It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't Police forces all over the country just pull out?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
There are soooooo many threads on police violence and protests against them and so many people have come out against the police. Why don't they just pull out of a few very problem areas where the most complaints against them are lodged and let the community fend for itself? If it swims it swims and if it sinks it sinks...they can call in the national guard to take it back if needed. I get so tired of hearing the same junk over and over about how police are killing blacks all over the place and they were super innocent and then come to find out they weren't, whether it be prior records or the evidence came out that they were doing something wrong. Sure, someone dying sucks but typically they are not just minding their own business walking down the street and get shot...there is almost always some other even happening where the police have been called or have pulled up on a scene.

Same thing happens in white neighborhoods and wherever too...let them pull out of those as well. Let the community police itself and see how well it works. I would love to see how well it works!

Sorry, but all of this crazy protesting and spearheading acts against police is just insane. Do people really think that police, nationwide, are conspiring against anyone at all?

I say they all go on strike, pull out for 3 months and see how everything pans out. I know I will have a fighting chance and so will almost all of my neighbors....

Anywho....can't wait to see the responses!
edit on 9/28/16 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

(post by MongolianPaellaFish removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Maybe becuase they know that is insane...

I know it isn't very PC to talk bad about cops but it happens. Sounds like many are just letting it go in one ear and out the other.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I know it isn't very PC to talk bad about cops but it happens. Sounds like many are just letting it go in one ear and out the other.

Of course they know that's insane. I just think that the country needs a really quick wakeup call as to just how needed they are.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I guess that at least some of "them" have more respect of the rule-of-law and the social contract than you do.

/shrug

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I guess that at least some of "them" have more respect of the rule-of-law and the social contract than you do.

/shrug

Sure they do...too bad the citizens they protect don't seem to have the same respect towards them...

link   

I say the police deploy the police according to race. Caucasian policing Caucasian, African American policing African American, and so on and so forth

link   

None of the protest are about how they are not needed...
OK well I am sure there is a radical aspect that dows think that but surely not as a whole. Just that the don't agree on how people are getting treated by them.

Maybe the ones offended need to just suck it up and get over it. They are choosing to be offended, they don't have the right not to be.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

too bad the citizens they protect don't seem to have the same respect towards them.

Respect is earned.

Furthermore so what if people don't respect them, that's not part of their contract.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The solutions are easy when you look at statistics.

More poverty = more crime. The better a police department interacts with it's community the less protests there are and we see communities give the police the benefit of the doubt. For example--Las Vegas. We have police shoot people every year, but because Vegas's police department puts in efforts to partner with the community and there is a real perception that bad cops will get disciplined here. We haven't had a real riot in 20 years at least. There are lot's of free and cheap ways to get help with addiction and alchoholism. There is less poverty here than other areas etc.

Then what needs to happen in every area? Better police interaction with the community. Better police training. Policies and actions that show that when there are bad cops they get arrested, prosecuted and sentenced. Better drug and alchohol addiction programs. Better homeless policies. Policies that really get people out of poverty...not just welfare but programs that work, like Wic that only gives you vouchers for real, healthy food ect.
edit on 28-9-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: conscientiousobserver

I say the police deploy the police according to race. Caucasian policing Caucasian, African American policing African American, and so on and so forth

Is this 2016?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

In part, I agree.

But that is what the feds want.

They want a federal police force. Imagine TSA patrolling your streets.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Mental aptitude & drug tests for Cops and civilian oversight of body cams on every LEO.

See how much these shootings drop then.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

too bad the citizens they protect don't seem to have the same respect towards them.

Respect is earned.

Furthermore so what if people don't respect them, that's not part of their contract.

So you believe their bad actions have outweighed their good? If not then the respect should be there.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The thing with law enforcement is that it is a social contract. The police promise to take care of the law breaking aspect of law and order, and society SHOULD be taking care of the civil aspect.

Breaking one part of the agreement results in the other side breaking down.

Both sides have broken down in certain areas of the USA it seems.

It is a shame.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

BLM rioting=FREE SPEECH! F**K THE POLICE!

Someone speaking out against BLM=RACIST! HATE SPEECH! CALL THE POLICE!

Pull them out, I'll be fine.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I should have said individually earned.

We have no way of knowing if the good outweighs the bad.
edit on 28-9-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Of course they know that's insane. I just think that the country needs a really quick wakeup call as to just how needed they are.

No. They need extreme vetting.

link   

originally posted by: amazing
The solutions are easy when you look at statistics.

More poverty = more crime. The better a police department interacts with it's community the less protests there are and we see communities give the police the benefit of the doubt. For example--Las Vegas. We have police shoot people every year, but because Vegas's police department puts in efforts to partner with the community and there is a real perception that bad cops will get disciplined here. We haven't had a real riot in 20 years at least. There are lot's of free and cheap ways to get help with addiction and alchoholism. There is less poverty here than other areas etc.

Then what needs to happen in every area? Better police interaction with the community. Better police training. Policies and actions that show that when there are bad cops they get arrested, prosecuted and sentenced. Better drug and alchohol addiction programs. Better homeless policies. Policies that really get people out of poverty...not just welfare but programs that work, like Wic that only gives you vouchers for real, healthy food ect.

Sure...I could say the same thing about Atlanta where I am...majority black...no big riots or crazy police shootings or violence here of note.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join