It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LT Higgins Louisiana sheriff calls out gangs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This guy does a pretty motivating speech in this video and has a very diverse group of law enforcement standing behind him.

I think this is good for public relations and a way for the actual community to rebuild relations and begin a better dialogue with people who just want to protect them.

It's sad that the police have to be political pawns for out of control government policy and outdated management systems.
edit on 20-9-2016 by Darkmadness because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
In dealing with gangs...we need a citizens zero tolerance society OR Vigalante's which ever you prefer.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

I agree. I can't stand the acceptance of all this mafia culture and corrupt activity going on.
edit on 20-9-2016 by Darkmadness because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
In dealing with gangs...we need a citizens zero tolerance society OR Vigalante's which ever you prefer.

Careful what you wish for in calling for vigilantism. Look at whats happening in the Phillipines and Dutertes call for citizens to summarily execute drug dealers. Thousands have died with no due process, innocent AND guilty alike, and the U.N. has condemned his policies.

Not saying that these gangs don't have to be dealt with. Please don't get me wrong. Although I admit I do not have the same understanding here in Australia of gang violence as you guys in America do, we simply dont have that here on the scale you have there - but approach the issue with caution and logic, don't just go for knee-jerk reactions that could potentially get innocent people killed.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
LT Higgins was "forced" to resign due to this video.

The PC police got to him...

www.katc.com...
edit on 20-9-2016 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness

I think they could have put out more powerful message not holding a gun...now it's a bigger game of cat and mouse..you just elevated the status of those gang bangers ten fold..they are now celebrities..

I think it would have been more effective if you had the citizens along with the community leaders speak up with the cops in the background for support...the citizens should be saying that they want their community back..

To me this was embarrassing...

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

Good point.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
LT Higgins was "forced" to resign due to this video.

The PC police got to him...

www.katc.com...

Clay Higgins had just received a promotion to capt. when he was fired. He was the crimestoppers spokes man and is very popular in the community.
Higgins is now running for congress. Leftys and criminals hate him. He wears a Stetson and carries a .45 and a bible.
I cannot stand to see him wear a winter hat when it's 96 degrees outside but aside from that he is very entertaining
and seems to be sincere and honest. His crimestopper PSAs are awesome.

edit on 20-9-2016 by ezramullins because: duh

new topics

top topics

join