It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia is seriously running out of cash

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I was talking about "food for oil". Who is sending money and food to Russia? That was question based on your previous remark. Why food for oil? Because Russia is under economic sanctions.

BTW why USA still buys rocket motors in Russia? Bit hypocrisy.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
but, it's late, the OP is 'Russia is running out of cash' and I don't doubt it.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

What rock bands are you talking about?

I recall pussy riot. There are also members of the press.

I disagree with you on Pussy Riot,there are a protesters more than they are song writers or musicians

You are correct about the press

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JanAmosComenius

We aren;t getting oil from Russia, the last list I saw shows we get most of our oil from Canada. The US sends food to Russia. Since Russia needs food. You should look it up.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   

but, it's late, the OP is 'Russia is running out of cash' and I don't doubt it.

Yes, still are Russian finances in much better shape if compared with ... hmmm ... USA with its monster debt
And we are not speaking about real economy. Offshoring is such great idea ...

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MongolianPaellaFish

LOL

What a great source you have provided!

CNN Money headlines!

I mean CNN is clearly the go to for any truth in the world!

Funny that they never really cover BRICS!?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   

a reply to: JanAmosComenius

We aren;t getting oil from Russia, the last list I saw shows we get most of our oil from Canada. The US sends food to Russia. Since Russia needs food. You should look it up.

Are USA selling food to Russia, or are USA sending food to Russia as humanitarian aid?

BTW EU countries can not sell agro products to Russia because of sanctions ... in spite of this aren't USA sabotaging the good effort to ostracize Russia by selling it food?
edit on 22-9-2016 by JanAmosComenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

We know if it comes from any source that doesn't praise Russia it is wrong...as for BRICS...

Well let's just see shall we...

Brazil...recession for the last three years and about to impeach their president.

Russia...their economy is in the crapper and getting worse.

India...their economy is growing.

China...their economic outlook is slowing and not looking good.

South Africa...their economic outlook is not very good.

So we have all BRICS nations but one in economic trouble...what do you want them to talk about, how bad an idea the BRICS union really was?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

But USA, EU and Japan are in steep economic growth at least from 2008

Uff .. forgot to mention new tiger: Ukraine.

Shipping indices are falling all over the World. This is global recession.
edit on 22-9-2016 by JanAmosComenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: JanAmosComenius

But USA, EU and Japan are in steep economic growth at least from 2008

Uff .. forgot to mention new tiger: Ukraine.

Shipping indices are falling all over the World. This is global recession.

Precisely!

The Western Banking cabal is a sheer and utter failure. Debt based economics is a fools errand and the chickens are coming home to roost! Hence the insane actions of the west pushing for war in order to continue propping up such a system.

You are neglecting to mention that BRICS represent over half the worlds population and they are working towards a gold backed currency. Yes there is going to be a fall out for everyone as we shift away from this money printing scheme controlled by the west.

Perhaps CNN could start reporting on the corrupt nature of the Federal Reserve as opposed to being their propaganda source!?

CNN as a source, LOL, gets me every time!
edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago09America/Chicago930amThursday6 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: elementalgrove

We know if it comes from any source that doesn't praise Russia it is wrong...as for BRICS...

Oh, get a life ...

The reality is, no nation in the world is losing as much money on the oil situation ... as the good ol' US of A. Europe is in a deep recession, which they are "trying" hard to keep themselves afloat ... with the "immigration". They get money for each head ... in case you didn't know.

The US of A, is doing well ... because it's keeping the world at gun point ... it's a "stick'em'up" policy, pretty much.

Not, that this policy hasn't had it's "reasons" ... but those reasons are old, and don't really apply any more.

I "doubt" the Russians are any worse off then before ... as someone pointed out, "Yieltsin" was a scrum package ... he got lucky, getting out of there with his head still on ... after all, Russia is a backwater country ... and as backwater country they "should" have hanged the guy.

Except they didn't ...

All the news about Russia being a bad guy, but if they were ... Nukes would be flying. If I were Putin, I'd have knocked those 4 planes out of the sky at Ezzor.

Except they didn't ... surprise suprise.

Point of this is, Russians are the bad guys YOU ARE.

The Russians aren't the "sharpest knives in the drawer" though ... and let's hope they never will be, because if they do ... we're in for it.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Cant they just do what America(Federal reserve) does and print/create more monies?

