It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost In The Shell (2017)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The teaser trailer that is out now is a compilation of short 10 second trailers and honestly I think it may actually be good, it has a good looking cyberpunk atmosphere to it and from the production stills that have been released the costumes look well done as well. I am a tad sceptical as I'm not sure how I feel with Scarlett Johansson in it but what I've seen from Japan is that they don't mind, but then again most live action adaptations don't end up being good. So I hope it's good as I loved the original movie and the TV series that came of it.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: The Arbiter of Lies

Nyeh, looks pretty subpar. Doubt it will live up to the original but I'll still check it out.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I am optimistic for this adaptation. Been a fan since the start.
Still waiting for a live action Akira. No way to avoid CGI with that movie.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
And Scarlett(With black hair) does resemble Motoko.. I never did understand why, but most characters in anime do not directly appear as Asian, just their style I guess. Or could be they do not appear different in their minds.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: jappee

I read that they are going to be doing a live action version of Akira and its planned for late 2018 to early 2019, that should be pretty cool, I think their working on the script at the moment

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: jappeebut most characters in anime do not directly appear as Asian,

Actually with their gigantic bug eyes and nearly absent nose, they dont appear human.
As far as crazy hair colors and clothes and such not being Japanese/Asian...meh, you see crazier in Harajuku.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: The Arbiter of Lies

i smell " style over substance "

i has the graphic novel :

and the UK release of the animation film

but having watched that " teaser " - i am left wondering WTF ??????????????????????

AND DOG HELP ANYONE WHO IS NOT ALREADY AWARE OF WHAT " GHOST IN THE SHELL "

it seems to be a new trend in film making though - have " trailers " that leave the viewer baffled

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
looks like a cgi sh!te storm to me. I have very little expectation of it other than it will tarnish the reputation of an excellent movie and series.

Whats next justin beiber as the voice for the tachikomas. Jason stathem as Bato? Or some other well payed wannabe.

Thanks hollywood for screwing with stuff thats not yours the F up. Leave good jap anime out of your sh!te money grabs.

Hey heres an idea you lazy hollywood elite. Do some of your own work. Make up your own ideas. You know like you used to in the 80s.

Basically. Not going to see it. Looks divorced from the feel of the original and the cgi looks like crap.

edit on 23-9-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Why does Hollyweird have to keep ruining these franchises?

I can tell it's going to be sub-par just by the fact that it stars Scarlett Johansson... such an overrated actress.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Agreed.

And by the way, they already made a live action version of Ghost in the Shell, it was called The Matrix.

There's no need to butcher one of the greatest animated Sci Fi films of our time, and that includes Akira (which has been in pre production for 10 years).

top topics

join