It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
My question would be: Whose ideals would we follow should rebellion take place? What guarantees do we have that a new government isn't worse than what we have now? What other options do we have?

Its not the system, Its the people that run the system. They have been in power way to long. It seems crazy to me that we might have another president with the same last name of a previous one.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
crap i messed it up. i tried to quote a tread and failed

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The quote reminds me of the scene in the godfather when Clemenza talks to Michael in the basement while handing him the gun...

Great scene I wish I could link or embed from this phone..anyone willing to do me the favor gets a free star!

Seriously though I don't want to ever see a blood in the streets revolution..As much as some people romanticize the idea, there is always a better way than violence.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
We are in a time were we could roll into a future, that we could feel good with our kids growing up in.

We have the tech to stop the dependence of fossil fuels. But the oil industry has more power than any country.

We have tech that needs to stop being a secrete and put in the hands of the kids that will be in charge of this world when we are gone.

We need to cure cancer and stop treating it.

We can do all of this if for once we have people in power that are concerned about the people. Instead of trying to line there pockets and setting up for there kids to be the next power.

Just watch any clip of the great George W and tell me that he was the best we could do for the leader of the greatest nation ever?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

It doesn't need to be bloodshed. We need more options than what we have. We need people that really have the country's interest in mind.

People always jump to blood in the streets because thay know if a group of people were to try to mix up things that they will be fired upon.

The powers that be, I don't think that they will let it happen. They will never let anything interrupt there cash flow.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Kazber

Im sorry,

The thread title literally says
"the blood of patriots and tyrants"

That is what I Was addressing.

~meathead

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

And now, if it would come to them denying us, of electing a person from our group than we must be willing to fight for what we believe in.

It's not like the government has never turn its troops on its people.

They wrote that from experience. No power is gonna give up that power with out a fight. And at that moment we need to stand tall.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join