It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Digital Rectal Exam - The Urologist, a man who knows you like nobody else.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
This is one of those topics than we men prefer not to talk about. Well folks it's time to face that fear and share it. I'll go first, you next.

So one day you wake up like every morning and go bathroom with a full load, suddenly you know something is wrong. Some part of your body is not responding to your commands and you can't see that nice stream coming down like every morning as part of the ritual. You have the right to freak out now.

I won't forget the day I entered to the doctor's office, a friendly secretary and a nurse were ready to assist me, they give me a form to fill while they look at my eyes. I could read their minds. They know I'm there because I might have a problem with my "buddy" and already started to feel uncomfortable. It's a macho thing only we men can understand. One attractive nurse came to me and said "The Doctor is ready to see you",

He talk to me in a friendly way, he is also a man and knew I was feeling like crap in that moment and he doesn't wants to scare me more. The first thing I did was take a look at his hands, wonder about the size of the fingers, is he wearing a ring?

During the first visit I went through the full batch of tests. They started with the easy ones, a simple ultrasound, some blood test, fill a cup and pee in a strange device to check my "performance". I missed the target for few seconds and had an embarrassing moment telling the nurse that I made a mess in the floor. She said "happens all the time", with a smile and told me to go to "that" room. I wanted to run.

Then I pulled down my pants and underwear and assume the position, he came and told me to relax while he gets the glove and lubricant. Here we go baby. All right, now he is digging, I wanted to scream but I didn't. I thought : "I'm not virgin anymore".

He is done, leaves the room and gave me a moment to clean all the mess he made in my butt. Back home, my wife asked me how was it. I joked and told her he not even put romantic music, no flowers. I just wanted to burn that underwear and sit in a corner while I had those horrible flashbacks.

I didn't come back to the doctor for years, switched to natural medicine and all works without missing a delivery since then. wife happy too...if you know what I mean

edit on 24-9-2016 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   
He should have at least offered you a beer first...

Of course, in some parts of the world an exam that thorough would cost a lot extra...

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I can relate.

One early morning I awoke to pay a visit to the bathroom.

Unfortunately I was unable to go.

I tried everything I could think of tinkle.
Nothing worked.

I sat on the throne with my hand under the bathtub spigot running lukewarm.

After two hours I couldn't take it anymore and drive myself to the ER.

I was tap dancing like a vaudeville star when the nurse immediately called me back.

The Angels in white shoved a catheter up my you know what and I proceeded to fill an entire bag plus one half other.

Turns out I had a stone blocking my urethra.
I've had many kidney stones before.
But I didn't even feel this one.
No pain.

But, God bless the urologist.
Just couldn't pee.

I ended up seeing him and am very happy.
Can't figure out why one would want to become one.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I hear that if you cannot afford Obama-care, the TSA trains their agents to provide that same service for free at any airport.....

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
...if your doctor looks like Jeff Dunham... yeah... run.

I would hate to be a proctologist.... having to look at a$$holes every day...

edit on 24-9-2016 by madmac5150 because: My cat made me

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
...if your doctor looks like Jeff Dunham... yeah... run.

I would hate to be a proctologist.... having to look at a$$holes every day...

Haha..., and I don't know why there aren't urologist woman. That would make the experience at least a bit hot.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Spader

That happened to me too. I was in my job and it came out in the bathroom. Bleeding experience.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I've got a similar story, the weird part for me was that the doctor wiped after he'd finished.

A grown man wiped my bum.

I'm sure that was my job.

It was all pretty normal up until that point.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Gently manners are not always welcomed.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
If i ever get to the stage i have trouble peeing i am going to look for a small petite lady doctor .
edit on 24-9-2016 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

I've got a similar story, the weird part for me was that the doctor wiped after he'd finished.

A grown man wiped my bum.

I'm sure that was my job.

It was all pretty normal up until that point.

Thanks for sharing, lets hope more people have the courage to talk about it.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Didn't bother me when I had an 'examination' same as someone examining up my nose or whatever.
You have my sympathy if it really was traumatic for you.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Didn't bother me when I had an 'examination' same as someone examining up my nose or whatever.
You have my sympathy if it really was traumatic for you.

Well, the greater part of the discomfort is the mind and not in the butt I guess.

new topics

top topics

join