It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI and NYPD Arrest 5 People in Bombings -MORE Explosives Found in NJ Train Station

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
breaking911

A large NYPD and FBI operation took place in Brooklyn near the Verazzno Bridge on Sunday night.
Eyewitnesses tell B911 that several NYPD officers in swat gear armed with rifles had a vehicle stopped on the Belt Parkway.
As many as five people were taken in custody after the FBI called for NYPD backup, CBS New York reported.
It is unknown if this incident has any connection to the bombings in Manhattan on Saturday night but Senator Marty Golden said on Instagram, the arrests are due to a “possible connection to the bombing last night in Chelsea.”

Eyewitness accounts on twitter say some 30 unmarked vehicles and 10 marked had the vehicle stopped. Others are saying that those arrested were in Muslim garb.

Looks like they may have caught the bastards!

Twitter Feed

Edit: Updates on explosives below

Ghost
edit on 18-9-2016 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Muslim garb = Muslim grab. Sounds like desperation profiling to make Trump look good.

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Muslim garb = Muslim grab. Sounds like desperation profiling to make Trump look good.

That doesn't even make sense.

Try again.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Looks like it could well be connected to a supposed pipe bomb that was found just tonight in New Jersey. Lots of train delays for the past couple hours while they are sending in robots. Twitter is going crazy with this, but I have yet to see it on MSM.

NJ Local News

Emergency responders are in the area of North Broad and Westfield Avenue for reports of a suspicious item found according to reports.

The device is being reported as a possible pipe bomb but has not been confirmed at this time.

Police are evacuating and securing the area around the Northeast Corridor train line as service has been temporarily suspended in both directions.

UPDATE 9:29 p.m. Police are searching the train tracks near West Grand Street.
UPDATE 9:55 p.m. Hazmat has been requested to the scene.
UPDATE 10:25 p.m. Area businesses have been reportedly ordered to shut down and evacuate the area as bomb technicians have a robot operating at this time.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The lone wolf narrative won't work this time.

Federal agents busted five people in Brooklyn in a possible connection to the Chelsea bombing after finding a bomb cache at a New Jersey train station late Sunday, law enforcement sources said.

The suspects were busted with a weapons stash inside a SUV along the Belt Parkway after authorities discovered three pipe bombs and two smaller devices at a train station in Elizabeth, the source said.

An Instagram account for New York State Sen. Marty Golden, citing the NYPD, said the FBI made arrests “with a possible connection to the bombing” on the Belt Parkway near the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge in Brooklyn at around 9:30 p.m.

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Try again.

You're right. I've had a chance to digest the updated news at the Twitter feed now. I was merely reacting Ghostrager's words. Usually Islamic terrorists here in the USA try to "blend in". When the O.P. said that they had on Muslim garb, the first words that came to my mind were, "profiling", "desperate to grab someone", and "Trump was Right...again".
edit on 9/18/2016 by carewemust because: see above

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I am sure these people are NRA members who fly Confederate Flags.

I wounded what Kapernick thinks about this? Ok, I don't care what the Kap thinks

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

I think this is something Kapernick would finally stand for,,especially if cops are hurt locatimg and disarming pipe bombs.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Try again.

You're right. I've had a chance to digest the updated news at the Twitter feed now. I was merely reacting Ghostrager's words. Usually Islamic terrorists here in the USA try to "blend in". When the O.P. said that they had on Muslim garb, the first words that came to my mind were, "profiling", "desperate to grab someone", and "Trump was Right...again".

Muslim garb is pretty commonplace in NY these days. Even in the early 2000s when I drove truck there regularly it was so.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

This site is claiming there were 3 bombs at the NJ train station along with 2 other devices. They are also saying the people arrested had weapons in the vehicle.

NYDAILYNEWS

Federal agents busted five people in Brooklyn in a possible connection to the Chelsea bombing late Sunday, law enforcement sources said.

The suspects were busted with a weapons stash inside an SUV along the Belt Parkway eastbound lanes.

Meanwhile, authorities discovered three pipe bombs and two smaller devices at a train station in Elizabeth
, shuttering train service along the Northeast Corridor from Newark Airport due to the police investigation.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Actually Trump was one of the few that did not speculate. He just stated a bomb had went off shortly after he dot off the plane

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I hope they have the right people! All of them, preferably. Once verified, investigate everyone involved with them, because there will be a network!

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Looks like the FBI has taken control of the trains.

#Amtrak twitter

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Sounds like there could have been more arrests then juse the first 5. This was a HUGE bust. It looks like an ISIS sleeper cell.

Scary part is it might be bigger and there could be more members.

Uber is overloaded and people are standing around trying to find rides since all the trains are shut down.
edit on 19-9-2016 by ghostrager because: Wrong pic

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Looks like the bomb in Elizabeth NJ train station went off!

Explosion in Train Station

A large explosion was heard in New Jersey early Monday near the scene where a suspicious package appearing to contain pipe bombs had been discovered near the Elizabeth transit station.

No damage was immediately visible, but a light odor of what smelled like gunpowder wafted through the air.

There was no immediate word from authorities on whether the explosion might have been a controlled detonation of the device found a few hours earlier, but no warning of such a blast was given beforehand, and officers in front of a yellow police line at the station were startled by the explosion.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Sounds like they're "teasing" the authorities. Putting them and the public on pins-and-needles before Monday rush hour, in the most populated metro area of the country.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

It was not a controlled detonation.

Poor robot.

I hope no officers were injured.

An explosion was heard at the Elizabeth train station early Monday, where local and federal authorities were investigating a suspicious package.

The blast went off as a bomb robot was examining a device inside a backpack under the train tracks around 12:40 a.m. at Morris Avenue and Julian Place, a law enforcement source told NJ Advance Media. The explosion was not a controlled blast, the source said. There were no immediate reports of injuries or major damage.

www.nj.com...

edit on 19-9-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

It's too bad that the Obama-Hillary administration outlawed torture. Terrorists aren't afraid of "time outs" as punishment. Americans need new, tough leadership.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

If it wasn't a controlled detonation, that's concerning. The other bombs used cell phones that would be called to make them detonate.

Since they had made arrests before the explosion, there could be other members of the cell still active that called the phone.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join