Because lets face it, its not like money in this day of age actually exists beyond the values displayed on a screen else our Banks and vaults would be somewhat larger in size.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The great western Allie Saudi Arabia turned up the spicket on oil and flooded world markets which caused oil prices to plummet from above 110$ down to its' present level. Venezuela was a pesky communist dictatorship whose government depended on oil exports for capitol ... Russia while being encircled by NATO and vilified by the west especially over Syria also derived a large portion of their funds from oil exports.. Saudi is bankrupting its' own nation while keeping the oil flowing.. Does anyone ask themselves why Saudi would commit national suicide over such a simple supple and demand question..? Yep many independent oil companies in the USA are going or have gone belly up.. Sin Loi for there are bigger fish to be fried by those who have a world view all their own...

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Cant they just do what America(Federal reserve) does and print/create more monies?

Because lets face it, its not like money in this day of age actually exists beyond the values displayed on a screen else our Banks and vaults would be somewhat larger in size.

The issue is lack of foreign currency reserves. They can cover their internal deficit by creating more money but the danger is that the exchange rate declines further making essential imports more expensive.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: andy06shake

The issue is lack of foreign currency reserves. They can cover their internal deficit by creating more money but the danger is that the exchange rate declines further making essential imports more expensive.

They survived Stalin and Hitler, they survived Yeltsin. They uprooted wahhabi terrorists implanted by ... Saudi Arabia ... to Chechnya. They are successfully fighting wahhabi jihadists in Syria financed (at least) by Saudi Arabia. Who will win this race to bottom? Mighty Kingdom or barbaric Orcs?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I can only imagine what Russia cemsors form the internet as it has always been a country with censorship.
I read awhile back of a popular TV program that gives extra attention to what opposition and outside media is saying about Russia . Turns out that it is quite entertaining to the populace as the Russian people are quite acute to what propaganda is as they had to live through it . CNN in the OP as a source is known in the west to be a state propaganda outlet as well as the other MSM outlets . I wouldn't worry too much about the Russians having some financial difficulties as most of the west has their own issues . think Greece of other EU countries or even Britain who decided to break away from the EU . And then there is that welfare state over in the ME that just got a big welfare check from uncle sam .

Russia is doing what it should have done years ago in spreading their economy around and will soon be much bigger in the agriculture industry .Too bad for EU farmers as they lost the Russia market and have had to bite that bullet .Russia wanted to be a part of the west but it seems that Washington doesn't want that and has put its vassal states on notice to stop doing business with them . It will all work out in the end though .

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
I wouldn't worry too much about the Russians having some financial difficulties

Are you serious? Russia has a welfare fund of just $70 billion for a nation of more than 140 million people. Inflation has risen above 12% and the economy has been in recession for the past 18 months.

They're screwed.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
Funny that they never really cover BRICS!?

BRICS - Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa.
edit on 22-9-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Around a year ago the Chinese leader while attending the Russian celebrations of WW2 said that they would help Russia out what ever way they could . Putin's ace in the whole is China when it comes to finance imo .Russia has gas futures and pipelines heading in that direction . The Russia people know that they have to bite the bullet so to speak because of Washington's push for sanctions and because of the oil prices being manipulated . It cant last for ever and as the Saudis own economy slides the bottom gets closer .

The big carrot of pipelines going though Syria/Kurdastan to the EU might not happen and that would spell the end for SA and Qatar .They wont be able to compete with Russian pipelines in the future .The EU will need gas and Russia is not going anywhere so the future will recover for them .

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Bricks is a failure, commodity based economies and hurting. Look at a few like brazil and venezuela, they are bankrupt.

Russian is not in good shape either. China is having issues cuz they depend on western companies for jobs, and there is a recession. China took on alot of debt also. Especially building those ghost cities no one lives in and cant afford to buy in china. Indias banks also having problems, they took on too much debt also.

Bricks is dependent on a healthy economic market by the west to provide jobs for bricks nations and buy their commodities. Whe commodity prices are low like oil, gas, and other commodities, those countries get in trouble as we are seeing in brazil and venezuela.

Also chinas problem is they are dependent on europe and north america for jobs and to keep their factories running. And its low end stuff they make cuz they started stealing and counterfeiting higher end stuff so companies only make low end products in china. Its why japan already started moving most of their factories out of china and into other asian countries. And why the chinese government allows demonstrations in front of the japanese embassy. No reported but things are bad in china also where factories shutting down, and people jumping off high rise buildings.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join