It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprise endorsement from Hollywood!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Hollywood's conservative elites have lined up to participate in a video that endorses Clinton without actually mentioning her or Trump.

I'm not precisely sure how Clinton benefits from having the world's biggest celebrities on her side, but apparently this is a thing.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MongolianPaellaFish

Yeah, I saw this on TV yesterday.

Even though I don't support Hillary, I gotta admit that video just cracked me up!

edit on 22-9-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Quite frankly I dont think there is a "right" way to vote. I only see two wrong options.

Really does come down to a docuhe and a turd.
edit on 22-9-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

they just keep sending voters Trump's way don't they?? I was appalled when I saw this on tv. And their reward is "make mark be naked for his next movie" ... really?? Boo!

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Man that's a lot of people. I wonder if we'll have enough insults for them all.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
So actors are more qualified to know the best candidate than us plebs?

American Gods, whats the word from On-High?

So shall it be written, so shall it be done....

Nevermind the wealth discrepancies and pedo ring, Hillary is the new mother we all must suckle from because they said so

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Maybe Mark wants to get naked? Robert sure doesn't seem to mind...

LMAO

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It's a massive thing. There is a certain percentage of people who will follow what their favourite celeb is doing, including voting in, arguably the most powerful person in the world.

That's democracy for you.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I think that there are zombies among us. When you see people say:

The 1% is evil

Yet

I will vote for whomever the 1% tells me to

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Message of the video is hit and miss in some areas, but quite funny actually.
Hillary may be a terrible pick (squaring off another terrible pick), but they did mention the SCOTUS, and it is there where I do fully feel there needs to be liberal judges. Conservatives want to add religious stuff into law (life begins at conception, marriage (a legal government sponsored event) can discriminate, etc) and their past action of allowing for citizens united, and in turn trying to forever push privatizing the entire internet..
no...legal conservatism is a nightmare of dystopian levels.

Blah

I really dislike social progressivism though, it has obliterated the rational center left liberals into just a fanatical neo-puritanist pro-victim segregationist pile of anti-facts, anti-science dogma...I kind of want to see them get kicked hard for how far off the rails they brought the left in the last 5 or so years.

Personally, I dont care this cycle. We all have rights, and one right is to abstain.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MongolianPaellaFish
Hollywood's conservative elites have lined up to participate in a video that endorses Clinton without actually mentioning her or Trump.

I have some issues with calling these actors "conservative." Downey Jr was a big Obama donor, Ruffalo is a major greenie, not real sure who some of the other actors even are or what their leanings might be...

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Downey Jr was a big Obama donor, Ruffalo is a major greenie, not real sure who some of the other actors even are or what their leanings might be...

That would make Robert a Democrat, and Mark would be anti-Trump since Trump denies AGW.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Martin Sheen is a lifelong liberal. Huge with unions. I'm also guessing the NPH isn't conservative either.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Man that's a lot of people. I wonder if we'll have enough insults for them all.

robert downey junior played chaplin, who hitler loved

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
chaplin, who hitler loved

Was that before of after Chaplin had insulted Hitler in the Dictator?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

During.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I've also seen this ad a bunch on TV.

Now I know a bunch of celebrities who I'm disgusted with

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
So this is the American equivalent of the "Luvvies for Labour" syndrome (Do you call them "luvvies"?).
I don't entirely follow the logic of "If you work in the entertainment industry, you must lean leftwards", but it seems to be a standard rule.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I'm so disappointed. But then again I've always said I have about as much concern for an actors opinion as I do a bag boys. Both are just people doing a job.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Urban legend is he had Himmler track down a copy of the film and quite enjoyed it.

Not sure how much truth there is to it though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join