It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can any one explain this please?.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: saracene

Roxy is my avatar now.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: AceWombat04

They will stop and stare at seemingly empty space.

As well as, from full repose, levitating vertically, running down the hall and back, and returning to their resting spot.

Mine does that anyway. Ghost mice?

Lmao yes. Especially at night. I call this "the gallops."

Peace.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

What a very, very pretty kitty.
I suggest you get to a shelter and get a kitten. If you think the others would tolerate it.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I would love to but at I still have 2 of her boys and a not very friendly black kitty. LOL

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

disposing of bio hazardous waste in an improper manner is an equally serious offense. Having volunteered and done community service at animal shelters, the popular opinion of staff and vets is burial at least 18+inches deep or cremation for small animals if your in an urban environment.

Bio hazardous waste attracts animals that carry disease and may also attack humans. All citizens are advised to contact local animal services for resources to disposing of animal carcasses and are discouraged from improperly disposing of bio hazardous waste.

Any adult human being can handle this task with very minimal effort, especially if it were really such a cherished member of the family. If the individual is disabled, my sincere apology. But adults get things done.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Thank you. She was very pretty and very friendly. Neighbors actually asked me if they could have her(back in albuquerque). I am in phoenix now. Btw, this pic of her was about 4 years ago when she was a healthy young girl.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Ty. Done with the pain. Too painful to see your loved pet die.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Yes.
I've said goodbye to two golden retrievers, several cats, and a month ago, Hanji (a fancy rat).

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
You know guys, talking to you has made me feel better. I know my little girl is gone but most of you have been very supportive and I really appreciate that. Perhaps ATS should create a forum where members give comfort to other members who might have lost a loved one, be it pet or a close relative or friend. Just a thought.
edit on 17-9-2016 by saracene because: wanted to add some more things.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

You know Phage, you r very good with physics, so if u r available, I would really love to ask u a few questions. You seem to be the guru of ATS. LOL.

Regarding my little Roxy. I do not know. Do any one of us know. Our believe is based on conjecture and some hope.

Did my roxy, just like all of us expire and that was the end?.. I really hope note but all we do is rely on belief.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Although my beliefs may be different than others i do not see death as the end and perhaps you shall see your Roxy again one day.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Talk to her when you see your other cat looking intently at one spot. If she's there, she will hear you. And definitely spend extra time with the remaining pet, because they grieve just as much as we do. Cats especially...they groom each other and snuggle together...when that constant comfort is suddenly gone, it can be very traumatic for the ones left behind.

I am a rescuer, and I've lost many beloved creatures. It never gets any easier, but the very best gift you can give Roxy...when you're ready...is honor her by adopting a homeless cat and paying all the happiness she brought to you forward to another little furry soul.

I feel for you and hope that it gets better for you quickly. Don't let anyone get under your skin here, either. Some people still have lessons to learn...pity them for their ignorance. The wheel always comes back around in time. Blessed Be.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Thank you. Still bummed out but think
will be ok in a few days.
edit on 17-9-2016 by saracene because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

TY Phage. She was a very pretty cat but she is no more.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

It is important to bury dead animals. I hate to break it to you, but it is very likely the body will be ravaged by scavengers searching for a free meal, if it has not been already.

However, animal ghosts are not unheard of, and animals are also more likely to detect the presence of apparitions not as noticeable to us humans.

Don't go back, why did you tell him that; you can't undo it now. Your cat is visiting you. I have seen and felt the presence of my beloved Labrador years after her passing.

Love knows no boundaries - sorry op for your loss
edit on 17-9-2016 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Thank you all for your support. It has helped me.

My sister emailed today and did not understand why I was mourning my cat. It is difficult to explain how pet owners feel about their pets to non pet owners, so I didn't even try.
edit on 17-9-2016 by saracene because: spelling

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I suggest (in future) wrapping remains in air-tight plastic, placing in freezer until you can find a safe place to bury your loved-one. By safe, I mean away from scavengers and anything that might disturb their peace (take them to a forest and get away from the beaten path). Either that, or contact your veterinarian to have the remains cremated... you may also be able to have a local "rendering" company handle it, some of them are used to dealing with deceased pets and will be very considerate and respectful.

