It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't Police forces all over the country just pull out?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Because the vast majority of police truly care and want to help the citizens in the community. And yes, they realize that sometimes it will mean being persecuted for protecting those citizens from the criminal element.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: conscientiousobserver

Try to keep up.

The Charlotte shooting was a black cop using lethal force against an armed black man who refused orders to drop the weapon.

The Mikwaukie BLM riots were also due to a black cop shooting an armed black suspect who pointed his illegal gun. They actually knew each other and went to school together.
edit on 28-9-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The only thing with that is if they pull out, pull back...protest their local employers...they dont get paid. Its that old "public servant" thing.

Its the "public-local governments" that pay them to "serve". Protect and serve. But, isnt it always about the $$$$?

*And they may never get to recover any authority by the time the stance taken is over...then its Anarchy.
edit on 28-9-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: conscientiousobserver

I say the police deploy the police according to race. Caucasian policing Caucasian, African American policing African American, and so on and so forth

Separate but equal, amirite?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Cops have to eat too. Most Americans are only 3 pay checks away from desperate.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

It's not a zero sum/all-or-nothing issue. People want police officers to treat all citizens fairly and enforce the laws equally. Law enforcement is dependent on our tax dollars, too; just as they're supposed to protect and serve us, too.

But every step of the criminal justice system "coincidentally" treats minority suspects worse, from traffic stop percentages and average lengths of convictions to prosecution rates and parole board release processes (you can read more HERE). At what point do these constant "coincidences" become recognized as a pattern of systemic discrimination?

And ironically, what happens when citizens lose trust in law enforcement and the criminal justice system? They start taking matters into their own hands. But how many people want to talk about that, much less why so many normal citizens in our communities have no trust in law enforcement and the criminal justice system in the first place? Well, let's touch on that for a second.

Some estimates say at least 6% of African American males in high crime areas are active informants for law enforcement.

At the federal level, fifty percent of drug defendants cooperate, but as explained above, this may be too high a percentage for state and local jurisdictions.

That would mean that for the young black male population in these high-crime pockets of poverty, half of whom are under correctional supervision, half of those are drug-related offenders, and one quarter of those—one in sixteen, or about six percent of the total—may actually be cooperating with the government.

Secret Justice: Criminal Informants and America’s Underground Legal System

This is important to note because law enforcement is notorious for failing to protect witnesses in these areas. And far too often, the person being "snitched on" is also on good terms with law enforcement officers, which means the information on who snitched "coincidentally" gets back to them. This is especially true when corrupt police are involved, which typically involves officers and/or detectives accepting bribes and information in exchange for allowing individuals and gangs to continue their illegal activities.

When you've seen these exact things go on for decades, it's hard to trust many members of law enforcement. The ones involved in this system seem to protect the criminal elements (who coincidentally are also informants), and most of the others refuse to clean up the corruption in their own department. And the law abiding citizens in the community get stuck having to deal with corrupt gangs, corrupt police, complacent police who allow the corrupt police, and a justice system that will NEVER believe them over the word of those corrupt police. But when people talk about these issues publicly, they "coincidentally" get shot and/or left in a burning car (like this thread explains).

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: amazing

Mental aptitude & drug tests for Cops and civilian oversight of body cams on every LEO.

See how much these shootings drop then.

"These shootings" account for less than .01% of all law enforcement/civilian contacts. I'm sure they'll drop way more.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Aside from rape investigation it's the most important 0.01% of all policing.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

The projects and ghettos where the police catch hell don't pay a dime in taxes. They are the takers who most likely will never contribute to society. They also demand the most resources (police, fire, medical) than the tax paying areas. The tax payers are the ones that show appreciation toward us, the slums gripe, complain, and work the system like you wouldn't believe. But duty calls and we do are very best no matter the area, or person. But, it does eat away at your soul and outlook of the future....I try to focus on the little ones, and there is A LOT of kids living under terrible circumstances with horrible "parent" (singular) being told all the wrong things and no love. Very few exceptions to this standard in the hood.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

edit on 28-9-2016 by tinner07 because: incomplete thoughts due to wife speaking to me.....thread drift

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

Dont I know it...Im with the Fire/Police/Emergency Management system here, and a 1st Responder. If SHTF...and we all walked in unison the other way...that would be it.

I know for the most part? All officers, firefighters, emergency workers, incident commanders (myself)...in any scenario trained for-Nuclear, Biological, Radiological, Germ and Bio-warfare...all we train for...if us and L.E.O.s walked...it would take but a week for all major crime and emergency procedures and safeguards to go full blown crazy and would be lost for good.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
how about police just make arrests instead of death tolls. that might work. or, maybe the gun shouldnt be the 'problem solver', or hold an immediate hostile posture as they approach a citizen and immediately clutch their life line (aka their pistol), i wonder how they would in turn be responded to... how about that, see how that would work...

i know... it sounds kwazeee and illogical.
edit on 28-9-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

What's crazy is that that's what happens in the overwhelming majority of encounters yet people are so conditioned by msm to believe the inverse is true.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Of course they know that's insane. I just think that the country needs a really quick wakeup call as to just how needed they are.

That gets into "If you don't let us do whatever we want however we want to do it then we will take our ball and go home", which is the sort of thing you hear from police unions. And bad cops.

It's a crap argument, to be honest. It's the thing you hear Jack Nicholson say in "A Few Good Men". Sure, you stood a watch and it was a # job there too, but still, you don't get a free pass to do whatever you like because you do that job. If that's a prerequisite, then quit.

What's needed is a restoration of faith that bad cops get what's coming to them, and good cops get support for having to make sad but necessary decisions when the moment arises. We've lost that faith, and so we paint the vast majority of cops with the same tar that is deserved by the ones getting away with crap by the force of the blue line of silence, cop unions and 'if you rat on me you will get yours', and conflicts of interest with the prosecutors and internal affairs.

The system needs to change. If the public were SURE that the bad cops were going to get it nearly every time and not be buffered by the blue omerta and buddy systems, then this would be much less of an issue. As is, there's not an effective oversight that's not compromised by politics or self-interest.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

I know all that yet it seems blm doesn't as they are still mainly targeting Caucasians. I say we do it my way so it absolutely cannot be about race

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Hey if they want to act like barbarians because a black officer shot a black criminal. Then they should be treated as such

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join