It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New cell phone opinions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Cricket is about $30 or $35 a month and works the exact same as Verizon....for me.

I'm still stuck with Verizon for a while though, and regret every second of it.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I bought an asus zenphone...its a great phone....what i did not look into was the there is no service centre in Australia for this phone, so when i smashed the screen i had to send it back to kogan(kogan is the supplier i bought it from) head office in Melbourne as there is no where else to get it fixed....right royal pain in the ass...it has been 3 weeks and i still do not have the phone back....

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Samsung s7 will stay current for ages with it's excellent spec. It feels beautiful and high-end in the hand and the resolution is quality. The waterproof aspect is great in case of those of bad luck, or bad timing, incidents. It's Android so it's compatible with everything else and everything on your current phone will automatically transfer across. They have the NFC back-up where you placing the phones together starts the transfer.

HTC are my personal favourites and you might want to consider one of them based on price. The HTC m9 is really down in price and is a great device. The HTC 10 matches the S7 closely and has a lower price in the US. There are a few diffs in the specs, but no human is ever going to notice a microsecond of difference in processing. They aren't waterproof either.

Apple are nicely designed and obviously quality. Most owners are brand loyal and that doesn't just come from the snob value or fashion statement. I'm not much of a fan because I think they lack the flexibility of the Android OS. They also keep their customers always wanting the next model and constantly dangling the next *must have* device in a *sought after* colour.

Get down the store and see what they feel like in the hands? See if there's one to test.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Just go iphone....

Simplicity in your hand... And the phones don't explode

Lol

Sure you'll pay for it... But its just a better mobile device

And i hate apple cpus...

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Don't laugh.

I have yet to own a smartphone.

Thinking about getting this moto 4...from Amazon.
And trying one of the newer carriers.....like Republic or Consumer Cellular.

I don't use my phone that much....and cannot see spending a bundle for the phone and $60+ a month for the privilege.
As far as texting...I think I have sent two in my lifetime.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

There's a lot of things you can do to waste money. Upgrading your phone is one of them. I'd seriously just use your phone until it breaks. Because electronics are a complete waste of money. Use the item you have as long as you can and then save the money, put it toward your retirement for example. Because if you do that with enough things in your life you'll get far ahead in the long run. All these goofy gadgets are totally worthless and a waste of time and money. because you get the next phone, now you have to learn it all etc etc. But if you need to do an upgrade, I'd focus on not getting the latest and greatest. Instead just focus on getting a model that's a few generations old. Like I bought a used iphone 4. It works perfect. Looked brand new. And I paid 60 bucks for it. Like why waste 600 on a new iphone 6? They both will do virtually the same stuff. But the thing is even if you think you have the money now, that's fine but why waste it? Bank that 540 dollar difference. Put it away for a rainy day. Like it's not the phone that' I'm talking about more than it is like there's a million things that will evaporate your savings and paycheck that are totally useless consumer items that have a shelf life of all of 6 months before ther'es a better version. Dont' fall for that trap. Complete waste of money.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I would prefer Samsung as I am an Android fan
However you have an opportunity to select both: so you can get Samsung for you, for example, and Apple for your wife, and in a week you can switch phones and just understand what you prefer.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join