It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HA! Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I know ATS members are fairly savvy, but, For those of you who fancy drilling a hole in the 7 to find a headphone jack .......... here is why you shouldn't lol, the 7 has a bigger battery and taptic engine than the 6, it has taken the place of the headphone jack. Teardown picture to prove it follows, pics or it didn't happen right? PMSLOL, HAHAHAHAHA

This has got to be the funniest thread I have seen all week, make sure the drill is the right size!!

edit on 2016-09-24T15:30:20-05:002016Sat, 24 Sep 2016 15:30:20 -0500bSaturday3009America/Chicago163 by corblimeyguvnor because: typo

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
What i found funny in the vid, was, when he'd put the headphone jack in the drilled hole and it didn't go (silent/quite),, cause it always does except when it's on loud speaker etc.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

Which should be a clue, for anyone with an IQ 'better-er' than 6.5, that it's not going to work!!! Not the first clue, but certainly one of them!!!

edit on 9/24/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Which should be a clue, for anyone with an IQ more over 6.5, that it's not going to work!!! Not the first clue, but certainly one of them!!!

Exactly, anyone with any sense wouldn't do that to an expensive phone unless they're idiots or can afford to (even then it's a draft) thing to do, this has been a funny thread thanks Flyingclaydisk.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Apparently, the MacBook Pro runs better with a hole drilled in the CPU, it increases cooling capacity by 60% so you can overclock the processor without damage. PM me for technical detail, you need to miss the vital circuitry in the chip itself, all that is needed is a HSS drill bit at 15mm in diameter

Simples

EDIT: Oh and measurement device so you get the exact location to start, CMM recommended but a Vernier Calliper will do, one of those digital ones from Mitutoyo

edit on 2016-09-24T15:49:25-05:002016Sat, 24 Sep 2016 15:49:25 -0500bSaturday4909America/Chicago163 by corblimeyguvnor because: sarcasm

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

Apparently, the MacBook Pro runs better with a hole drilled in the CPU, it increases cooling capacity by 60% so you can overclock the processor without damage. PM me for technical detail, you need to miss the vital circuitry in the chip itself, all that is needed is a HSS drill bit at 15mm in diameter

Simples

Lol hahaha good one bet someone (maybe one person) has done that.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

lol, i'm sure they have

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29
lol hahahaahhaha bunch of idiots.

Wondering how many people will bring it back to the shop with a drilled hole asking for a replacement or money back?.

Oh, they are already doing it. And when they find out it's a joke they want compensation because someone SAID it would work, so it has to be THEIR fault. Don't expect anyone to actually take responsibility for this.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29
lol hahahaahhaha bunch of idiots.

Wondering how many people will bring it back to the shop with a drilled hole asking for a replacement or money back?.

Oh, they are already doing it. And when they find out it's a joke they want compensation because someone SAID it would work, so it has to be THEIR fault. Don't expect anyone to actually take responsibility for this.

Ok didn't know that lol... If they are daft enough to do that to their brand new phone then they don't deserve compensation for it,,, anyone with sense could figure out that it wasn't made with one or they shouldn't have bought a phone without a headphone jack.

It will be on the news soon i would expect.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It gets worse. Some people are offering "help."

Mark Johnson wrote: “Since some people are still having issues, a bit of advice. The guy seems to have missed the part about cleaning the phone after drilling.

“In order to clean out the 3.5mm socket of debris from the drill you need to soak the phone in soapy water for around 15 minutes so all the drill shavings are loosened.

“Then give the phone a shake once you’re done. Hope this helps someone

Source

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

iPhone 7 users have been tricked into drilling a whole in their new handsets by a cruel YouTube video

Cruel? Really? Thats the word that people are going to use?

I mean, i guess it is cruel to pick on retarded people. But still....

Without trying to insult people who swear by Apple....it seems that apple users keep getting suckered. First, they are suckered into spending all that money on a freaking phone. Then they get suckered into doing stupid stuff like this, or charging it in the microwave.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I heard somewhere once that Apple was the gadget for the person who wasn't tech savvy meaning it was so user friendly even an idiot could figure it out, and while that doesn't mean that no tech savvy folks have Apple, it means that a lot of folks who might steer clear more of complicated gadgets because they just can't be bothered to figure out the more complex stuff tend to get Apples.
edit on 24-9-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That sounds like a fair statement.

it could also be that idiots follow the herd. While not all Apple customers are idiots, obviously....if idiots follow the herd, you just need to look for the herd (Apple customers) to find the most idiots.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Funny yes, obviously anybody with a couple brain cells to rub together would know that drilling a hole in something ain't going to work as a headphone jack, these people probably don't operate power tools very often. I wonder how many of these people not only destroyed their phone but went out and bought a drill and bit specifically for this purpose.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: KungfuStu
Funny yes, obviously anybody with a couple brain cells to rub together would know that drilling a hole in something ain't going to work as a headphone jack, these people probably don't operate power tools very often. I wonder how many of these people not only destroyed their phone but went out and bought a drill and bit specifically for this purpose.

that makes it funnier. someone lists all these tools that are needed to complete the task of destroying your device. If you can get someone to drop $100 on crap like calipers or a harmonic balancer....even better.

Not that i enjoy seeing morons taken advantage of....but if you are gonna do it, aim for over 9000

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I do not know which is funnier, people paying inordinate amounts of money for Apple phones, rather than purchasing Android devices which are superior in terms of functionality and versatility, or the fact that they have been conned into wrecking said over stylised status devices!

See, the giveaway is that it's an Apple product. There is nothing on earth that Apple hates worse, than people modifying or altering their products. Even the software available for iPhones and the like, is not lent toward being modified or altered. The hardware even less so.

Fools!

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

While i always remain optimistic it is things like this that make me believe we as a species are ultimately doomed . Remember , these people breed .

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Ok, that's it. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Both my sons prefer apple, although only the oldest one buys his own stuff. I've bought them both iphones over the years, however. The youngest, he is death to cell phones anyway. But the iphone and its glass jaw? Just not worth it.

The wife and I both are fans of Android. We've settled in to LG phones, as we both tend to see "top tier" as "rip off". I just replaced my LG, and the phone I replaced survived all manner of things such as a 2 story drop onto terrazo tile. 2 year old phone with the screen still not broken, and a solid 24 hhour lifespan on the battery.

The new one I got does everythingn with voice commands. At 43 i've lost most of my paranoia of metadata type stuff, and my eyes are bad. So i accept (happily) being able to use my phone without hardly touching it.

Android is my choice after quite a bit of cash spent determining that Apple is just not worth it, unless you are the kind to wear uncomfortable shoes just to be fashionable.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: TrueBrit

Android is my choice after quite a bit of cash spent determining that Apple is just not worth it, unless you are the kind to wear uncomfortable shoes just to be fashionable.

Bingo! Fashion pretty much died in the 1980's. Ever since then it's just been a freak show. Back then girls still looked like girls and guys dressed like guys. Since then comfort, style and function have lost all meaning and it's all about identity with some trend regardless of practicality. The same goes for phones. It's not about something working better, or having a better design...it's about the "look" and the image it projects.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join