It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magician Penn Jillette Worked With Trump & Reveals He’s Worse Than You Think

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
In spite of his rather intimidating (6'6") height and cultivated diabolic beard, Penn Jillette is actually a pretty nice guy and easy to get along with. Although he has a few kind words for Trump, his whole opinion of Trump-As-President is ‘However bad you think he is, he’s worse!"

Gillespie asked Jillette what would bother him about a Trump presidency:

‘I think he doesn’t really have strong convictions and sense of right and wrong. He’s not really, really smart. He’s not stupid, you know. He’s not a dumb guy, but he’s not smart like presidents are smart.’

Jillette’s politics run to the Libertarian party, so he isn’t all that excited about Republicans or Democrats. But, when his friends talk about Trump, he says:

‘However bad you think he is, he’s worse!
Source

So he's voting Gary Johnson.

(N.B. I did try to find an article that was written better than this one (it's a real mess) but this, sadly, was the best of the lot. They all report the same words but this one has a video for those of you who like to watch.)

Bottom line: he finds Trump personally charming but not someone who's capable of being an effective President.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Well this revealing news could easily bring in at least 100 votes for Johnson.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The horse's mouth,

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Well Pete the cat is smarter than Shillary so I'm voting Trump.

By the way any billionaire is at least as smart if not smarter than our dumbest President.

Oh and Penn is the big dumb one of the two, Teller is the brains of the operation so to Hell with what Penn thinks he is as dumb as a box of rocks. You might just as well ask your dog's opinion on Trump.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Which means, however good we think he is, he's even better!

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I wasn't gonna vote for trump but a magician just helped me make up my mind.

is the election over yet?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
From your source:

originally posted by: Byrd
I think he doesn’t really have strong convictions and sense of right and wrong.

This is what bothers me about Trump.

When I met my husband, I was working in an adjacent cubicle and could hear his conversations over the wall. The thing that most impressed me was his strength of conviction, oddly, about the second amendment. I disagreed with him at the time, but his passion about the topic garnered my respect.

Trump goes from one extreme to the other on issues, I'm assuming to gather voters under an umbrella, but what this waffling shows, is that he doesn't really believe in ANYTHING. He's just looking for the applause. In front of one group, he boasts about building a wall. For another group, he talks of kindness and fairness in immigration. On Twitter, he posts racist memes. In the black church, he is understanding and respectful to blacks. He doesn't REALLY feel one way or another. He just talks. It's all for the instant gratification. He's an approval suck.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Don't get wrong I like Penn but this isn't really newanna considering the horrible things about Clinton's

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
What did Teller have to say?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I lost all respect for Penn when he said that anyone who doesn't believe the official story of 9/11 is a moron.

So his opinion on Trump means nothing to me.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Well this revealing news could easily bring in at least 100 votes for Johnson.

That key "comedian/magician" demographic.

I cannot imagine anyone caring what "Penn" thinks about anything whatsoever.

We're nearly to the bottom of the barrel here it seems.

Can we maybe see how Howie Mandell feels next?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
I lost all respect for Penn when he said that anyone who doesn't believe the official story of 9/11 is a moron.

Bingo.

Forgot about that.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

He just talks. It's all for the instant gratification. He's an approval suck.

Doesn't that describe 95% of politicians? They'll say anything, pander to anybody, and sell what little principles they have for votes.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I second that brother.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I can't find where he said that, BUT... It's not important WHO said this about Trump, but is there any truth to it? No one is right 100% of the time. So, if Penn made an uninformed statement about 9/11, that means nothing else he ever says can or should be discussed, rather discounted out of hand? Kind if like he discounted 9/11 truth??

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

so penn is a limelight attention seeker who is jealous of trumps success. No shortage of those!

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
My goodness without The Daily Show most of you have to find another comedian to get your political news from? How about just watch the SNL weekly update.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Gillette has gotten miserable since he lost 100 lbs.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
From your source:

originally posted by: Byrd
I think he doesn’t really have strong convictions and sense of right and wrong.

On Twitter, he posts racist memes.

Show me.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Since when were Presidents smart?

The stammering fool we currently have?
Ol' fool me twice GW?
Slick Willy?
Mr. Rogers?
I don't have any funny nicknames for Reagan.
The peanut farmer?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join