It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enjoy Earth While It Lasts: Atmospheric Carbon Levels Pass the Point of No Return

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The rise in CO2 is a direct result of chemtrailing. It's just... so obvious.

Technology could save us...but will it be soon enough? Network Dude chooses to disbelieve, I choose to think it's Nibirus approach causing it. You're totally right that it's impossible to do anything about it unless every single human chose to change. The NWO can save us!! Or at least that's what they'll say while waving pieces of information just like this in our face.
edit on 29-9-2016 by TJ4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Don't you know?
We have the technology to terraform any planet but our own.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

So now it's past the dreaded number of no return, are they going to stop taxing us for it ?

Because it's clear that forcing people to pay, doesn't change their behaviour

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

So we should just jam the throttle down to full, break off the handle, and party while the earth burns?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Most plants thrive on higher CO2 levels, pushing out more O2 in the process of equilibrium.

Atmospheric models tend not to include these types of effects.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Not good at all. I hate when people say the earth is resilient and will be here long after we're gone. We get it. The problem is humans and our quality of life as it is now. Global warming is happening...rampant pollution is happening...Free/renewable energy is available if we want it. It's not just about man made global warming...it's about much more than that.

We all want less air pollution, less smog and better air quality.
We all want to cut ties with Saudi Arabia, and oil from the middle east.
We all want to stop polluting our water with fracking, coal mining and other pollutants.
We all want much better gas mi liege and more electric car options.
We all want residential solar panels and battery storage if we chose it.
We all want to stop deforestation as well. We love our nature. For hunting, hiking, camping or whatever.

The funny thing is that we can have all of that right now, but our politicians are in the pockets of fossil fuel and combustion engine vehicle corporate over lords. And these are the keys to stopping man made global warming and even funnier is that even if you don't' believe that there is such a thing ....those 6 things are good for everyone.

It's time to change the fossil fuel dynamic of our current society.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I've been playing a little to much mad max lately, this doesn't sound so bad, everything experiences change.
This might be the equivalent of earth trauma? Things have been pretty chilled on this planet for a while now, aren't we over-due for the whole Yellowstone megadeath volcano anyway?

I dunno... Roll with the punches is what I guess I'm saying, we'll see were it goes and do our best to mitigate the coming of the end of days.

It's hard to accept the human race for what it is, but I'm one so... yay humans, let's at least try to see what we can accomplish and not just say ' it's to late, we're all poked '. Cause, you know, glass half-full

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
so the CO2 levels are up big deal.

when dinosaurs that roamed Earth 250 million years ago the CO2 levels were 5 times what they are now.

Carbon dioxide concentrations dropped from 7,000 parts per million during the Cambrian period about 500 million years ago to as low as 180 parts per million during the Quaternary glaciation of the last two million years

For obvious reasons, the Warmists never talk about the cold of the Late Ordovician Period, when the planet’s average temperature was far lower than today’s 15 degrees centigrade, yet CO2 concentrations were nearly 12 times higher, at 4,400 ppm. According to the conventional greenhouse gas theory, our planet should have overheated. There are clearly other influences (the sun comes to mind) besides CO2 that impact the earth’s global temperature.

in the last 500 million years CO2 levels have been over 1000ppm 75% of the time.
so why are we even here we should have never evolved

www.skepticalscience.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So we should just jam the throttle down to full, break off the handle, and party while the earth burns?

Unless you want to prolong our own mass suicide, thereby ensuring that each successive generation is progressively more miserable than the last.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

This is what I vote for.

I can bring the Scotch and cigars.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

This is what I vote for.

Don't be a cheapskate on the scotch. Discount cigars are fine, but not scotch.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

This is what I vote for.

See, and that's why you WILL be invited to the secret underground bunker.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
More trees, less deforestation... I think that's something we (humanity) should all be able to agree with... Actually, I'm sure that would be a sh*t show discussion just like everything else in this world....

We are such a brilliant species, yet oh so stupid... We know, but so many don't seem to care...

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I choose to believe that AGW is not at all like the alarmists claim. I chose to believe that the Earth is much more resilient and our input, however ugly and disruptive it may be, could not effect the Earth on a planetary level as some would suggest. What do I base that on? A feeling. (I know, super credible right?) Knowing the alternative is to run around screaming and flailing, I'd prefer to just smile and go on with my world. Whatever the temperatures might be, I'll adjust as I do each season.

Translation: "AGW isn't real because it feels better to stick my head in the sand and pretend it doesn't exist."

Translation, "I am too good to actually READ the words of the OP, I'll just skim the topic, make an idiotic post, tow the line to stay on political point, and generally look like a tool."

Tell me Oh wise one, what are we supposed to do if "it's past the point of no return"

LOL, and try reading the WHOLE OP before you open your pie hole.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
CO2 accounts for 0.04% of the atmosphere (don't believe me, google, "amount of co2 in atmosphere"). Hey, but "we hit the point of no return"! So I got that going for me!

There are methods to sequester CO2 and to put it to good use. I have posted all of this before in various places... let's see how many I can remember.
* Scrub CO2 directly from atmosphere and create calcium carbonate. Demo plant up and running in Canada. See MIT Technology Review, p. 116, Vol. 119, No. 4 for pics and schematics of how this is being done.
* Scrub CO2 from electric plants and make graphene (posted somewhere on the Graphene MEGA thread). So they place a device on gas fired electric plants, use a catalyst, add electricity, precipitate out graphene and release O2.
* Turn CO2 to stone. Some thread out there on ATS.
* Use it to turn a turbine. Again, saw this on MIT Tech Review website in April. CO2 is superheated and spins a turbine. It is a closed system (no need to constantly feed it CO2) but it does generate electricity. There is also an ATS thread on this.
* Recycle concrete. Making concrete is intensive and the biggest creator of CO2 emissions. Now if you're making graphene at the electric plant you can mix it in with recycled concrete to make stronger, loner lasting roads. A win-win.

Most importantly, get nuclear fusion up and running! That is a zero emission technology. You will notice MIT is involved in several of these projects as they have made it their mission to reduce green house gasses while furthering technology. Btw, they do have a fusion device at their school. Hum?

It can be done, but it is going to cost money. So what is the planet worth? $1.59? No! This is MY money!! *choking in the point of no return*

[ETA: Sorry, had to run! Maintenance crew needed me to move out of my space for several minutes]
edit on 29-9-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: finish my thought, geez!

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Don't be a cheapskate on the scotch. Discount cigars are fine, but not scotch.

Balvenie 30 and Montecristos.

I don't go cheep on booze or smokes.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

See, and that's why you WILL be invited to the secret underground bunker.

It's my goddamn bunker! Of course I am invited.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: network dude

My environmental biology professor (one of my favorite professors I had, out of many) warned our class about this 2 years ago.

That's the article I shared earlier on the thread about Barium and Atmosphere/Weather. Thanks for making a thread about this network dude

Yes, and thanks for posting it. It helps bring this into perspective for me, and hopefully, others who also, aren't in charge of the worlds C02 output.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well, technically, you are correct. But the Title of Master of the NWO has been held by others in the past, so that sign on the door doesn't "specifically" mean you, just you right now.

Oh #, I wasn't supposed to mention that.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Oh #, I wasn't supposed to mention that.

They are not mad, but they sad to invite you as well. Something about needing a sandwich.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join