She obviously meant a lot to you, I'm sorry for your loss. This is something that we often are not prepared for, so I don't condemn how you handled it, but I hope that you will consider alternatives when/if it happens again, and prepare accordingly.
edit on 9172016 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

I believe our furry/feathered/finned friends deserve a high level of respect and careful treatment when they pass- it is the least we can do for their service and commitment to make us happy.
edit on 9172016 by seattlerat because: mai spilling sugs

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
We have 2 small dogs, a Chihuahua and Mini Doxie. We had a cat that would sit on my lap on the couch, then the Doxie would muscle her way in, and make the cat lick her head and ears. Few months ago I found the cat dead on the floor when I got up in the morning (no idea what happened).

Our Doxie was obviously sad and depressed for quite a while, just now returning to normal

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

That may be true in some areas, but it's not universal. Where I live, the only time the ACO will pick up animal remains is when they are lying in a public road or pedestrian area. You can't just take the remains to a shelter, either. They will tell you either bury it or take it to a crematorium, which in this city at bare minimum will cost 100$.

I have worked in the rescue community here for years, and it's a big issue...in a city of four million, there is only one ACO, and they don't even pick up strays unless they've bitten someone. We pull funds together to assist with cremation expenses for people who do not own their own property, but our reach is very limited. Most people are forced to throw them in dumpsters or leave them out for scavengers. That is a reality, like it or not.

OP does not disclose the location, but if it's anything like our situation, the options are extremely limited. It is illegal to bury remains on privately owned property owned by a landlord. It is also illegal to do the same on public property owned by the city. Unless you have a backyard, there is no place to bury your pet. Period. And they absolutely do not care...in fact, they will tell you as much.

Animal remains here are not considered biohazard material. There is no risk of bloodborne pathogens from a dead animal. They remove them from the road because they reek and make a nasty mess...but if no one calls 311 and reports it, roadkill will lie there until it's eventually decomposed or ripped to pieces by traffic running over it.

It's absolutely awesome when you're lucky enough to live in an area where things like animal disposal services are in the budget...but that is rarely the case. In this city, where the sole existing city animal shelter kills between 100-300 stray animals every week, because they are a kill shelter, helping the community dispose of their deceased pets is not a service they provide. If you have a sick animal, you can take it to them and they'll kill it for you, but you'll not be allowed to accompany the pet...you sign a form, turn your pet over to strangers who will refer to it by a kennel number, and you walk out the door. That is reality.

I know a girl who had to keep her deceased cat in the freezer compartment of her fridge for three months until she could scrape together enough funds to have him cremated, because she lived in an apartment and had no place to dig a grave for him.

This person who people have, for some unfathomable reason, chosen to criticize has just lost a beloved pet. We don't know the exact circumstances of OP's finances or available resources. So why the judgemental attitude?

OP also made it clear that there were no other options. The topic of the thread is simply a question; is it possible that the remaining cat is seeing a manifestation of Roxy? Beating someone down who just suffered a devastating loss is cruel, and completely unnecessary. OP needs moral support right now...not a lesson on proper disposal of a dead body. Is this how we treat people grieving a loss now on ATS? Come on, now.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

TY. I read on another thread that you lost your hearing or were born without it. You know when I was 16, back in London, our class went on a geography trip. It was cold that day. We came back to the van and suddenly I realized I could not hold my pen.

My right hand was getting weak. So went to my doctor. He prescribed some vitamin c pills and injections. Kept getting worse so ended up in whitechapel hospital. Stayed 2 weeks there for tests but guess what, that was some of the best times I had. It was around 1979. Got to know a few nurses. You know what I mean, wink wink.

Funny how things were different then. The womens ward was next to the male ward and there was a common area where we would sit down and chat and enjoy a smoke(i did not smoke then) but ppl would smoke in a hospital then.

Anyways after many tests I was told I had MND and would eventually start losing all my muscles and would be confined to wheel chair by 25 and die soon after. I am over 50 now, because I refused to believe them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join