It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montage: 11 Times Obama Talked Down the U.S. in His Final U.N. Address

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
People need to realize Obama is on his last leg now.

He will do as much damage as possible to make it difficult for the next Administration regardless who it is.

He won't consider the damage to the majority of Citizens either. The more the better in his mind.

Everyone needs to be very careful of Obama's sneaky tricks.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: WhateverYouSay

I pointed out that Grambler did not discount the message, but was pointing out some hypocritical behavior in the messenger, thus your appeal to tu quoque was a fail.

I think you are seeing what you expect to see due to CB, and are jumping the gun, it happens a lot on ATS and we are all susceptible to it.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
1-8 are 100% true though...........

Lies.
USA! USA! USA!

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I am out of time but I can answer one part right now. Obama called his speech dark and pessimistic, not because it was identifying flaws but because it made it sound like there was a paradise in the past and that it's all gone wrong, when Obama has been identifying things that are problems in need of fixing but have been problems for long periods of time.

Obama characterized his speech as, ""This idea that America is somehow on the verge of collapse, this vision of violence and chaos everywhere, doesn't really jibe with the experience of most people." Which I addressed with cited facts in my previous post.

The idea that we're in collapse is fear mongering, and it's Trumps bread and butter.

For what it's worth, you say I agree with many of Trumps identification of problems, I think if you reread you'll notice that Trumps main selling points are the ones I disagree with - such as illegal immigration, increasingly heavy handed police tactics, tax breaks for the richest, and you left out some of the most important like global warming.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CatandtheHatchet

I pointed out that Grambler did not discount the message, but was pointing out some hypocritical behavior in the messenger, thus your appeal to tu quoque was a fail.

I think you are seeing what you expect to see due to CB, and are jumping the gun, it happens a lot on ATS and we are all susceptible to it.

Sorry but if you claim someone is "talking down to you" you're not going to listen to the message. It's tu quoque.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay
a reply to: Grambler

I am out of time but I can answer one part right now. Obama called his speech dark and pessimistic, not because it was identifying flaws but because it made it sound like there was a paradise in the past and that it's all gone wrong, when Obama has been identifying things that are problems in need of fixing but have been problems for long periods of time.

Obama characterized his speech as, ""This idea that America is somehow on the verge of collapse, this vision of violence and chaos everywhere, doesn't really jibe with the experience of most people." Which I addressed with cited facts in my previous post.

The idea that we're in collapse is fear mongering, and it's Trumps bread and butter.

For what it's worth, you say I agree with many of Trumps identification of problems, I think if you reread you'll notice that Trumps main selling points are the ones I disagree with - such as illegal immigration, increasingly heavy handed police tactics, tax breaks for the richest, and you left out some of the most important like global warming.

I have no problem with you disagreeing with the op. I clearly disagree with you. But coming in making personal attacks, and then claiming the thread is garbage because it takes away from looking at issues is ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
People need to realize Obama is on his last leg now.

He will do as much damage as possible to make it difficult for the next Administration regardless who it is.

He won't consider the damage to the majority of Citizens either. The more the better in his mind.

Everyone needs to be very careful of Obama's sneaky tricks.

He will do as much damage as he can then uphold his treason from the highest court in the land....

Remember the Clinton way: bribe and/or kill

Let's see...Obama forced, I mean asked, Bernie to get out of the race...why? Well, the answer is obvious....
Bernie now enjoys life from his lakefront mansion in Vermont [bribe]
Obama will be appointed to the Supreme Court and get to judge America in perpetuity...what's more fun for a community organizer whose sensibilities were shaped in the Islamic madrassa culture of southeast Asia(Indonesia)...[bribe]

-Chris

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Sorry but if you claim someone is "talking down to you" you're not going to listen to the message. It's tu quoque.

However Grambler addressed what Obama said even agreeing on some of the points, to do this they had to have listened to the message.

Thus to point out the behavior of the messenger was not tu quoque as the message was not being dismissed out of hand due to the hypocrisy of the messenger.

Our we in a circle?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CatandtheHatchet

I will reply to this later because this is the only thing I find interesting about the thread.

Ok, here it is. With tu quoque you can either make the conclusions wrong or irrelevant, it is the latter in this point. By the first post the arguments have already been dismissed, and is putting the conclusion before the arguments which occurred in his lengthy post. The title of the thread is not "Obama is a hypocrite", it is "Obama talks down the US", which both sets the theme and provides evidence for why it should be dismissed.

Whether or not this was intentionally committed by Grambler I don't know, but it probably was not intentional. I would argue this form of tu quoque *is* actually intentional by those in power.
edit on 20-9-2016 by WhateverYouSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay
a reply to: CatandtheHatchet

I will reply to this later because this is the only thing I find interesting about the thread.

Ok, here it is. With tu quoque you can either make the conclusions wrong or irrelevant, it is the latter in this point. By the first post the arguments have already been dismissed, and is putting the conclusion before the arguments which occurred in his lengthy post. The title of the thread is not "Obama is a hypocrite", it is "Obama talks down the US", which both sets the theme and provides evidence for why it should be dismissed.

Whether or not this was intentionally committed by Grambler I don't know, but it probably was not intentional. I would argue this form of tu quoque *is* actually intentional by those in power.

As per the site rules on the breaking news forum, I kept the title of the original article.

So your criticism is with the writer of the article, not me (makes me wonder if you read the article, hmm.). And guess what, they don't mention the term hypocrite at all.

Thus, your use of the term "tu quoque" is in fact incorrect.

Also, I went through everyone one of the points and gave my thoughts on them, I never claimed Obamas points were irrelevant.

Care to respond to why an issue focused person such as yourself came into this thread just making personal insults yet, or are you just gonna ignore that?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This President cannot put together 2 sentences that follow the same subject. He skips around worse than a first grader. Obama seriously should have kept the teleprompter and the scripted speeches / Let someone else do the critical thinking for him.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join