

And you seem confused about what Clinton is purposing. Ameri Corps and the Peace Corps already exist. They require nearly a year or more commitment. Clinton is adding a reserve, college students who do not have the time to give up a year can instead give up a few days, here and there or a week or a month and get some college credit for doing so. And that is about it. What you think this has to do with Government telling how to live is beyond me. Just what is bad about people volunteering to help feed people after a hurricane for a couple of weeks?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Possible InfraGard foot soldiers?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
With the recent Project Veritas videos being released, I think it certainly gives this more credence.

I won't embed, there is already a thread on the two.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
READ the fine PRINT so they can't be transferred to a military service.
These SJWs are trying to suck women into combat, add to that the cold war that is heating up and and I CAN put 2+2 together JUST fine.
The DNC isn't a product of the people ,it's a crooked self serving,fund raiser for hustlers right now.
ALL the RNC that join them are doing so because of long standing POLICY so long standing we never have been OUT of it and Trump is a challenge to it
My guess is EVENTUALLY they'll kill him,yes.
But Hillary IS a direct threat to the FUNCTIONS of our intelligence elements ,which is WHERE I believe the e-mails/devices ,whatever,are coming from.
They WHACKED Kennedy for FAR less than this.
Hillary is NOW an EASY target.
edit on 28-10-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
If you believe SORCHA (I really don't,but knowing the bitch....)

www.whatdoesitmean.com...

Guns for the Protesters,paid for by Hillary.
AKs
edit on 28-10-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I don't. Plus it would lead to more deaths from the hands of those who actually know how to use the weapons.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

YES.
UGLY.
But,THAT is why we bought them

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

^THIS^ was my thought too.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

NO. It does not.

YES. It does.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join