It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protests erupt after man killed in officer-involved shooting in Charlotte

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: verylowfrequency

I think you generalize here pretty bad. There was a legal action taken against the suspect and he didn't got shot because he had a known past - but because he drew a gun. There are enough independent eye witnesses of that shooting that already confirmed that without having straight police evidence.

Whats more intriguing is that the protest happened almost immediately after the shooting was done even when facts / emotions /etc were not even known yet.

How did that happen? Are there people waiting in buses on every corner just in case there is a shooting - always ready to protest?

Nahh - something is up there - emotions are rallied up against everyone. Everyone is sold out at these events - no justice will ever come out of this behavior - only more separation and more anger and more emotions and more killings and more people paying the price of the stupidity of criminals.

Criminals own this country at this point!

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Idiots shoot each other, a man is lying bleeding in the street. Now they want 911! Well, guess what? That scene is unsafe and will not be entered by EMS personnel until controlled by the police. Don't think there were too many brain cells to save anyway...

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: verylowfrequency

Because its evidence and as such can be restricted until such time as charges are filed or the officer is cleared of any wrongdoing.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Hello all--it's getting on nightfall here in the Carolinas and unfortunately it looks as if tonite is not gonna be protest free. Let us just hope it will be riot and mayhem free as the National Guard is indeed in the Queen City ready to be deployed if needed.
Here's what's been going on so far per news feeds/twitter etc:

Many events have been canceled: Link
Convention this weekend/arts & performance events/charity events

The real biggie of concern is the NFL game Sunday btwn the Panthers and the Vikings as the stadium is uptown where last nights riots/looting was. Hats off to my Panthers for going public and asking for calm and to stop the mayhem

Most uptown banks ad biz were closed this am telling their folks to work from home instead.

In an unsetting twist shop/biz owners in/around the SouthPark Mall have closed early and let employees go home early -this was around 5:30pm today amid rumors it was going to be the site of tonites protest. For those of you not from around here--SouthPark Mall is a very high end ritzy mall -ie Macy's, Nieman Marcus, Nordstom-you get the idea (stuff I can only dream of owning!!) located south of uptown btwn the old $$$ swank (and beautiful) neighborhood Myers Park and the nationally renowned Quail Hollow Golf Course. The owners of the mall put out a statement that the mall property was private property and as such no protests were allowed.

So...#1 If protest erupts there you know it ain't gonna be for no political social justice reform --it's gonna be a repeat of outside agitators/gang bangers looking to hit the jackpot
#2 it's private property--it's more than likey going to be closed-if you're there you will be arrested for sure

UPDATE: Now more retail areas are closing early - Ballantyne Villiage -another swank high end area south of uptown

The Scott family and their bevy of lawyers have seen what ever video evidence CMPD has of the shooting. All this mess has been 'cause the family insisted Scott DID NOT have a gun; this is what their lawyers said after viewing the evidence:

JUST IN: #KeithLamontScott family just reviewed police shooting video; asked if video supports police, attorneys say "no comment" @wsoctv

DeShawn Brown WSOC

UPDATE: the lawyers have now released a statement and are asking CMPD to release the videos (there were 2) to the public --it can be seen on Ms. Brown twitter feed link above. (can't get a screen cap of it -when I can fig out tech dif I'll try to post)
Basiclly it reiterates what police chief has said

CMPD chief: Video provides no ‘definitive’ evidence that victim pointed gun before officer shot him

The guy shot last night, Justin Carr, has now really died, for 2nd time.

Prayer vigils at Romare Bearden Park in uptown started about 6pm?
Now have moved to the streets

#CLTProtest moves up Tryon. "shut it down!"
Source
And we're on CNN yet again. Day 3
Damn.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

So let me get this straight. A black cop kills a black man and Charlotte goes into a race riot where a black man kills another black man while protesting against black white people killing black people.
edit on 22-9-2016 by TheFlyOnTheWall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I'm sorry, this %$#@ pisses me off. If idiots last night AND the night before didn't trash the place, riot and mayhem, THERE WOULD NOT BE THE NEED FOR THE NATIONAL GAURD

I'm all for peaceful protest and definitely for free speech but shutting down a major transit hwy by burning a semi truck full of merchandise and terrorizing/ assaulting citizens, looting businesses falls way out of bounds of my idea of peaceful protest and free speech ideals. It's criminal behavior pure and simple.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Thanks for the update SC, all good to know. Such a shame

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
After saying earlier that there would not be a curfew Mayor now says

BREAKING: Mayor signs paperwork to establish a curfew tonight. It will go into effect at midnight.

WSOC

NBC Live Feed

Protesters are confronting NG at steps of either Fed Bldg or Courthouse -can't tell --it's the gov center

edit on 22-9-2016 by SCGrits because: it's the gov center

edit on 22-9-2016 by SCGrits because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The man who was shot last night has died.

Protesters are gathered around the jail, wanting the release of the shooting video.

twitter.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Youtube feed ^^

www.broadcastify.com...

Scanner ^^

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SCGrits

Call me crazy, but I'm getting the impression that the proverbial "they" want us to get very accustomed to seeing armed soldiers in the streets.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Seems Charlotte's ministers are taking a page out of Charleston's playbook
Minister's of all faith's are wearing yellow arm bands, walking with protesters, even standing in front of cops & NG facing agitators, putting themselves between the agitators and cops/NG.

The Billy Graham Ministry chaplains are out in force with orange vests

So far its been calm and peaceful protest march

Only an hour and half left till curfew at midnight.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
They've moved to the Bank of America stadium where the National Guard is posted up.

Also, the city of Charlotte was hacked last night. Today their are claims that the got some pertinent info. I'm trying to find anything else confirming this.

twitter.com...

The protesters' wrath extended into cyberspace, as well: WSOC reported that the city of Charlotte's website had been hacked Wednesday evening.

abcnews.go.com...

Just a blurb.
edit on 22-9-2016 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Aw hell they're on i277 again; police line moving them off, most effectively I might add, by pincher movement!!
some stragglers though

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Tear gas deployed. 1.5 hours till curfew.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: flyandi
Have you seen any news article that actually explained what happened???

It's deeply buried. It took me got 5min to find a "ok" report about the actual situation.

So a search warrant was served, guy has a firearm and has no issues showing it - get shot by officers of color - aka black cops!

Whole Charlotte goes bezerk!!!

I don't respect these people. They have no right to protest. They have no right of being angry. Anyone participating should be fined .. or better - their taxes get raised.. or better if they participate - take away their social services ...

I don't know - put people back to their sanity!!!

You need to find a better article.

Police were serving a warrant and noticed a guy in his car. They state he had a gun. Witnesses state he had a book.

He exits the car and asks what's the problem. They request he approach which he does. There's a few words the WITNESSES couldn't make out and then they shoot him. The witness clearly see a white officer shoot him. Up to 15 minutes later a black officer arrives in scene and the narrative is HE shot the guy.

And I get my info from people there.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: flyandi

Show me a witness who said the guy had a gun...

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

A criminal nation only respects criminal responses.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI
Hey Jin! Per local live news on tv it seems the few rouge elements -50-75 ppl- trying to get on i277 were met w/stiff opposition from LEO's-tear gas and rubber bullets. In other words-interstate is a no go zone.

The bulk of the protesters are up town--still - near Hyatt hotel--still peaceful

about 30 min till curfew

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
So this is eerie. There is a countdown clock going.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join