It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte is NOT a Hero - Charisma is NOT a Reason to Cheer Death

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I don't doubt that there are corrupt politicians or that they are happy with Duterte. That was never my point.

Can you kill someone and place a "this is a pusher" card on them with no repercussions? Honestly, I don't know but it seems like it is in effect.

No you can't do that. That is handled as a crime and investigated.

It's the police that was given permission to kill if there is resistance.

6-700k turned themselves in, only a few 1000's resisted and were shot.

She also said some drug guys do kill innocents to mess things up to blame his policies.

From what I can gather from her, it's complicated and things are much better. lol.

(she didn't want to type her own responses)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I don't trust the info. Like someone said before. Anything against him is automatically stamped as an act from the opposition. The man said that not only would he not prosecute but that he would hand out medals.

Seems like people on the same side are not in agreement, including Duterte.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I don't trust the info. Like someone said before. Anything against him is automatically stamped as an act from the opposition. The man said that not only would he not prosecute but that he would hand out medals.

Seems like people on the same side are not in agreement, including Duterte.

Ok. That's your opinion and welcomed to it.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

It isn't just my opinion, although my opinion is tied up in there somewhere but what is the deal?

Did the man tell citizens to kill pushers and that he would give them a medal or not?

Someone, actually there, in another thread told me that he said it but that he didn't actually mean it. So, we know he said it but somehow we are to believe that the man just says things for the lulz? Do they have dog whistles in the Philippines?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: yuppa

Oh it would eventually come down to the UN and the US trying to do something to reign in the guy in question.

Thats a standard road of attrition used to control nations and peoples. Create a problem then step in and 'fix' it. Theres no examples of that out there, currently (rolls eyes)

War on terror, war on drugs, debt, poverty, education, jobs...

Ding ding ding. right on the nose.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Just to add to the discussion here...

article

Duterte keeps himself in the news. Which has it's good and it's bad points...

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
3,000 have been killed out of over 700,000 who have surrendered.

Around two-thirds of the 3,000 do not involve police operations. Some of them may have been killed by assassins hired by drug lords to cover their tracks.

The recent investigation shows that some police groups and politicians may be involved in drug crimes during the previous administration. That is, they allegedly received a cut from earnings from drug trade involving gang leaders which control prisons.

edit on 24-9-2016 by monkeyluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Never said kids didn't die in horrible ways all around the world every day... I was just a little shocked at their reaction towards this particular incident.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Yeah if they do then it's all fine and dandy... but what if they don't? what if what you are reading is merely propaganda and the silent majority don't want him?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I guess you could call this an update:

I wonder if this is all media spin.

He's giving everyone reason to intervene almost as if it's scripted, I'm certainly puzzled...

Philippine's Duterte says he'd be 'happy to slaughter' 3 million drug addict

MANILA, Philippines - Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte raised the rhetoric over his bloody anti-crime war to a new level Friday, comparing it to Hitler and the Holocaust and saying he would be "happy to slaughter" 3 million addicts.

www.ctvnews.ca...

Opinions?

Sorry I'm on mobile you should have option to view full site at the bottom.

edit on 30-9-2016 by DigitalVigilante420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalVigilante420

Straight from the horses mouth, in english to boot, can't see how it is media spin:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The U.S has some pretty serious drug problems and some authority issues, perhaps some cities in the U.S should adopt the Philippines stance on this issue, think of all the problems that could be solved in a city like Chicago.....all we need there are a few more death squads running around

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalVigilante420

Straight from the horses mouth, in english to boot, can't see how it is media spin:

The context of the remark:

Full text and video:

newsinfo.inquirer.net...

edit on 1-10-2016 by monkeyluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: monkeyluv

Saw this version on some video site that I could not embed which is why I went with what I posted.

Thank you for putting that in context but it doesn't really seem to make any difference in what he said. Do you think it does?

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I think the context of the remark is that he was countering critics who, in the past, kept referring to him as a Hitler and as a mass murderer, even though no cases were filed against him (from what I remember, the previous administration investigated the matter and found nothing to connect the former mayor with death squads), that there is nothing in the laws that makes him liable for threatening criminals, and yet based on that view, he would be prosecuted for genocide by international groups.

The context can be seen from the 11:00 mark onward, until the first reference to Hitler remark after 13:00.

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join