It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Protests erupt after man killed in officer-involved shooting in Charlotte

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Video from WCCB-TV in Charlotte showed police in riot gear stretched across a two-lane road confronting protesters at the apartment complex later in the night. Some of the officers flanked the main line on one side of the road.

Some protesters were heard yelling “Black lives matter,” and “Hands up, don’t shoot!” One person held up a sign saying “Stop Killing Us.”

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department said on Twitter that several officers were injured during the protests.

Protests erupt after man killed in officer-involved shooting in Charlotte

Things are starting to boil over in Charlotte NC. 12 officers hurt.

This is still ongoing. Stay safe.

Live Feed
edit on 21-9-2016 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

UPDATE: 1:50am EST 1 officer and 1 protester, both non life threatening injuries. Estimated 700 protesters.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

wow it's getting out of hand now. Recently it was NY i believe. Will be watching this one, thanks!

good informative post!

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

I can't help but feel like the protesters are being pushed given the way the information is doled out. Just enough to get people fired up without all of the facts.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

edit on 21-9-2016 by JinMI because: NM

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Ah sh!t...here we go...

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I'm getting previously aired material in a live newscast in the link I provided.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
I'm getting previously aired material in a live newscast in the link I provided.

Wait...what? Like it's supposed to be live but isn't?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I'm not absolutely sure. It says live, and it's a feed. There is a caption box stating previously aired. Now that could be seconds ago or minutes ago, not sure. Just an FYI to whomever may check it out.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I'm not absolutely sure. It says live, and it's a feed. There is a caption box stating previously aired. Now that could be seconds ago or minutes ago, not sure. Just an FYI to whomever may check it out.

Hmm...that sounds sketchy to me a little bit. After the Hillary live feed wtf the other day, things like that seem off to me. Of course it's probably normal. Perfectly ordinary.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

You may now rejoin your regularly scheduled programming.

It's from tonight...sometime. That's all I can say for certain.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

It's going on right now. I've been talking to people who are there.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Tear gas has been used over the last few hours and another officer with non life threatening injuries has been reported.

One protester with the same status also.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: mus8472

Oh I don't doubt it. Just the feed I'm getting.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Well I guess we'll have riots in NC now. I never understood how robbing and burning down your own neighborhood benefited people. It seems blatantly counter productive. Maybe these protestors won't be like the ones in Ferguson or Baltimore.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Any kind of inside info? How many people? Who are the agitators? It seemed to start peaceful. Also hear the police dismissed uniformed officers and replaced with officers in riot gear before it got rowdy.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I work in emergency services and talked to some who are there. All i know is that undercovers were looking for a guy to serve a warrent and this other guy pulled a gun on them. They killed him. The officer who shot hom was black. They have the gun in evidence. A family member of his stayed on scene and kept hasseling the cops and it escalated. I know they are calling in everyone they can on the EMS side. I don't know how many protesters now but they've got a big chunk of the city shut down and one of the hospitals on lockdown.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Interesting. I imagine they are only on standby for worst case scenario. From the reports I've been reading, people hurt is only 2 since the protest started and 12 officers hurt.

Stay safe and thanks for the info!

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
G # damn another one?

originally posted by: mus8472

I work in emergency services and talked to some who are there. All i know is that undercovers were looking for a guy to serve a warrent and this other guy pulled a gun on them. They killed him. The officer who shot hom was black. They have the gun in evidence. A family member of his stayed on scene and kept hasseling the cops and it escalated. I know they are calling in everyone they can on the EMS side. I don't know how many protesters now but they've got a big chunk of the city shut down and one of the hospitals on lockdown.

Thanks for your personal update on the situation. Can't keep up anymore.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
To anyone watching the local news feed, it's going through some kind of weird loop. IT'S NOT LIVE. I don't know what exactly is happening here.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Yeah that's what it looks like. Facts are important, most people forget that..

it would solve so many issues if they addressed that first.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join