It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interview with a 10 year old who talks about being gender non-binary

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReprobateRaccoon

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Born female? Question answered.

Please elaborate on your comment... I was born female too. Is that comment directed at all women/girls, or just the ones who don't conform to your social expectations?

It's a scientific comment based in biology. No social expectations at all. In many ways I'm more 'stereotypically feminine' that my wife, Ketsuko. But I'm a male. It's not that complicated.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I'm losing track of all the labels people come up with for mental disorders pertaining to sexual identity.

I suppose we'll need to add another couple of letters (for "non-binary") to our favorite acronym:

LGBTQPNB

Pretty soon we'll have the entire alphabet rearranged. The Big Gay Alphabet.

Wait. "B" is in there twice. Now I'm really confused.
edit on 9/19/16 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

Child abuse, they should take that child away from those parents.

It's mental abuse, strong attacks on the child's own gender and personality.

Absolutely pathetic to treat a child like this, no sense of sexuality in life at 10, they should be children not liberal community projects.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReprobateRaccoon

Please elaborate on your comment... I was born female too. Is that comment directed at all women/girls, or just the ones who don't conform to your social expectations?

I don't think it can be any more accurate than those four words, is there any confusion ?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

One day I'll get the hang of this posting method. This is the answer to the above question

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The child needs rescued from their parents.

Incidentally any teacher who promotes this in schools to pre-teens should face criminal charges.

I wonder when not accepting, but promoting mental illness became acceptable?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: ReprobateRaccoon

Considering he's married to me, and I'm about as unfeminine as women come ...

That mental image is a little more than my sensibilities can take. You can just imagine.....

In many ways I'm more 'stereotypically feminine' that my wife, Ketsuko. But I'm a male. It's not that complicated.

edit on 19-9-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

It's a scientific comment based in biology.

What do you call the hermaphrodites?
edit on 9/19/2016 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
I'm losing track of all the labels people come up with for mental disorders pertaining to sexual identity.

I suppose we'll need to add another couple of letters (for "non-binary") to our favorite acronym:

LGBTQPNB

Pretty soon we'll have the entire alphabet rearranged. The Big Gay Alphabet.

Wait. "B" is in there twice. Now I'm really confused.

but the thing about LBGTQ is Q stands for Queer. But LBGT is already queer, then there's the 2 which I have no idea what that's for. LBGTQ2? Then now there's cis gendered which I recently learned means people who are male/female born as a male or female with no LBGTQ2 qualities. Or in other words, straight. So straight people are Cis gendered. Gee, thanks for the label from a class of people who are against labeling or stereotyping. Now I'm a cis.

This whole thing is just getting stupid. And as for the kid? Messed up from Mommy.Having children should come with an IQ test and serious vetting.
edit on 19-9-2016 by TheFlyOnTheWall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

a hermaphrodite
edit on 19-9-2016 by TheFlyOnTheWall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheFlyOnTheWall

a hermaphrodite

Not a male or a female?

BTW I wasn't asking you.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

a hermaphrodite

Not a male or a female?

BTW I wasn't asking you.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
This child is so confused. I feel like crying for her/him. Parents can really mess up a kid's mind and not even realize they are doing it.

This article pretty much sums it up:

Gender Ideology Harms Children

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

1. Human sexuality is an objective biological binary trait: “XY” and “XX” are genetic markers of male and female, respectively – not genetic markers of a disorder.

You do understand that there is more than XX and XY?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Thanks for a thoughtful post.

I'm just going to contribute that science is discovering the brain has far more to do with who we are then once believed.

The Brain, not body parts, tells you who you are attracted to and what gender you identify with (which can be both).

Recently read: the body, brain, chemicals can change as our bodies evolve. The brain can fluctuate in determining who we are and who we are attracted to.

I commend his parents for letting him be who he determines he is.

I hope you continue to learn in this area. And ignore the nonsense.

edit on 19-9-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

but the thing about LBGTQ is Q stands for Queer. But LBGT is already queer, . . .

Q = questioning

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

I think personally for children it is probably just a game. They don't know or understand what all of this implies and how the world viewed this topic prior to their decision to enter it. What I mean is I don't think they take it all nearly as seriously as we do as adults. To them with their short life experience they think this is standard and probably can't see the issues facing them 10-20 years down the road. They aren't even thinking about really factoring in the future because they can't.

I don't know what this will turn into. I don't know if it will turn out to be a negative or positive thing for society as a whole. Not that I think that should make a difference in individual choices but either way it will affect society in the long run, it already is on the short term for our public school system and federal funding in the US. All of this is politics aside.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

My daughter tells me every day that the other boys put Eric through the ringer. That hes always crying, and upset, getting beat on by groups of boys.

What's wrong with the school?

The child should be protected.

And she doesn't "think" she's a girl - - she is a girl (in the wrong packaging).
edit on 19-9-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
What's wrong with the school?

The child should be protected.

Pfft. I used to get bullied fiercely at school..for wearing knock off jeans (if you weren't wearing levi's back then, you were a target for the fashion bullys).

protection..only if you lock each kid individually into some sort of honeycomb prison..all kids will be horrible to anyone with any differences shown..its part of the learning process, group think, etc etc etc...been going on since people were in caves, and will continue on until we lose our liberty to associate and speak freely.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I do not understand why people think gender is binary.

There are 3 genders and always have been. female, male, and intersex.
en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join